• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

DeletedUser8632

Sure:

Day 1 – Wishing Well3×3 Culture + More - if you want diamonds, otherwise meh
Day 2 – Winter Conjuration2×3 Population + Culture - meh, low pop density
Day 3 – Snowball Fight2×3 Culture - meh, same culture density as MA's Lava Codex
Day 4 – Elvenade Logistics Center3×1 Culture + Supplies/T3 Goods/Mana/Seeds - MA's Festival Merchant is better for seeds; meh unless you're desperate for seeds
Day 5 – Frozen Unicorn2×1 Culture - it's a no-pop unicorn, enough said
Day 6 – 10x Magical ManufacturingEnchantments - meh if you play tournaments at all
Day 7 – Igloo Festival3×4 Population + Culture - very high pop density (slightly better than Venar's Rocks III); not that big, but otherwise is an excellent option if you want pop
Day 8 – Snowy Charming Tree4×3 Culture - meh, lower culture density than MA's Lava Codex
Day 9 – 4x 8hr Speed BoostSpeed Boosts - meh, that's as much as you could get as a consolation prize from 85 chest last time
Day 10 – Candy Cane Factory3×3 Culture + Population + Supplies/T3 Goods/Mana - an OK option if you want extra mana; not the best pure play producer, but it also provides some pop
Day 11 – Lazy Snowman3×2 Culture - meh, practically the same culture density as MA's Lava Codex
Day 12 – Winter Pond Habitat3×3 Culture + Population - not as good as Igloo; lower pop density (still pretty high though) and smaller
Day 13 – Candy Cane Unicorn2×1 Culture - it's a no-pop unicorn, enough said
Day 14 – 1x Portal Profit 15%Portal Profit - meh; low PP amount, probably better off playing Spire for that
Day 15 – Lemonade Brewery3×4 Culture + Population - meh, pretty low pop density
Day 16 – 4x 8hr Speed BoostSpeed Boosts - meh, that's as much as you could get as a consolation prize from 85 chest last time
Day 17 – Barrel Crane3×3 Culture + Population + Supplies/T3 Goods/Mana - a carbon copy of Candy Cane Factory, except mana production is over 36 hours
Day 18 – Frozen Lake3×3 Culture - meh, practically the same culture density as MA's Lava Codex
Day 19 – 10x Magical ManufacturingEnchantments - meh if you play tournaments at all
Day 20 – Frozen Father Tree3×3 Culture - meh, practically the same culture density as MA's Lava Codex (pretty much the same item as Frozen Lake)

That's from chapter 15 perspective; things may look somewhat different in other chapters, but they usually don't.

Hi @MinMax Gamer would you mind doing the rest? :D Sorry, I hope that's not impertinent. Anything worthwhile to get in the last 9 days?

Thank you!

Deleted User - 1759805

Hi @MinMax Gamer would you mind doing the rest? :D Sorry, I hope that's not impertinent. Anything worthwhile to get in the last 9 days?
Sure, there is some good stuff later on:

Day 21 – Ghosts Of Present, Past And Future3×4 Culture + Population - meh, low pop density
Day 22 – Wishing Well3×3 Culture + More - you know if you want it
Day 23 – Haunted House Of Winter3×2 Culture + Population - meh, low pop density and small
Day 24 – Ice Slide2×4 Culture + + Supplies/T3 Goods/Mana/Seeds - MA's Festival Merchant is better for seeds; meh unless you're desperate for seeds
Day 25 – Lampion Winter Pond3×3 Culture - meh, strictly worse than Frozen Lake, and lower culture density than MA's Lava Codex
Day 26 – Winter Star3×3 Culture + Population - excellent pop density, better than VR3 (but wait for the last day instead)
Day 27 – 1x 30 AW KPAncient Wonder Knowledge Point - you know if you want it; always useful but not unique; meh unless you want none of the more unique dailies
Day 28 – Winter Lampions4×1 Culture - meh, lower culture density than MA's Lava Codex
Day 29 – Father Tree Of Candy Canes3×3 Culture + Population - one of the highest pop densities in the game, better than VR3 and Winter Star

DeletedUser8632

Sure, there is some good stuff later on:

