• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Creative Guest Race Mechanics and Geometries

Sir Derf

Adept
The Incredible Machine. Each building is a Rube Goldberg component, your Guest race is complete when you successfully trap the mouse.

Sir Derf

Adept
An archaeological dig. As they are upgraded, each building slowly uncovers...

• Dinosaur skeletons?
  • Pieces of a buried giant?
  • A ruined civilization?
  • Five robot lions, which come together to form...

Sir Derf

Adept
A Mega-Castle. Or Mega-Pyramid. The portal is placed, a small hut, maybe 4x4, You surround with 4x4 stage 1 workers, digging. Upgrade to construction. Upgrade to Walls. When each round of upgrades is complete, it triggers a change in the portal appearance. Sell stage 1 and upgrade portal to 10x10 Castle. You surround with 5x5 stage 2 workers, digging. Upgrade to construction. Upgrade to Walls. Portal reacts to each stage completion. Sell stage 2 and upgrade portal to 20x20 Castle. You surround with 5x5 stage 3 workers, digging. Upgrade to construction. Upgrade to Walls. Portal reacts to each stage completion. Sell stage 3 and upgrade portal to 30x30 Castle. Each stage is designed to visually progress into the larger and larger structure.

Think of what the artists could do in designing a 30x30 Castle.

By the way, this might go to resolving my problems with the earlier thought on a guest race that has a visual appearance that is depressed below ground level. By using a really large single building, you resolve the visual/clickable problem of having a representation that is significantly outside the clickable bounds of the item. This could be a massive excavation process, exposing a previously buried civilization.

Sir Derf

Adept
I'm having way to much fun with this thread.

The Rainbow Connection.

Buildings need to be placed at particular spacings from each other. When they are producing, a rainbow animation periodically arcs from building to building.

Sir Derf

Adept
Light sources, mirrors and beam splitters. Buildings have to be connected line-of-sight.

Might look a little odd with some of the taller buildings in the way, but hey, it's MAGIC.

Sir Derf

Adept
The Siege.

The "Portal" is an enemy stronghold that materializes in your land. You have to build base camps to train warriors of different types, and build "buildings" that are siege engines to attack the castle.

As the campaign progresses, the stronghold "upgrades" grows smaller and smaller and show more damage.

Sir Derf

Adept
Emergency!

Guest race Buildings are Fire Departments, Police Departments, Hospitals. The portal is the Dispatch office.

Randomly, Residences catch on fire. Workshops are robbed, Manufactories experience chemical spills, etc. A building undergoing a disaster is unable to finish its production, and is unable to be moved, sold or teleported. You build Fire trucks, Police cars and Ambulances. A friendly implementation has the dispatched vehicle appear on the road next to the effected building. A tougher implementation requires you to clear space around the effected building to place the responders. Disasters take specified amounts of time to clear. Dispatch more units, or upgraded units, to resolve the emergencies in shorter time frames.

The final act is a Towering Inferno scenario in your Main Hall, requiring all hands.

Ooooohhhh, maybe the incidents aren't random.... Maybe they are a function of required building upgrades. When you upgrade a building, that's when the disaster strikes, and you then need to dispatch units.

Sir Derf

Adept
Okay, intentionally causing your buildings to suffer a disaster in order to upgrade sounds a little too cruel. So......

House Flippers!

You build Hardware stores, Paint Stores, Furniture stores. You have to produce Interior Decorators, Painters, Carpenters, etc. to upgrade your buildings during the chapter.

Sir Derf

Adept
A Topia for Zoos....

You are placing land plots for different environment. As you place multiple together, they collectively fence around themselves. Eventually, different animals roam through the areas.

DeletedUser9340

A Guest Race that worships natural disasters. Every building has a 1% chance of falling prey to a natural disaster each day. Picture logging in to find one of your buildings is on fire. Or flattened by a Kaiju. Struck by a meteor. Flooded. Overtaken by vines.
Haha! That would be awesome ;) I prefer a one where they create a chapter called Elvenar-Chapter-2 (XVI). Where they teach the use of cement & modern items,reflecting the real world & reflecting it's significance. And creating the tab called food. Many people live in our cities. Those who works, need food. So, farmhouses can help them .And again, I said this in the other Ideas & Suggestions tab, we can attack offline bots with the soldiers in our barracks. They can give us the resources we need. Example: If a Chapter-IX player attacks one, they can get some apprentices & some resources like 15K planks (I have currently 100000).

