• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Quests Woodelves chapter quest order

DeletedUser8573

I'm finishing up Woodelves chapter and I have positive feeling about the chapter. One thing that still annoys me is the quest order. Generally it is advised (in forums) that researching of quest race buildings and upgrading them should be done ASAP. So, I was rushing the upgraded quest race buildings fast and was stuck in ""Upgrade Main Hall to level 22" a long time since it took 130000 mana to upgrade it (lots of mana).

When I finally got the Main Hall upgrade done I encountered "Gain X Mana Tears" quests. I don't have need for Mana Tears any more so it feels pointless to finish these quests.

Quest order goes now like this:
* Upgrade Main Hall to level 22
* Gain 2000 Mana Tears
* Gain 4000 Mana Tears
* Gain 6000 Mana Tears

This is not the most important thing and perhaps it is just me but in my opinion (based on my way of playing) "Gain 2000/4000/6000" quest should come earlier in the quest line :)

FieryArien

Necromancer
Agreed.

Beware of Sorcerers&Dragons quests, though. There is a quest to research residences (at this point you’ll probably have your settlement fully upgraded if you use the optimal approach and keep upgrading ASAP) and only AFTER it you get a quest to run 3x20 productions that are only used for upgrades. As gems website describes it: If you are one to always upgrade before research as the usual order of things says is strategic to do, this quest is very inconveniently timed.

Pauly7

Magus
I'm not even sure what Mana Tears are now.

For me I never pay any attention to the story because I don't want that to shape the way I do things. I just cancel or complete them all once I reach the end of a chapter. I can see how certain requirements would be frustrating to those who wish to complete them as they go along, though. I recall from chapters past seeing quest for gaining a certain amount of guest race goods when I had long since past the point when I ever needed them.

DeletedUser8573

I'm not even sure what Mana Tears are now.

Mana Tears are used to build quest race buildings and upgrade them. You need mana to produce them.

This is not a big deal since the quest can be skipped once the chapter has been finished or alternatively player can halt the progression for few days and finish up the quests. Just one thing that irritated me in the chapter :)

BuilderViktor

Adventurer
I'm finishing up Woodelves chapter and I have positive feeling about the chapter. One thing that still annoys me is the quest order. Generally it is advised (in forums) that researching of quest race buildings and upgrading them should be done ASAP. So, I was rushing the upgraded quest race buildings fast and was stuck in ""Upgrade Main Hall to level 22" a long time since it took 130000 mana to upgrade it (lots of mana).

When I finally got the Main Hall upgrade done I encountered "Gain X Mana Tears" quests. I don't have need for Mana Tears any more so it feels pointless to finish these quests.

Quest order goes now like this:
* Upgrade Main Hall to level 22
* Gain 2000 Mana Tears
* Gain 4000 Mana Tears
* Gain 6000 Mana Tears

This is not the most important thing and perhaps it is just me but in my opinion (based on my way of playing) "Gain 2000/4000/6000" quest should come earlier in the quest line :)
I am just about to get into Chapter/Level 7 and am waiting to collect 150000 (150K) of Granite. This is the first occasion to hear about Mana Tears. Could/would you please mention what Chapter/Level you are referring to in your question. I thank you, in advance, BuilderViktor

DeletedUser8573

I am just about to get into Chapter/Level 7 and am waiting to collect 150000 (150K) of Granite. This is the first occasion to hear about Mana Tears. Could/would you please mention what Chapter/Level you are referring to in your question. I thank you, in advance, BuilderViktor
Woodelves is chapter 9