• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion Elvarian Carnival

DeletedUser9340

Depending on available space, build another residence
Thats not much of a better solution but it is a useful one.
I don't know if there are other players in the same situation but while beeing working on a guest race, because I don't want to remove valuable buildings to get enough room for the settlement, I usually teleport my rewards, so, I have negative population and I'm unable to build temporary factories or WS...
This said, I found a workaround for Quest #7 asking to level 2 buildings (I reinstalled & leveled up 2 Venar's Rock) but now I'm blocked with the quest #22 asking for 1 day T1 production as my T1 only have 3h, 9h or sentients...
Any tip for this one ?
If you have a 2x2,then you can get a 100+ population and if you have 3x2 space,you can get a 200+ population or even 300+

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
Depending on how much negative population you have could you teleport a workshop or manufactory to free up some population and put it back after the event. That is the only thing i can think of, hopefully someone else will know a better solution.
Thx but...
Yes,you can get some population by teleporting a workshop/manufactory but at the moment,I don't know any better solution :(
Thx but...
Depending on available space, build another residence
Thx but...
Thats not much of a better solution but it is a useful one.

If you have a 2x2,then you can get a 100+ population and if you have 3x2 space,you can get a 200+ population or even 300+
Thx but...

Perhaps I should have mentionned I have actually around - 90K pop and - 46K culture ? I teleported 14 Venar's to get enough room for the settlement... :rolleyes:
My only option for now is to remove every settlement building except the portal and to use only portal profits to complete the researches but I'm too lasy to count if I own enough PP... and I would waste a lot of gold and supply...

Last edited:

DeletedUser9340

Perhaps I should have mentioned I have actually around - 90K pop and - 46K culture ? I teleported 14 Venar's to get enough room for the settlement... :rolleyes:
My only option for now is to remove every settlement building except the portal and to use only portal profits to complete the researches but I'm too lazy to count if I own enough PP... and I would waste a lot of gold and supply...
Well,then good luck

AstralSoul

Illusionist
Check to see if you got an email with 100 free candies, it may be in the junk/spam folder.

Nope, I was waiting for it, but I didn't.

In my end, I am almost done, still in between fairies and orcs, so I used their place. I am at 92 candies reward for 32 relics (waiting on the tournament), and after that one, I think I will soon finish them (maybe 100 candies?). This is like my "worksheet" upon almost finishing this event:

worksheet.JPG

And the bigger planks may level up if they ask for more leveling up, but more or less with these and pre-planning, you can do the event in a breeze :) Proper planning is always your friend.

DeletedUser8409

Thx but...
Thx but...
Thx but...
Thx but...

Perhaps I should have mentionned I have actually around - 90K pop and - 46K culture ? I teleported 14 Venar's to get enough room for the settlement... :rolleyes:
My only option for now is to remove every settlement building except the portal and to use only portal profits to complete the researches but I'm too lasy to count if I own enough PP... and I would waste a lot of gold and supply...
Skip the event.

Sorry but you've somewhat abused the system to have your buildings that need population but then no population. The corollary of that then is you can't really do the event.

No shame in that. Before the days of Portal Profits or Teleports I did that for Orcs. I sold every single culture building I had so I had zero culture (besides roads) and then built a massive Orc settlement. As a result when the next event hit I was unable to do it but that in my eyes was a price worth paying for having negative culture and a bigger settlement.

If you don't want to skip the event maybe Teleport your settlement (all but Portal should be possible) then rebalance your city. But honestly I'd just skip the event.

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
Skip the event.

Sorry but you've somewhat abused the system to have your buildings that need population but then no population. The corollary of that then is you can't really do the event.

No shame in that. Before the days of Portal Profits or Teleports I did that for Orcs. I sold every single culture building I had so I had zero culture (besides roads) and then built a massive Orc settlement. As a result when the next event hit I was unable to do it but that in my eyes was a price worth paying for having negative culture and a bigger settlement.

If you don't want to skip the event maybe Teleport your settlement (all but Portal should be possible) then rebalance your city. But honestly I'd just skip the event.
Finally, as some others, I don't find the GP very attractive but there are still some valuable dailies so, finally, I will remove all the settlement except the portal...

m4rt1n

Adept
Is this a bug that needs reporting, or do we still enter a bonus section in the quest line?

elvenarcarnival1.jpg

For info Quest 32 from the beta list.

