• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Autumn Zodiac

BonnyGwen

Spellcaster
I'm ready for them to throw the new style of event into the trash bin and go back to the old style.
It wasn't a problem that needed tweaking or fixing.
People planned and finished in a week - so what?
What was the major problem with this?
With constant events - I actually had time to work on my city after that first week and could merrily do a daily quest for the rest of the event.
Please stop trying to impose conformity.
If we all play the same way we might as well be little identical robots with no sense of free will.
How is that fun?

Sure Mermaids was a thrill - perhaps too easy - but we are now being punished for playing the game too well.
The thought process must go along the lines of "Gee - people are too happy! We need to FIX that!".
If you want to cap what people can earn/win - just cap it at a level you can live with and stop with the complicated nightmare quest scenarios.

DeletedUser5093

This is the first event I've played where I am actively penalised for increasing in chapter. Previously I would throw a ton of instants at my city just before an event started so that I could go up in chapter as soon as possible, and therefore get better prizes. For this event I am purposely holding back my city to prevent it from increasing in chapter, because even though the prizes will be better, it will also require me to have much higher levels on my manufactories and workshops, which I am simply unable to get. Even if I can get them, I will need to spend a huge amount of time during the event upgrading these buildings, and in the meantime they cannot be used for such quests. The negatives far outweigh the positives.

Also, for higher chapters, Amuni and up, the minimum required level of manufactories needs to be no higher than level 23. Above this the manufactories lose the 1 and 2 day productions, which for people who only play once a day is a significant nerf. Many players choose not to upgrade their manufactories beyond this level, but if they get quests demanding level 24+ manufactories their choices are either to:
- stop there and not participate any further in the event
- upgrade their manufactories and just bear the significant penalties for doing so
- upgrade their manufactories, then delete them after the event and spend significant time and resources rebuilding them to level 23.
All of these options represent a significant penalty.

If we are to keep the quests that require manufactories/workshops of a certain level I think they should get an alternative, for example:
"Produce 2 wooden figurines in a current level planks manufactory, or produce 10 wooden figurines in a planks manufactory of any level."
This is similar in format to the quests that require us to complete a small amount of encounters, or a large amount of tournament encounters.

Another option to address unreasonably hard quests, while recognising that what counts as 'unreasonably hard' differs for different cities, would be to have a timed 'skip quest' button, which is only usable if you've had the quest longer than 24 hours. Using it would have no cost, except for the countdown time, and you'd still get the prize. It would just ensure that no quest would take longer than 24 hours to complete. The time restraint would ensure that your best option is always to complete the quest if it's reasonably doable, but for the occasions where a quest is asking you to complete a 7 day scout, or research that doesn't exist, or productions with manufactories that are much higher in level than what you've got, you will always have an option that doesn't involve dropping out of the event and not doing anything further.

Deleted User - 1759805

- upgrade their manufactories, then delete them after the event and spend significant time and resources rebuilding them to level 23.
There is another option - keep 2 sets of manufactories: for regular play (lower level) and for events (whatever is required). Shuffle between the two with teleport spells.

This requires active Spire runs though, as so far it is the only place for teleports.

DeletedUser5093

There is another option - keep 2 sets of manufactories: for regular play (lower level) and for events (whatever is required). Shuffle between the two with teleport spells.
This requires active Spire runs though, as so far it is the only place for teleports.
Fair point. I forgot this was a new feature that recently got added. Will nevertheless require a large amount of teleport spells and resources, so is still not a good option.

Kimelve

Spellcaster
I've just read the reply from Inno to our feedback on the event. While the proposed changes sound like they may improve future events, what about the fact that many of us have now already overscouted to a ridiculous level to meet the requirements of this event? If the events continue to require scouting and new advanced scout techs only come out every 8 months, we're never going to get back to a manageable position wrt the map!

Timneh

Artisan
Hope you are ready for another 30+ pages of mostly discontent during the next event.

I don't think they will care if there are 3000 pages of discontent as long as players are still doing the event.

I'm ready for them to throw the new style of event into the trash bin and go back to the old style.
It wasn't a problem that needed tweaking or fixing.
People planned and finished in a week - so what?
What was the major problem with this?

