• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.98

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss the release of version 1.98

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Last edited:

Pauly7

Magus
It's nice that the problem of candy (etc) not appearing in the app after it's minimised will be fixed... Especially as I was told it was just me doing something wrong when I reported it a year ago!

Julian

Sorcerer
Wonderful that the neighbourly help changes are finally coming.

My fellowship will get the bronze trophy in the Spire. Doubtful that many fellowships will get silver or gold.

Hekata

Artisan
Finally the new NH is here! Yaaay. The best improvement in a long while as far as I'm concerned.

My fellowship will get the bronze trophy in the Spire. Doubtful that many fellowships will get silver or gold.

Same. I usually finish 2 maps but very few of my fellows venture past the 1st one. I think it's too expensive for the smaller players to do both the tournament and the Spire.

Jackluyt

Shaman
Interesting about the trophies!
Are they worth anything please Silmaril - other than the bragging rights. Any prizes attached??

DeletedUser9340

Wonderful that the neighbourly help changes are finally coming.

I guarantee u.The new FS I am in will surely get silver trophy but I gotta get in the competition too :D ;)

DeletedUser8409

Sadly nothing more than the trophies is happening.
Pretty sure this will help fellowships recruiting to prove they do or do not enter the Spire as another facet to see which fellowship to move to.
With such a ludicrously big gap between silver and gold it won't be meaningful.

25 players doing just map 1 and not even starting maps 2 or 3 is hardly silver in my eyes.

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
The new NH on the browser is great! A little sad that it took 2 years to implement, though.

In the Ancient Wonder overview, it is now possible to directly substitute for missing Knowledge Points with Diamonds in case insufficient Knowledge Points are available to finish research into a new level.

This got me wondering. I would think that it's extremely rare that someone needs to buy KP when they are already inside a wonder. On these already rare occasions virtually everybody prefers any other possible currency over diamonds. Thus, this new feature will be ignored except for maybe a handful single cases, like misclicks or total newbies.

Last edited:

DeletedUser2553

I find the new option to give neighbour help is really bad, as I always go in under notification and press the "hand" to go visit and give help. Now since the change it only give me 2 or 3 option and tbh. it's not always show the best option of culture to help out.. Terrible and outrageous.

After so many years of playing this game, I really start to feel enough is enough

Attachments

• notifications.png
    notifications.png
    34 KB · Views: 106
  • help_option.png
    help_option.png
    121 KB · Views: 104

Hekata

Artisan
Now since the change it only give me 2 or 3 option and tbh. it's not always show the best option of culture to help out.

The new system gives you the options that are available. If there is not builders hut it means it's reached the max help available and you can't give that kind of help at that particular moment. The culture option also gives the most valuable culture building available at that moment.
I think it's a great improvement as it does save me the time to wait for the cities to upload and then to search for the BH or the best culture (and often I don't even know what that is, we don't have the same buildings, different chapters etc...)
But if you prefer to give help the old way you can still click on the name of the player and choose visite"

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
Instead of graying out unavailable options, the new help system doesn't display them at all. That's a design choice and it's perfectly ok with me. When giving neighborly help, the new system has a significantly reduced loading time. No longer searching for the builder, no scanning for the best cultural building, no accidental clicking of a Mana Hut, because it is hidden behind an Aqueduct. No need to place the builders hut in front of the Main Hall in order to be seen by visitors.

The only caveat might be that with the Lighthouse of Good Neighborhood the player would want to receive help on the best Mana producer and not the best cultural building. I consider this a tiny issue compared to the advantages offered.

I love the new NH system, so glad we finally have it.

@Quinoa, if the cultural building offered isn't the one with the highest culture available for polishing, this would be a bug and you should report it.

Pauly7

Magus
Also, I haven't tried it on browser yet, but presumably there is still the option to load the player's city and do the NH manually... if you want to pick something not offered.

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Also, I haven't tried it on browser yet, but presumably there is still the option to load the player's city and do the NH manually... if you want to pick something not offered.
Yes you can choose to visit rather than click on the helping hand symbol and still pick your choice. The new style is to just speed things up by giving a choice of 1, 2 or 3 buildings which are dependant on the players level and availablility for help.

DeletedUser2553

The new system gives you the options that are available. If there is not builders hut it means it's reached the max help available and you can't give that kind of help at that particular moment. The culture option also gives the most valuable culture building available at that moment.
I think it's a great improvement as it does save me the time to wait for the cities to upload and then to search for the BH or the best culture (and often I don't even know what that is, we don't have the same buildings, different chapters etc...)
But if you prefer to give help the old way you can still click on the name of the player and choose visite"

Well I didn't like the new way and so many other things that has change over the years, so I choose another option and deleted my town more of less and stop playing the game as it annoying :mad: me too much. But have fun rest of you /wave ;)

m4rt1n

Adept
Well I didn't like the new way and so many other things that has change over the years, so I choose another option and deleted my town more of less and stop playing the game as it annoying :mad: me too much. But have fun rest of you /wave ;)

Oh well, you could have carried on the old way still and the new way is so much quicker.