• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.90

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
Dear Humans and Elves,

Please share your feedback on version 1.90 in this thread. We're looking forward to hearing your feedback!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

m4rt1n

Adept
I seem to only have part of this update.

All my Magic and regular workshops now start with 1 click which is a great help, but I don't have the new province overview yet.

m4rt1n

Adept
Thank you @Muf-Muf I am really liking the new province overview, it will save me a lot of time now with over 500 provinces scouted. :)

m4rt1n

Adept
Have the balancing changes also made the tournaments a lot more difficult.
I have noticed a big increase in the difficulty with this update, and have not unlocked any tech or upgraded anything that would change the tournament for me.

DeletedUser8409

Have the balancing changes also made the tournaments a lot more difficult.
I have noticed a big increase in the difficulty with this update, and have not unlocked any tech or upgraded anything that would change the tournament for me.
3* Elvenar troops have been released and although we've not unlocked them yet the enemy has. So this week the enemy has 3* Frogs which seem to be very powerful. If you'd completed Constructs then the enemy has long had the other 3* units but because 3* Frogs, Rangers and Valorians didn't exist they were capped at 2* - now that the other units exist I suspect we'll see a lot of 3* Frogs, Rangers and Valorians going forwards in weeks the enemy uses those squads.

DeletedUser8632

Well, having the 3* Frogs in Fairies and Orcs makes Auto-Fight a no-go. I don't even have 2* advanced troops available, so screw this. After the events the tournament is now the next big part that is being made inaccessible for mid-Chapter players.

Would be nice if Inno could stop assuming that everybody has a Fire Phoenix. Some people were stupid enough to get an Aureate Phoenix because they naively believed Inno's "play as you like" motto.

DeletedUser8632

upload_2019-10-16_13-49-30.png

This is round 1 (!) in province 11. Are you kidding me Inno?

Edit for clarification: This is from my city in Chapter 7. The best heavy melee troop I have available is 3* Paladins. I do not have access to mercenary camp, Orc Warriors or Orc Strategists. I do not have a Fire Phoenix. I do not have an Unleashed Unit Upgrade available, the last time I saw one of those was 4 weeks ago. Result on Auto-combat: Valorians - Complete wipe. Paladins - Loss of 4.5 out of 5 stacks.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3571

The tournament difficulty has nothing to do with the update and everything to do with the new chapter.
And all enemies become 3 stars by the province 8, they always have done but we just have more 3 star units now
I bought this up when constructs came out, but people feel more effected now because of the bad experience in the event.

DeletedUser8409

View attachment 4016

This is round 1 (!) in province 11. Are you kidding me Inno?
What's the issue? Provinces 10+ use 3* troops so long as you're advanced enough.

Round 1 doesn't change the stars. It just means you face fewer opponents than your SS

Heavy Melee should go through that especially if you have Valorians Valors.

DeletedUser8632

What's the issue? Provinces 10+ use 3* troops so long as you're advanced enough.

Round 1 doesn't change the stars. It just means you face fewer opponents than your SS

Heavy Melee should go through that especially if you have Valorians Valors.

Look..
a) this is Fairies. Not even all of my basic troops are 3* yet.
b) Yes, it does. I have NEVER had 3* frogs in Fairies. Ever. Last week I had the same amount of frogs. 2* frogs.
c) Please don't insult me with unwarranted and wrong advice. I understand how combat works. In my chapter 1* Valorians are vastly inferior to 2*+ Paladins. Plus, the 3* Frogs have a different magic effect that is devastating to slow moving Melee units.

Conclusion is this: I am losing literally double the troops I lost in the last crystal tournament without having advanced a chapter or researched any additional troop size since then. Which makes doing tournaments in mid-Chapters forbiddingly expensive.

Would be nice if Inno could stop assuming that everybody has a Fire Phoenix. Would also be nice if high level players could stop assuming that mid-level players are idiots.

Edit: I just realised I failed to mention in which chapter I am in the previous post so please subtract 5 levels of grumpiness from this post because your answer was based on missing information from my side. Apologies.

Errandil

Conjurer
b) Yes, it does. I have NEVER had 3* frogs in Fairies. Ever. Last week I had the same amount of frogs. 2* frogs.
I guess it has something to do with the fact that 3* frogs were added to the game just a few days ago. So previously it was impossible to encounter them, even though 3* troops are always at the provinces 10+.

DeletedUser8632

I guess it has something to do with the fact that 3* frogs were added to the game just a few days ago. So previously it was impossible to encounter them, even though 3* troops are always at the provinces 10+.

Which would be perfectly fine.

The problem is: What happens if you suddenly throw units that have twice the stats and a nasty special effect into provinces that were perfectly manageable before? This is like cooking for my SO and suddenly Gordon Ramsey is judging my food (Disclaimer: I understand that some people's SO might be worse than Gordon Ramsey) - the entire balance of requirements and effort has been turned upside down.