They have already said the new style of event is here to stay so going back to the old style is not going to happen.
The problem with the old style of event is that some hypocrites looked at spoilers, prepared quests in advance and finished the event and then complained that the events were too easy and they had nothing to do for the remaining 2 or 3 weeks of the event.
It would seem that INNO listened to those players (according to some posts on Beta) and changed things to make events a boring slog and take any fun out of them. Maybe an easier solution would have been to say to those players that finished events in just a few days why are you complaining ? You made the events easier so it is your own fault. No one made you look at spoilers and prepare quests in advance so stop shouting about problems that you created yourself.

I think from now on i am going to let INNO take their events and use them as suppositories.

My feedback about the event:

Let's start with the positive. Unfortunately the only positive thing I can say is that the event graphics are nice. Sorry I wish there was more but for the first time I feel like this event was not even worth playing.

What I like most about Elvenar is the strategy aspect. This format of event completely removes strategy and leaves players with a boring rote game play that is "now you will do this when you finish then I will tell you what to do next". Inno, that is not challenging or interesting and just reduces us a lot of donkeys being led around by a carrot in front of our noses to take another step. We play the game and event to ENJOY it. We all have a real life and the game is suppose to be FUN. If you want events to be rote and boring then at least your prizes should be much much better. Buildings that "pay" out every 48 hours is not a great prize when you do the math. Not when there are better option in the for of ancient wonders or buildings available in the game.

I have read the response of Inno about the event and if that was to placate players, maybe it worked for some.

Obviously your idea of "random" means that in my city there are only only 3 types of quests: Gain 11 Relics/ Scout 1 Province or Research 1 Technology or Gain 15 Vision Vapor/ Solve 45 Tournament Encounters or Solve 9 Encounters because that is the only ones i have been getting back to back to back.

Let me spell it out for you. Since scouting in my city takes over 60 hours and I have no research tree options and magic academy giveme only 1 or 2 vapors at a time - it makes it impossible to take part.I find it strange that from a supposed list of quests the same three repeats all the time. If one says "random" from a list of, say for example 10 quests, then each quest should have an equal chance of being picked. That is a fair random system. The probability that only 3 of the 10 quests are picked continually does not make it random. It makes it calculated.

Another factor that I find interesting is that after talking to other players it has become obvious that each player gets the quests that his or her city is likely to struggle with most. In my city it is scouting, research tree and completing provinces. Another player who does not fight and only have a barracks keeps getting a quest to make troops over and over. Another player whose buildings are not updated for his chapter requirements keeps on getting manufacturing per present chapter quests. So is future events going to be focused to capitalise on the weakest aspects of each city?

Inno, you seem upset that in the past players planned well, executed and as a result got lots of prizes. Keep in mind that none of those prizes were just given away to players. They had to work for them. So why now try to penalise players by ration the prizes? Even the probabilities on the chest has been diminished. If Inno wants loyal players this is surely not the way to go?

If the object of the new events is trying to get us to spend extra money just to get the prize, that might work with some but not with all. I used to buy diamonds often. Since a year ago when I was conveniently removed from the event newsletter list and gotten NO HELP from Support to rectify it, I am less inclined to be financially supportive towards the game. Why should I spend my money if it is too much trouble for Support to solve a problem that impacts how I feel about my game. It just means that Inno does not care about their players because all of us are expendable. So the bottom-line is that I am not going to be manipulated into buying diamonds just to get the event prize.

So unfortunately although I have some bear artefacts I have decided to stage my own silent protest action for "event discrimination against players in higher chapters" and I will not be placing any bear in my city.

The probability that anyone connected with the development of the game and future events are ever going to read this, let alone give it a second though is probably infinitesimal but there you have my thoughts anyway.

Hekata

Artisan
Another factor that I find interesting is that after talking to other players it has become obvious that each player gets the quests that his or her city is likely to struggle with most. In my city it is scouting, research tree and completing provinces. Another player who does not fight and only have a barracks keeps getting a quest to make troops over and over. Another player whose buildings are not updated for his chapter requirements keeps on getting manufacturing per present chapter quests. So is future events going to be focused to capitalise on the weakest aspects of each city?

