• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

The Elvenar are arriving!

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss Elvenar's latest Guest Race: The Elvenar!

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

DeletedUser1874

Positives:
* Everything looks pretty, perhaps pretties than usual.
* Optional Squad Size upgrades at long last. Finally something positive gameplay-wise.
* The Portal AW looks very underwhelming but heavily hints at new guest races coming our way, so that's good I guess?

Negatives:
* It seems to me that between the requirements for more sentient goods and the sizes of the settlement buildings, as well as the new horrible idea of having players use close-to-max level buildings for events, only 2 more expansions from research and 1 from provinces is very little. Getting only 1 expansion from all the overscouting we've been pushed towards by all the past events is especially aggravating;
* The timing feels off. Why not wait for the event to end? It would've been a matter of a couple of days;
* Given the tech tree, PPs feel like disenchanting fodder more than anything else - a small commodity towards the end of the chapter at most - which makes the Portal Capacity AW even more underwhelming at first glance, and the other AW doesn't really appeal to me either, especially when compared to the Golden Abyss.

Those are the first impressions from what I've gathered from the Beta forums and screenshots, I'll have more when I actually get my hands working on it I suppose.

Deleted User - 106219

Waiting for the new chapter is literally the ONLY thing keeping me from leaving the game. Glad to hear the wait is almost over.

m4rt1n

Adept
Looking forward to the start of the Elvenar, it's been a long wait so really hope it is an enjoyable challenge. :)

Jixel

Spellcaster
So I've seen this on Beta, and here's what you need to know :
If you only have one each of your sentient goods manus (and don't have a level 13+ Simia Sapiens), it will be literally impossible to gather some of the goods requirements in the tech tree.
If you have two of each, then you will probably eventually build up enough sentient goods (although good luck finding someone to trade enough with), but ... even with MMs, I think you'll run out of divine seeds[1]
Also, Portal Profits are going to be very little use (of course), guess Inno realised that they were too useful :(

Summary: This GR will take non-whale players a very long time, if they don't just give up in disgust at the ridiculous sentient goods requirements.

[1] Once upon a time, someone suggested that it would have been good if the very expensive Trader upgrades included extra divine seed production ... oh wait, that someone was me :)
Just saying, now is the time when it would be really nice to have some extra seed production going on ...

DeletedUser8573

Looks very pretty. I'm only chapter 9 but can't wait to get there :)

DeletedUser8409

So I've seen this on Beta, and here's what you need to know :
If you only have one each of your sentient goods manus (and don't have a level 13+ Simia Sapiens), it will be literally impossible to gather some of the goods requirements in the tech tree.
If you have two of each, then you will probably eventually build up enough sentient goods (although good luck finding someone to trade enough with), but ... even with MMs, I think you'll run out of divine seeds[1]
Also, Portal Profits are going to be very little use (of course), guess Inno realised that they were too useful :(

Summary: This GR will take non-whale players a very long time, if they don't just give up in disgust at the ridiculous sentient goods requirements.

[1] Once upon a time, someone suggested that it would have been good if the very expensive Trader upgrades included extra divine seed production ... oh wait, that someone was me :)
Just saying, now is the time when it would be really nice to have some extra seed production going on ...
If you're struggling with seeds then upgrading Simia will kill two birds with one stone. Extra seeds generation and lower decay.

Alternatively little 2x2 or comparable seeds generation buildings have been a daily prize in every event for a long time.

Valcho

Seeker
Seems this will be last chapter in the game. We will meet our ancestors, the name of the race is the same like the game.

Jixel

Spellcaster
If you're struggling with seeds then upgrading Simia will kill two birds with one stone. Extra seeds generation and lower decay.

Alternatively little 2x2 or comparable seeds generation buildings have been a daily prize in every event for a long time.

Sunset Towers is the one which produces seeds (a tiny amount per day), and reduces seed decay. But reducing seed decay won't help, because they won't be hanging around long enough to decay, because they'll be 100% needed to run the sentient manus.

Simia Sapiens is a Constructs wonder which reduces sentient goods decay and boosts troop production (but how many people will have enough rune shards for it ? And then for the level 5-6 and 10-11 upgrades ?)