Edit: Adding that passing the quest 32 has put be back on track with the beta list so far so I assume it is just text related and they forgot to remove the bracketed part, @Silmaril

Now reported as a Text Error Bug so it can be passed on.

Last edited:

Deleted User - 1759805

Finally, as some others, I don't find the GP very attractive but there are still some valuable dailies so, finally, I will remove all the settlement except the portal...
I can't say that there are particularly valuable dailies for the end game player, so I certainly wouldn't be overly upset skipping this event altogether. Having said that, if you've already reached the point in chapter 15 where you only need portal goods (and T6) for research, I don't think you'll be missing much dropping everything but the portal and finishing up with PPs. IIRC you need about 1600% PPs total to complete the chapter, and in my experience adding some actual production doesn't save that much (I think I saved about 500%) - unless you want to grind this chapter for a long, long time.

In the future, if you want to go deep negative on culture/pop you may want to place a few temp buildings for future events before you drop pop buildings. I have done it several times, and it worked quite well if you can dodge upgrade quests. Probably wouldn't have worked this time around because they want non-boosted manufactories in several quests, and we haven't seen those in a long, long time.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
I finished the main questline this morning (I only have the daily now).

I am not after the Valentines' Float, does not fit my cities Aesthetics, however, I worked the event for another goal: KP. I finished this morning the last quest, 25 Magic Vapor for 100 candies.

Then, it vanished, and only the daily quest remains there. I am happy in my end because I got over 150 regular KP, and over 1000 AK worth in spells.

However, those after the building might not be happy:

- I have six level up items. Say, there is still the daily quests and pickups,
- My next item is the 7th level up, got no steps and 46 candies out of +5000 I got from the questline.

So, not sure... 100 steps away for the 9th level up (to level 10), out from daily quests and pickups seems a bit tight. It is true I always went after bigger chest that holds knowledge spells, so more chances with today's exclusive. (Hence all my points.) However, since it is limited, I think it should be plenty for all level ups if you complete all quests, right?

I will hoard these pickups to the next day that 30xAK spell shows, but not very sure if I will get all the level-ups. So, if you are after the main building, then go for the smaller chests (especially the 18 one)

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
I can't say that there are particularly valuable dailies for the end game player, so I certainly wouldn't be overly upset skipping this event altogether. Having said that, if you've already reached the point in chapter 15 where you only need portal goods (and T6) for research, I don't think you'll be missing much dropping everything but the portal and finishing up with PPs. IIRC you need about 1600% PPs total to complete the chapter, and in my experience adding some actual production doesn't save that much (I think I saved about 500%) - unless you want to grind this chapter for a long, long time.

In the future, if you want to go deep negative on culture/pop you may want to place a few temp buildings for future events before you drop pop buildings. I have done it several times, and it worked quite well if you can dodge upgrade quests. Probably wouldn't have worked this time around because they want non-boosted manufactories in several quests, and we haven't seen those in a long, long time.
For the Dailies, I'm mainly interested in time boosters that, combined with MM spells, help me producing the second half of the 350K+ sentients goods that most researches are requiring... Else, because 350K is very close to the infinite limit of a decaying production, I would need nearly twice the time to reach it and some periods of lacks in the trader could ruin even more my days...

Deleted User - 1759805

For the Dailies, I'm mainly interested in time boosters that, combined with MM spells, help me producing the second half of the 350K+ sentients goods that most researches are requiring... Else, because 350K is very close to the infinite limit of a decaying production, I would need nearly twice the time to reach it and some periods of lacks in the trader could ruin even more my days...
Fair enough - I am done with chapter 15 and am getting a ton of timeboosts from the Spire, and the only use for them now is troop production under Brown Bear. Keep in mind though that you're getting 8h timeboosts from the dailies, and using these for goods production is not ideal. You'd have to stick with 9h productions, and these are significantly less efficient (time-wise) than 3h productions.

kuku6

Adventurer
Disappointed , in best chest time reduction item replaced with junk (portal spell) and all other chests changed: KP instants and time reduction replaced with junk like inspiring meditation spell, which we can make at any time without event, coin rain, magical manufacturing or supplies windfall

Paladestar

Enchanter
Three daily prizes left to be revealed on beta and no second Wishing Wells day yet... think we'll get it? Or will it be forum riots in three days?

DeletedUser1874

++ The random nonsense is gone, being able to plan out and finish the event again takes away a lot of stress and FOMO from it. A change that is as unexpected as it is welcome.