Again,we set up different roads in guest races. Like,we should see some of the creatures with the humans walking in the roads. Example: A Dwarf is following a human to the main hall. And there should be a tax collector for us because we are the kings of our cities, literally. Also,the Ancient Wonders look the same even though it's upgraded that much :/ @Silmaril It would be great if you see this :eek::oops::cool:o_O;):):D:p

AstralSoul

Illusionist
Sell stage 3 and upgrade portal to 30x30 Castle.

Why not making it 60x60? Double the size, double the fun.

Emergency!

Guest race Buildings are Fire Departments, Police Departments, Hospitals. The portal is the Dispatch office.

Yeah, I can guess one RSS for that race, that starts with the letter C (and it's not cancer), to fill up those hospitals of yours. That sounds too real-life hehe, and too current.

Haha! That would be awesome ;) I prefer a one where they create a chapter called Elvenar-Chapter-2 (XVI). Where they teach the use of cement & modern items,reflecting the real world & reflecting it's significance. And creating the tab called food. Many people live in our cities. Those who works, need food. So, farmhouses can help them .And again, I said this in the other Ideas & Suggestions tab, we can attack offline bots with the soldiers in our barracks. They can give us the resources we need. Example: If a Chapter-IX player attacks one, they can get some apprentices & some resources like 15K planks (I have currently 100000).

Again,we set up different roads in guest races. Like,we should see some of the creatures with the humans walking in the roads. Example: A Dwarf is following a human to the main hall. And there should be a tax collector for us because we are the kings of our cities, literally. Also,the Ancient Wonders look the same even though it's upgraded that much :/ @Silmaril It would be great if you see this :eek::oops::cool:o_O;):):D:p

I played in the early 90s a game with that. Earthquakes, Tsunamis, Wildfires, Virus Pandemia, Harassment (zombies), and a few more. Sizing your city, reducing like a 70% its production, citizens die, and it becomes easier to conquer.

On top, of what you suggest. Not fun! There are other games that have all of that.

Last edited:

AstralSoul

Illusionist
Well,not all games r fun.And how was I supposed to know that.I am not as old as u(no offense).I am a teen.

I love to be near the 40s, so no offense hehe. But yes, empire-building games and the companies were 10x if not 100x meaner than ENNO and our beloved peaceful elvenar. You do not know what a hard empire game is :D This game is a joke, excellent to wind off, imagine, and make-up fairy tales in the mind while relaxing from running two businesses.

Your mind and communication skills are quite nice actually for being a teen, kudos on you :)

Julian

Sorcerer
A Guest Race that worships natural disasters. Every building has a 1% chance of falling prey to a natural disaster each day. Picture logging in to find one of your buildings is on fire. Or flattened by a Kaiju. Struck by a meteor. Flooded. Overtaken by vines.
I think it would be great if the game is more dynamic. It is currently quite linear and unchallenging. You increase your score over time with no trouble. Natural disasters would be good, but is somewhat random. What about having increasing sewage problems the more residences you build? So you need to expand your sewage works. Expanding your city causes deforestation and lowers your culture. That sort of thing.

Sir Derf

Adept
I'm mostly trying to stay in the spirit of Elvenar in this thread; not really trying to add new universal mechanics, just trying to come up with interesting one-offs that you pass through and then are done with.

I'm not trying to build Sim Elvenar City or Elvenar-ization.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
I think it would be great if the game is more dynamic. It is currently quite linear and unchallenging. You increase your score over time with no trouble. Natural disasters would be good, but is somewhat random. What about having increasing sewage problems the more residences you build? So you need to expand your sewage works. Expanding your city causes deforestation and lowers your culture. That sort of thing.

You didn't play any empire games in the 90s, haven't you? Disasters: No thanks... if so, they should make it optional. If you want your buildings to break, be my guest, but those of us who prefer not to (as it is today), able to toggle your armageddons off.

And for sewage, you got Sim City, you can even make a subway for your citizens to go from their homes to your (real-life like factories), but here, dust manufactury faster, and therefore, increase culture hehe.

The game is great as it is :) Many of us who suffered headaches from empire game in the 90s, rather leave it as a memory. I do not want to wake up one day and find my spire sets destroyed, I grew that out! Leave bigger challenges for real life!

Last edited:

DeletedUser9340

This game is a joke, excellent to wind off, imagine, and make-up fairy tales in the mind while relaxing from running two businesses.
Prepares Machinegun
U dare mess with me?! :p :p :p
You do not know what a hard empire game is
Well,I don't know even hard empire game means :( but I played some city player games which allows me to plunder loots from bots by attacking.Attacking some newbie cities & take valuable resources.Soldiers takes my food.Farmhouses should be set enough.It was so hard coz when I fall asleep,a player could destroy my city(It was shining gold,baby! :p :D )