• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

City wasted space

gathsdell

Soothsayer
It seems to me that the squares contingent to the main hall should be considered connected. Avoiding the use of the space wasting, useless 1 square road spits. In cities where space is tight, the use of road spits often results in the loss of a potential build site!!! w
hats up with that!!

Timneh

Artisan
Buildings do not have to be connected to the main hall directly, they have to be connected to a street that is connected to the main hall.

Pauly7

Magus
I think he means you should be able to have a building connected to the Main Hall without using a road.

Sir Derf

Adept
Thank you for stating the current situation. The point of Gathsdell's suggestion is to suggest a change, I believe.

Personally, I usually place the Main Hall in the corner of my buildable area and try to put buildings that are one square less in dimension against the Main Hall, running roads across and down from that last corner square of the Main Hall, and placing another building touching corner-to-corner to the Main Hall.

DeletedUser9340

I think he means you should be able to have a building connected to the Main Hall without using a road.
I think thats what she wants to say @gathsdell Well,Elvenar is a Fantasy City Builder Game but that doesn't mean it doesn't contain a least bit of logic.How can you go from a workshop to the main hall if there is buildings in the way.I hope you think not jumping from building to building.I mean,what kind of town/city/village has no roads?

Timneh

Artisan
Even if buildings could be placed next to the main hall and that counted as being connected you would still need to have roads coming from the main hall in order to connect all the buildings that are needed to build your city, it is not really difficult to make all bulidings touch a road. As the devs have said making the best use of the space you have available is one of the challenges of the game.

gathsdell

Soothsayer
Thanks for responding! What I'm trying to get across is NOT eliminating roads it's that a building that is connected directly to the main hall should be considered connected and the roads are arteries to the rest of the city.Logical really

gathsdell

Soothsayer
F. Dosent sound like much but in many cases kept me from building a much need or instance I am still a small growing city with space utilization a real issue for me to put a building of any kind next to main hall for instance right now my magic academy I had to waist a space to put a road spur (1 tile). Which in many cases kept me from utilizing that space for a 4x4 much needed Building. ok I filled it with cultural building but this has led to a gross overage of culture buildings, not a bad thing I guess.

Timneh

Artisan
What I'm trying to get across is NOT eliminating roads it's that a building that is connected directly to the main hall should be considered connected and the roads are arteries to the rest of the city.Logical really

I understand what you are saying but the point i was trying to make it that buildings do not need to be connected to the main hall, they need to be connected to a street that is connected to the main hall. Putting a building in direct contact with the main hall does not fulfill that requirement.

gathsdell

Soothsayer
understood ,however, when your a small new city, it uses a lot of space, the roads, that is, to maintain minimal long side of buildings road frontage I suppose the solution is to use only cultural buildings contacting MH to economize limited space

DeletedUser9340

Thanks for responding! What I'm trying to get across is NOT eliminating roads it's that a building that is connected directly to the main hall should be considered connected and the roads are arteries to the rest of the city.Logical really
I am almost to Chapter-10 so I think I know

Sir Derf

Adept
Timneh, it is understood that what you are describing is the way the game operates. Again, gathsdell is suggesting that this be changed to allow directly contacted buildings to be considered connecting without using a spur road. This is the "Ideas and Suggestions" section, after all.

Gathesdell, I understand the issue with spatial constraints. While it's not universally applicable, to put example numbers to my suggestion, I would try to put 3x and x3 buildings against a 4x4 Main Hall, running the road across and down from the corner 4th square of the Main Hall. This can't be done in all chapters, but it was one thing I tried.

m4rt1n

Adept
I am almost to Chapter-10 so I think I know

You or your buddies that share the same account, this is a suggestion thread so you can reply with how you think the idea could work or not work, not just boast.

@tunan when I ejected you from my fellowship we discussed you and your friends sharing the same account and contradicting each other. Why don't you make a game account each then we know who we are replying to. :)

@gathsdell as your city gets bigger you can have just 1 or 2 roads connected to the main hall, move the Main hall up in to the corner and place in the space event culture/population buildings that don't need a road.

The same road connection rules apply in the guest race chapters for the most part from ch5 onwards so I don't see anything changing.

DeletedUser2456

can under main buildings houses /factorys needing a road , but even smallest culture stuff and event buildings require roads.i think that a bad idea has trying to get everything attached by road when got some empty gaps waste space .any prize building or small culture stuff should be road free same as a/w there big buildings and trying to put them out the way of stuff you using daily like factorys etc but cant has all need roads

DeletedUser3571

Most culture does not need to have a road connection, only those culture items that also produce something be it goods, mana, seeds, troops, kp or other things

Sir Derf

Adept
Just to devil's advocate/humor here...

Needs a road so it can be delivered... Come on, dude, we're like neighbors. Look, now I'm standing on my lawn, *hops* now I'm standing on yours. *hops* Mine. *hops* Yours *hops*.

*Stands one foot in each* See how easy this is? I pick it up from over here (lift with my knees, not with my back), I place it down over there (gently, don't want to break those Flacons).

Look, see my nice Level 27 Manufactory right over there? Now, look up. What do you see? I've got this snazzy big crane up there. All day long, all it does is pick things up here, move them over there. I mean sure, it doesn't really unload well, just kinda dumps everything all over the ground, but hey, I can just as easily have it spill everything right there on your front steps my courtyard. No problem.

Oh, what's that? All deliveries to the back door and the loading docks. Well, I'll just have the crane swing around a few times, build up a little momentum, and let 'em go. Look, I just invented air-freight. No charge. Roads? Where they're going, they don't need roads.

What's this? Oh, you say you have a contract with the carting union from that all-female ancient Greek nation and their upgraded service plan that requires them to handle all your deliveries? Amazons Prime?

Timneh

Artisan
The simple fact is that buildings that produce something need to be connected to a road that is connected to the main hall. I don't think that is ever going to be changed no matter how many times it is asked for. Does not being able to place buildings that need a road connection directly against the main hall but that not counting as being connected really make a difference ? Maybe a tiny one but how many thousands of players have still managed to build a city using roads ?