+ Being able to progress at almost the same pace with both an endgame city and some progressing cities (Orcs and Wood Elves respectively) suggests that the quests' balance has been done well this time around, which is no small feat.

+/- No more scratch-lottery nonsense, back to chests - BUT chests retain the unneeded nerf (without unlimited quests, players are no longer able to use time boosts to get hundreds of quests done, so the nerfs now feel uncalled for, especially those that didn't affect one's performance in events, for instance getting 3 KPs from the 41 chests was already rather frustrating, and getting 1 now feels like a bad joke). Still, the pros override the cons overall, for the lottery was just utter garbage and I hope we'll never see it again.

+/- The artwork is excellent as usual, but the per-tile efficiency of the buildings is very disappointing. What's the point of having gorgeous-looking stuff if it's not worth placing in the city?

- Nerfs to the daily prizes are no longer needed since, again, the quest are not endless anymore, and they're inconsistent. 30 KPs are still there, whereas time boosts and PPs are still nerfed. Doesn't make any sense to me.

-- The stash outpost costing more and lasting more than the event itself is a shameless scam and whoever came up with the idea should feel ashamed (although it's a scientifically proven fact that the absolute lack of shame is a prerequisite in order to get a job in any marketing department, so lamenting over this is rather moot, but I'm still gonna do it just because).

(- WWs on day 1 is a shameless money-grabbing scheme, unless there's gonna be another WW day towards the end I can see a throng of very angry people. If, however, there's gonna be another WW day, this point is to be ignored.)

Overall, this is still a huge improvement over the last Winter's Event, and even some previous events. It's not perfect, but it's definitely a big step back towards the right direction (that is, the unmaking of changes that weren't needed in the first place). Don't fix what's not broken, don't use the playerbase as guinea pigs, if the formula is right "more of the same is good" (just ask anyone who still plays games from 10-20 years ago because the devs changed the formula and ruined many beloved series), yadda yadda yadda.

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
Fair enough - I am done with chapter 15 and am getting a ton of timeboosts from the Spire, and the only use for them now is troop production under Brown Bear. Keep in mind though that you're getting 8h timeboosts from the dailies, and using these for goods production is not ideal. You'd have to stick with 9h productions, and these are significantly less efficient (time-wise) than 3h productions.
there less efficient only if you don't use time boosters :p

Deleted User - 1759805

there less efficient only if you don't use time boosters :p
No, they're less efficient with respect to timeboosters in this case. IIRC 1x 9h production is less than 2x 3h production. So if you have 2h and 1h boosters, then you'll spend 6h worth of timeboosts (2x 3h) to produce more goods vs if you'd have to spend 9h (8h+1h) worth of boosts - and that assumes that you still have this 1h booster...

Hekata

Artisan
I like how the upcoming Woodelven Float looks and I'm thinking of getting one but Gems says it's a 36 hours production. It's so odd and makes the production rather low I think. Can anyone (maybe playing on beta) confirm this? And is there an early collect?

DeletedUser1874

I like how the upcoming Woodelven Float looks and I'm thinking of getting one but Gems says it's a 36 hours production. It's so odd and makes the production rather low I think. Can anyone (maybe playing on beta) confirm this? And is there an early collect?
According to elvenarchitect the efficiency is 8.33 so on par with a lot of good seed buildings but worse than the pond of autumn and festival merchant. Apparently it has an early collect of 24 hours, it's shown on the elvengems preview page at least.

Hekata

Artisan
According to elvenarchitect the efficiency is 8.33 so on par with a lot of good seed buildings but worse than the pond of autumn and festival merchant. Apparently it has an early collect of 24 hours, it's shown on the elvengems preview page at least.
I always forget that elvenarchitect has those building stats. In that case I'll probably go for it, especially if it has a 24 hours hours early collect. Buildings with a production time of over 24 hours annoy me a lot.
Thank you :)

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
No, they're less efficient with respect to timeboosters in this case. IIRC 1x 9h production is less than 2x 3h production. So if you have 2h and 1h boosters, then you'll spend 6h worth of timeboosts (2x 3h) to produce more goods vs if you'd have to spend 9h (8h+1h) worth of boosts - and that assumes that you still have this 1h booster...
Shit... you are right, I missed that point of view :rolleyes:
skotan-Thumbs-up-smiley.png

Last edited: