• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

AW donations

DeletedUser8632

I'm bored with this thread now, we will never be prey to anyone and I'm so glad that I have chosen 24 other people who have morals and principles to be part of my team. Keep doing whatever you want if you get some sort of twisted pleasure from it but you won't benefit from us, that's a fact. Good luck and see you around.

For some reason this post makes me want to go to your city and put 7KP in every AW.

No worries, I wont. Probably.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7526

I think it’s a good strategy we fight a bit among ourselves rather than band up against Inno all the time. Probably it is an Inno advocate who started this thread to divert our attention from bombarding them all the time for their insane bugs and nerfs.
Just sad about the adjectives used here. We are all mature and kind people in life and this is a game : with set norms and rules, and anything within the norms is legal. What’s the fun in the game if it’s not competitive. Is it any where near correct to enter into a football game and request opponent not to score :).
Only what’s beyond the norms set by the game is foul play. And hell, we all enter into a game to win. And when the opponent wins, congratulating him is true sportsmanship. Not feeling filthy and miserable.

DeletedUser8301

You mention true sportsmanship, well what's happening here is not true sportsmanship. The Wolf Pack keep lists and have seekers who search for vulnerable fellowships and quickly inform the pack to pounce on them thereby depriving them of any rewards. This is dirty play and not sportsman-like at all. It's like the vile fox hunters out there, no regard for any others' feelings as long as they get their disgusting gratification.

DeletedUser8409

So what you're suggesting is we're better organised at monitoring your own AWs than you are? Without access to your internal messaging system or threads?

Not something I'd shout from the rooftops about if I was you. That's actually rather sad on your part.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
You clearly haven't seen it all yet, since the Wolf Pack is not the only group that helps other player's AWs by donating KP, not even close... There are many many more. There is a simpel solution though, take care of your own. If not, don't complain about getting free KP.

DeletedUser

I'm really not sure what the downside is. Any KP donations to you must be a benefit. If you have active swap threads then there should be greater donations from your FS than from those "descending"... and if not then you must have received some really generous gifts from strangers.

A friend joined a FS in which a member constantly searches for desireable AWs (nearly ready for upgrade, lots of chests); then when they find them they tell their Fellowship members and they swoop in together and steal all the rewards from the Fellowships of the AW owners. This is planned and systematic robbery. Any system can be taken advantage of.

DeletedUser8409

Nobody is being robbed, if you're using swap threads then any reward is a bonus and easy to manage.

DeletedUser8632

A friend joined a FS in which a member constantly searches for desireable AWs (nearly ready for upgrade, lots of chests); then when they find them they tell their Fellowship members and they swoop in together and steal all the rewards from the Fellowships of the AW owners. This is planned and systematic robbery. Any system can be taken advantage of.

You mention true sportsmanship, well what's happening here is not true sportsmanship. The Wolf Pack keep lists and have seekers who search for vulnerable fellowships and quickly inform the pack to pounce on them thereby depriving them of any rewards. This is dirty play and not sportsman-like at all. It's like the vile fox hunters out there, no regard for any others' feelings as long as they get their disgusting gratification.

"Oh look, if it isn't the consequence of our own actions."

KP swapping threads are not a secret. Even if only half the FS members participate in KP swapping you are making it outrageously expensive for non-FS players to "steal" prizes. In our FS I have never seen an AW that had less than 6-7 members contribute at least 40KP. A proper KP swapping management prevents non-FS players from getting prizes and explicitly makes sure that AW chests stay in the FS. Without proper KP swapping this will not work. It is as simple as that.

Lets be very blunt here: "Stealing" AW chests is not a sign of unsportsmanlike behavior. Its a sign of a FS where the members are either too lazy or too incompetent or not interested to implement proper KP swapping. Leaving room in an AW guarantees that somebody will fill it. Its your job as an FS to make sure it is FS members.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7526

dirty play and ... the vile fox hunters ... others' feelings as long as they get their disgusting gratification.

I’m just following the choice of language used. Looks like finger pointers exhibit brash and unparliamentary public behaviour and hunters are replying more mature.

hmm... now I’m confused about sportsmanship and who is qualified to make statements about it.