The worst part of this is that from Inno's recent replies I am 100% sure that they are sitting somewhere thinking "huh, how did that happen" (this is a best case scenario) and their ultimate answer will be "Well, this is all intentional. Deal with it or find something else to play"

DeletedUser8409

It is intentional.

The game is meant to be challenging and the opposition having stronger units than yours has often been true. You'll have been facing three star units for other units before now.

The only reason you're just facing three star frogs now when you didn't previously is because they're new not because of rebalancing.

Errandil

Conjurer
The problem is: What happens if you suddenly throw units that have twice the stats and a nasty special effect into provinces that were perfectly manageable before? This is like cooking for my SO and suddenly Gordon Ramsey is judging my food (Disclaimer: I understand that some people's SO might be worse than Gordon Ramsey) - the entire balance of requirements and effort has been turned upside down.
You are probably right that devs hadn't thought about the tournament consequences after adding these units. Though considering that we'll be able to get them I don't think it's a too big of an issue even though it will take some time to reach this point. And considering that we don't have any mandatory SS upgrades in the new chapter, I would say that devs are actually trying to balance things and make it a bit easier, but just overall bad at planning.

CheesePlant

Seeker
Great job on the new Province Overview, it's awesome and can't wait for it to be added to mobile!

I didn't even know people spent diamonds on healing troops, I don't understand why someone would.

More mobile improvements next time please ;)

DeletedUser8632

You are probably right that devs hadn't thought about the tournament consequences after adding these units. Though considering that we'll be able to get them I don't think it's a too big of an issue even though it will take some time to reach this point. And considering that we don't have any mandatory SS upgrades in the new chapter, I would say that devs are actually trying to balance things and make it a bit easier, but just overall bad at planning.

I understand what you are saying, but a "big picture" is not a good approach if you ignore essential details. Essential details being: Roughly half of our FS (thats all the players between Chapter 4 and Chapter 13) will fall back below 1600 points in tournaments if they remain as difficult as they are right now. Which in turn will lead to a lot of missed 10-chest tournaments. THIS in turn will piss off the high chapter players and a lot of frustrated mid-Chapter players. Mid-Chapter players will either overextend themselves or just say "screw this".

On top of that (am I the only one who noticed that?) trade has completely broken down right now. Because of Chapter 15, many high level players are not able to sustain their beneficial trades for lower level players. We (mid-Chapter players) are now at a crossroad where we can either bankrupt ourselves in tournaments to maintain the status quo or just do what we can, which won't be enough to contribute substantially to tournaments.

Errandil

Conjurer
I understand what you are saying, but a "big picture" is not a good approach if you ignore essential details. Essential details being: Roughly half of our FS (thats all the players between Chapter 4 and Chapter 13) will fall back below 1600 points in tournaments if they remain as difficult as they are right now. Which in turn will lead to a lot of missed 10-chest tournaments. THIS in turn will piss off the high chapter players and a lot of frustrated mid-Chapter players. Mid-Chapter players will either overextend themselves or just say "screw this".

On top of that (am I the only one who noticed that?) trade has completely broken down right now. Because of Chapter 15, many high level players are not able to sustain their beneficial trades for lower level players. We (mid-Chapter players) are now at a crossroad where we can either bankrupt ourselves in tournaments to maintain the status quo or just do what we can, which won't be enough to contribute substantially to tournaments.
I feel your pain about the tournament results, my FS may miss the 10th chest this week as well. Though I guess that we'll adapt to the changes, it will just take some time.
About the trades - they are crippled by the event, not the new chapter. So in a few days it should start getting back to normal. As with everything in this game we just need some time, patience and planning.

DeletedUser3671

I feel your pain about the tournament results, my FS may miss the 10th chest this week as well. Though I guess that we'll adapt to the changes, it will just take some time.
About the trades - they are crippled by the event, not the new chapter. So in a few days it should start getting back to normal. As with everything in this game we just need some time, patience and planning.
Nope, nothing to do with the event.

It's the new chapter. I went from 40-50 pages of sentient trades to ultimate high at 326 pages!?!?!

And it will not stop, because the research demands tons of sentient goods. And does not demand regular goods. Regular goods is only for provinces and tournaments now.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8632

Nope, nothing to do with the event.

It's the new chapter. I went from 40-50 pages of sentient trades to ultimate high at 326 pages!?!?!

At it will not stop, because the research demands tons of sentient goods. And does not demand regular goods. Regular goods is only for provinces and tournaments now.

This. It really is related to the new chapter, not the event. The Event did in fact hamper trade noticeably but nowhere near as substantial as the new chapter.