It's funny that you mention this because I had the same feeling but I thought I was just me imagining it. I kept reading on the forum that players at the end of the tech tree kept getting the scout/research/VV quest over an over again. I'm in Elementals and while my scouting is 54 hours I still have techs available and there is always the VV option so between the 3 I could mange that quest. I did get it quite a few times but far far less than the "solve 45/9" an "gain 11 relics" ones that keep going round and round and are a huge problem for me because I am not a big tourney player. I don't have those amount of troops, I don't even have a fire Phoenix and I definitely don't have those amounts of goods.
Granted it can all be just coincidences but it's a weird random system when you see that one player keeps always getting the same quest and another one keeps always getting another one. One of my fellows keeps getting the toolboxes over and over again.

Pauly7

Magus
I don't think they will care if there are 3000 pages of discontent as long as players are still doing the event.
Exactly this.
They have already said the new style of event is here to stay so going back to the old style is not going to happen.
And no matter how much they say this, they would completely U-turn in the space of one event if they realised everyone was not playing them.

Fyrebird

Spellcaster
Even tho I have an upgraded bear I have to be honest with myself and ask was it worth it? For the next few months I will have to deal with the long term issues of having overscouted before orcs and rebuilding resources and troops. And I know i'm definitely not the worst off. I feel really sorry for players who have spent money.

Now we have their response 'yeah we hear you, but we don't care'.... okay, so fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.
I cannot condone the blatant abuse of players so won't be taking part in the next event, gained rewards will be purely accidental as a result of normal city activity. My resources will be better spent helping my fellowship grow.

Lelanya

Mentor
@Muf-Muf
The true nature of the problem is STILL not being grasped. You changed the event earlier; but too late. There are players who received the 3/5 toolbox quest 3 or more times in a row. Many of them have already quit the game, or vow to quit if you produce any more endless events. I find that quest particularly unfair when there is no way to know when it will come up. I think if that quest MUST be included in the mix then it ought to be any level workshop to complete, as it is too much of a hardship to leave 3 or 5 regular level workshops stuck permanently on a completed toolbox. Honestly this is the most ridiculous event yet, we are all afraid to harvest our workshops or tier 1 boosted.

You've removed from us the element of individuality by forcing us to fit in one mould. So you've removed the effectiveness of our individual approaches to solving the eternal conundrum of lack of space, whether it be event buildings, Ancient Wonders, or Magic Workshops. Of course it's hardly the first time you've destroyed the effectiveness of buildings like Ancient Wonders, so great work reopening old wounds to fester once more! What trust do you expect us to have, or place in you at this point?

On a personal level, I've spent 3 years dispensing advice on Elvenar game play and you've now destroyed my role. That was very ill done. I've helped hold the line and keep chaos at bay, and make it possible for players who are waffling to stay in the game, and play longer, but no more.

City tetris: we all love it, its one of the core reasons many of us play. And we used to get to do that every 3 or 4 weeks, but no longer. Further, we were accustomed to waiting 3 or 4 months, but you yourselves have accelerated the pace of events, quite literally. So I really do think you've killed the goose that lays the golden eggs. First by slow poison and then by a gut punch.

Sorry folks I don't see a silver lining. The new Devs some of you were so eager to trial have changed the game beyond recognition. Perhaps I'll be around to make another thousand posts, perhaps not.

To the Elvenar players: thank you all. You yourselves have made the game worth playing, and I say it's been my honour to lead the way in many areas, and to game with those who also do the same in the other areas. I do still love you all, even the squeaky wheels. But I've no trust in the future of Elvenar.

Lel

Last edited:

Errandil

Conjurer
I am wondering whether the plan is to revert "from your current or last 3 chapters" to "from your current chapter".
It's more likely to be current or previous chapter, since one can not have the current chapter research yet. So probably we should now keep a chapter-1 workshops for future events. The only question is where to get the population for this.

In my opinion that's tied more to the perception of things, since we don't really notice the easy quests we complete instantly and focus on the harder ones. From my notes the most frequent quest is to produce units, but I would never say that I feel that way, because I can complete it instantly even when I get several of them in a row. On the other hand I get 1 day production 4 times less, but it feels that there were a lot of this quests.

Timneh

Artisan
@Muf-Muf
The true nature of the problem is STILL not being grasped. You changed the event earlier; but too late. There are players who received the 3/5 toolbox quest 3 or more times in a row. Many of them have already quit the game, or vow to quit if you produce any more endless events. I find that quest particularly unfair when there is no way to know when it will come up. I think if that quest MUST be included in the mix then it ought to be any level workshop to complete, as it is too much of a hardship to leave 3 or 5 regular level workshops stuck permanently on a competed toolbox. Honestly this is the most ridiculous event yet, we are all afraid to harvest our workshops or tier 1 boosted.