FieryArien

Necromancer
@JollyElf, it’s hard to stay calm when the person is the “losing side”, if they feel they are being abused. It’s easier to stay calm and mature, when the person feels they have the upper hand, if they think they are winning (doing stuff to the other party which that party does’t like, but doesn’t have much power to prevent it).

On topic.
Personally, I play in the app (with rare logins from browser, which is the only time I can even respond to swap threads), so I’ve got extremely limited options when it comes to my AW and even worse when it comes to AW of others. Some people in my fellowship were/are? doing this hunting, but I didn’t join them even when I had the rare opportunity of being close to browser. It’s just not my style. Interestingly, I have three cities and only one fellowship was/is doing that - the “competitive one”.

It’s true the practice is in no way against any rules put down by Inno.
It’s true that a person who finds out a pack of “foreigners” landed on their AW and grabbed the chests might feel abused.

And I don’t see anything good coming out from this thread. One side never persuades the other side. These are different play styles. Incompatible.

DeletedUser7526

@FieryArien i sincerely appreciate that you are discussing only the issue without abusing people. And yes I understand their mentality perhaps : losing something against their will. And even in other sports like football losing team is less enthusiastic than the winner.
And since we are interested in solutions than people abusing, I would suggest raising a ticket to Inno.
if Inno declares, similar to their take on pushing, some legal take on hunting for kp and runes, then that becomes binding. Unless that’s done, I don’t see any way to stop people doing what’s part of the game/designed by Inno.

DeletedUser8632

@JollyElf
Personally, I play in the app (with rare logins from browser, which is the only time I can even respond to swap threads), so I’ve got extremely limited options when it comes to my AW and even worse when it comes to AW of others.

I have honestly not considered the situation for players on mobile and how utterly fu... err.. disadvantaged they are in terms of AW KP swaps.

And I also want to give a reverse example: I have one city in a very relaxed FS that doesn't do KP swaps and where members rarely if ever contribute to other people's AWs. There I am always very happy if some "hunter" drops by and leaves 3, 5, or even 10KP - I usually save about a third of required KPs because they are provided by hunters.

cwgiii

Shaman
I have honestly not considered the situation for players on mobile

I have seen somewhere (possibly via Beta communications, or in the "Spoilers" thread) that Inno is working on messaging for mobile players (possibly in the next release). This would be a great improvement in several respects, but would specifically help in this situation.

DeletedUser8632

I have seen somewhere (possibly via Beta communications, or in the "Spoilers" thread) that Inno is working on messaging for mobile players (possibly in the next release). This would be a great improvement in several respects, but would specifically help in this situation.

Yeah, I heard that messaging is tested in beta as well. @m4rt1n, wasn't it you who told me? However, this is only actual help in this situation if it will also be possible to donate to other players AWs as well.

m4rt1n

Adept
Yeah, I heard that messaging is tested in beta as well. @m4rt1n, wasn't it you who told me? However, this is only actual help in this situation if it will also be possible to donate to other players AWs as well.

Yes, but I agree without the addition in the app of AW donation, the added feature will not help at all for app only players in the KP swap situation.

cwgiii

Shaman
Yes, but I agree without the addition in the app of AW donation, the added feature will not help at all for app only players in the KP swap situation.

True, but for pure app only players, they are not contributing to other's AWs, up to this point. So, the controversy of "wolves" swooping in to "steal" AW rewards is not an issue for those players.

I am all in favor of true parity between the app and browser versions. In the meantime, more communication between players can only be a good thing. At least this functionality will get the word out to more players that a particular AW is open for KP donations, or is getting close to upgrading. Players that are primary app users may then choose to go to their browsers to take advantage of the opportunity that they would not be aware of, otherwise.

Killiak

Artisan
The solution to the problem has already been given.

Duly note that it has actually been given by those who are supposedly the 'thieves', 'robbers', 'vile fox hunters', the ones who are implied to lack morals and principles. There is only one side in this debate which is slinging the insults.

Timneh

Artisan
If a FS has a swap thread and players from outside the FS are getting the chests then in my opinion the FS swap thread is not working or being managed properly, if it was then the "hunters" would not be able to benefit as the chests would all be taken and the amount of KP needed to be put in would be not worth it.
I don't mind who puts KP into my AWs because i am not losing anything but I have very few AWs because that is the way i want to play.