Some numbers:
My Trader produces 15213 seeds per day, with 2805 collection bonus. I typically get on twice a day, so I usually get 20822 seeds.
My sentient goods manufactories are all level 27, and take 3200, 4000 and 3900 seeds for tier 1, 2 & 3 respectively, for a 9-hour production.
So 2 x 9-hour runs per day needs 22200 seeds. I'm going down 1378 seeds every day, and that assumes I don't need seeds for anything else (e.g. Culture buildings, upgrades, etc).

There are 24 techs in this chapter which need some sentient good or combination of sentient goods over 200k, and some go up to 350k or so of a single good. How many cities, realistically, are ever going to be able to do that ?

Deleted User - 106219

Every AW level you have increases the bonus seeds you collect from the trader, so every SImia level helps a little bit.

Other things that will help with this chapter:
- Timewarp - increases Sentient Goods production
- Pyramid of Purification - gives bonus Sentient Goods every time you collect Orcs. Quite useful if you have a lot of Armories and/or other sources of Orcs, such as Orc Nests and Heroes Forge

DeletedUser8409

Sunset Towers is the one which produces seeds (a tiny amount per day), and reduces seed decay. But reducing seed decay won't help, because they won't be hanging around long enough to decay, because they'll be 100% needed to run the sentient manus.

Simia Sapiens is a Constructs wonder which reduces sentient goods decay and boosts troop production (but how many people will have enough rune shards for it ? And then for the level 5-6 and 10-11 upgrades ?)
I meant that it reduces sentient goods decay, not that it reduces seeds decay. If you have lower sentient decay then you can generate more sentient goods over time as you can continue to generate goods until you reach the point where production matches decay, that is your limit. If you have lower decay your limit rises.

Every AW improves seeds generation not just Sunset Towers. By the end of Constructs you should have a level 33 Main Hall which means that every AW level 1 you build will give 33 seeds per collection bonus. Getting an AW to level 6 doesn't take very much KP at all and will improve seeds collection by 198 seeds per collection bonus.
There are 24 techs in this chapter which need some sentient good or combination of sentient goods over 200k, and some go up to 350k or so of a single good. How many cities, realistically, are ever going to be able to do that ?
Over time? All of them can. It isn't a doddle and will keep you busy but that's the point. If you've gotten this far you presumably have been playing for years already so can adjust or adapt to the challenge.

Black Lotus gives 760 seeds per day and only takes 4 tiles, would be more in Elvenar Chapter. If you got 3 of those you'd be increasing seeds based on your numbers.

m4rt1n

Adept
I’ve overscouted due to events so my trader already produces a lot of seeds and have been upgrading the Pyramid, Simia Sapiens and Timewarp so adding more seed bonus due to more AW levels and can hold well over 200k of each sentient goods by regular trading. I have one of each boosted sentient manufacturer.
I will see how it goes, I’m not in a rush to do the new chapter so will be taking my time. :)

It will be more difficult for players coming straight in from ch14 as they haven’t been upgrading AW’s for the past 6 months, especially Simia and Timewarp.

LazyTony

Sorcerer
If you are really stuck for seeds, regular collection is the best fix. Put the app on your phone, go to the toilet at work and collect seeds :p

Spamming a bunch of low level AWs will make a big difference too. Remember each wonder level adds the same amount of seeds, lev 2 somewhere costing 150KP is just as useful as lev 20 costing 1K +. So pick a few useful wonders, level them to 6 ASAP.

DeletedUser8409

Well said Tony. If I collect every 3h I make 9k seeds per 3h period between AW collection bonus and scouting.

Elvengems still has no proper guide on it for this chapter, has that resource died or been neglected? Is there another site offering a similar style guide?

I'm curious how valuable Mana is in the new chapter, I'm thinking of selling some old Mana buildings but not sure if its appropriate or not.

Deleted User - 1759805

I'm curious how valuable Mana is in the new chapter, I'm thinking of selling some old Mana buildings but not sure if its appropriate or not.
Mana is pretty useless in this chapter, about the same nominal mana requirements as for the Constructs for a much longer chapter.

Hekata

Artisan
I guess my Storm Phoenix will finally be worth it and put to good use. If I ever get to this chapter that is.

DeletedUser6813

Weighing up the options - build and upgrade Sima Sapiens, or 2 of each Sentient Goods manufactory (Seeds might be an issue here). Anyone know the numbers of chapter buildings required or how they work?