Day 21 – Ghosts Of Present, Past And Future3×4 Culture + Population - meh, low pop density
Day 22 – Wishing Well3×3 Culture + More - you know if you want it
Day 23 – Haunted House Of Winter3×2 Culture + Population - meh, low pop density and small
Day 24 – Ice Slide2×4 Culture + + Supplies/T3 Goods/Mana/Seeds - MA's Festival Merchant is better for seeds; meh unless you're desperate for seeds
Day 25 – Lampion Winter Pond3×3 Culture - meh, strictly worse than Frozen Lake, and lower culture density than MA's Lava Codex
Day 26 – Winter Star3×3 Culture + Population - excellent pop density, better than VR3 (but wait for the last day instead)
Day 27 – 1x 30 AW KPAncient Wonder Knowledge Point - you know if you want it; always useful but not unique; meh unless you want none of the more unique dailies
Day 28 – Winter Lampions4×1 Culture - meh, lower culture density than MA's Lava Codex
Day 29 – Father Tree Of Candy Canes3×3 Culture + Population - one of the highest pop densities in the game, better than VR3 and Winter Star
Spank you!

alsael

Enchanter
actually,I think winter star is overall better.The difference in pop is very little,but the star's culture is much higher

Deleted User - 1759805

actually,I think winter star is overall better.The difference in pop is very little,but the star's culture is much higher
This was from chapter 15 perspective. The difference in culture is 1740 vs 1110, so 630. This is completely immaterial - my excess culture is well above 200K, which is enough to have 170% culture bonus without any NH. This is not at all unusual in the end game, especially if you do a alot of event buildings which provide culture instead of requiring it. The difference in pop is also tiny, but I value pop almost infinitely higher than culture at this point in time.

If anything, I can make a case for Winter Star based on better visuals, this may overweigh small pop deficiency. Culture difference has to be way higher than this for me to care.

If someone is in a different point in the game they may value culture more. But then I'd just go for high culture buildings (such as Cozy Farms etc) rather than worry about weak culture additions to the high pop buildings.

alsael

Enchanter
This was from chapter 15 perspective. The difference in culture is 1740 vs 1110, so 630. This is completely immaterial - my excess culture is well above 200K, which is enough to have 170% culture bonus without any NH. This is not at all unusual in the end game, especially if you do a alot of event buildings which provide culture instead of requiring it. The difference in pop is also tiny, but I value pop almost infinitely higher than culture at this point in time.

If anything, I can make a case for Winter Star based on better visuals, this may overweigh small pop deficiency. Culture difference has to be way higher than this for me to care.

If someone is in a different point in the game they may value culture more. But then I'd just go for high culture buildings (such as Cozy Farms etc) rather than worry about weak culture additions to the high pop buildings.

I understand what you're saying,but remember:more culture--more coins+supplies which is handy for events,regarding relative quests. :)

Deleted User - 1759805

I understand what you're saying,but remember:more culture--more coins+supplies which is handy for events,regarding relative quests. :)
I know, but did you read the whole post? Once you reach 170% base bonus (common in the end game), any additional culture is useless. You can juice up higher, but you need to drop EE enchantments for that, and extra 5% bonus there does not depend on base culture.

Jackluyt

Shaman
There is a new F A starting on Friday 3rd in Beta!
Expect it in the Live Worlds a week later.
There is a new play set - I will post details as they come available.

I had a feeling that the Fellowship Adventures format would change, to bring it into line with the new-style Events. Waiting eagerly to see what they have dreamed up!

Announcement:

Dear Humans and Elves,
Brace yourselves! On Friday, January 3rd we will start a new round of Fellowship Adventures on Beta, so get your Fellowships together and grab some nice rewards! This time we'll introduce a brand new play set.
Of course we'd love to hear all your feedback in our Feedback Thread and the bugs you'd find, in our Bugs Report section!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

81227197_10215589405588852_1603008732625633280_n.jpg

Last edited:

DeletedUser5093

index.php
The changes to the FA so far just look to be a new map, i.e. different badges needed on the various waypoints. So far there's no indication that there's any changes to the production requirements for the badges themselves. Phrasing it as "a new play set" is a bit odd though. Not sure if this refers to the map, or the prizes, or something else. We'll know for certain within a day.

Jackluyt

Shaman
The F A Prizes

80887298_10215596463445294_4543135243711807488_n.jpg

Stage One

• Carting Library
  • Ancient Knowledge 10
  • Ancient Knowledge 10
Stage Two
  • Ancient Knowledge 15
  • Gingerbread Artifact
  • Ancient Knowledge 20
Stage Three
  • Booster 20 hours
  • Gingerbread Artifact
  • Ancient Knowledge 15

DeletedUser3571

It would however the problem with universal artifacts is that not all artifacts are equal. I think most people would agree that the phoenix and bears are worth a lot more than mermaids, stonehenge and gingerbread.

JackHobbs

Adventurer
The prizes are uninspiring, hardly worth the effort.
A universal Artifact would encourage more Fellowships to take it a little more seriously.
Anyone else agree with that??
ABSOLUTELY...it might allow those who have all those other EVOLVING buildings to be of some use....