You've removed from us the element of individuality by forcing us to fit in one mold. So you've removed the effectiveness of our individual approaches to solving the eternal conundrum of lack of space, whether it be event buildings, Ancient Wonders, or Magic Workshops. Of course it's hardy the first time you've destroyed the effectiveness of buildings like Ancient Wonders, so great work reopening old wounds to fester once more! What trust do you expect us to have, or place in you at this point?

On a personal level, I've spent 3 years dispensing advice on Elvenar game play and you've now destroyed my role. That was very ill done. I've helped hold the line and keep chaos at bay, and make it possible for players who are waffling to stay in the game, and play longer, but no more.

City tetris: we all love it, its one of the core reasons many of us play. And we used to get to do that every 3 or 4 weeks, but no longer. Further, we were accustomed to waiting 3 or 4 months, but you yourselves have accelerated the pace of events, quite literally. So I really do think you've killed the goose that lays the golden eggs. First by slow poison and then by a gut punch.

Sorry folks I don't see a silver lining. The new Devs some of you were so eager to trial have changed the game beyond recognition. Perhaps I'll be around to make another thousand posts, perhaps not.

To the Elvenar players: thank you all. You yourselves have made the game worth playing, and I say it's been my honour to lead the way in many areas, and to game with those who also do the same in the other areas. I do still love you all, even the squeaky wheels. But I've no trust in the future of Elvenar.

Well said Lelanya, i could not have put it better.

And no matter how much they say this, they would completely U-turn in the space of one event if they realised everyone was not playing them.

While i agree with you 100% i honestly can not see players boycotting events in large enough numbers to make the devs sit up and take notice. The devs appear to know the power of FOMO and that's what they are counting on.

Pauly7

Magus
While i agree with you 100% i honestly can not see players boycotting events in large enough numbers to make the devs sit up and take notice. The devs appear to know the power of FOMO and that's what they are counting on.
Maybe you are right, but for anyone who agrees with this notion, particularly AMs, then it is incumbent on them to feed down the message to fellowships that, in turn, those players who are in agreement need to at least boycott the buying or using of diamonds during events. These are the stats that the devs will be following, not the comments on this thread and people need to know that this is where the power lies.

Edit: In particular, perhaps we can make a dent in the sale of the special event buildings that give extra key (or whatever) collections. They are sort of a waste of money anyway, if you look at what it actually gives you over the course of an event.

DeletedUser6338

I would join!!! If there really is no chance of them going back to the past on some of this, I am leaving anyway (already searching for a new game).

If there is a group large enough to 'boycott' the events until it changes, I will stay around and see if it helps!!!

DeletedUser6338

Maybe you are right, but for anyone who agrees with this notion, particularly AMs, then it is incumbent on them to feed down the message to fellowships that, in turn, those players who are in agreement need to at least boycott the buying or using of diamonds during events. These are the stats that the devs will be following, not the comments on this thread and people need to know that this is where the power lies.

Edit: In particular, perhaps we can make a dent in the sale of the special event buildings that give extra key (or whatever) collections. They are sort of a waste of money anyway, if you look at what it actually gives you over the course of an event.

I'm onboard!!!

DeletedUser6338

Thanks again for your continued feedback and the nice discussion that's been going here for the last few days. We've been reading along, and - also in response to that - we have drafted a more elaborate post to both answer to your feedback, and to share some further information on what we plan to do with it. You can find it here.

Please continue to let us know your feedback, as usual! :)
So, Inno decision on the matter is essentially, we are making much more money from this format and really don't care what you think about it, we are ignoring what you all want and trying to appease you with 'tweaks' to see if we can shut you up and still keep you playing!

Nope, that's the answer I was waiting for at least. I wish I had been a big diamond buyer so my leaving would 'hurt', but I was small peanuts, so it won't matter a bit. Bummer, because I used to love playing. Oh well, there has to be other fun games out there!

Maillie

Spellcaster
"Thanks to our ongoing data analyses on the event, we can see that the event difficulty and player progression are currently at the intended level, and that many players are already successful in upgrading their Bears - with rates comparable to previous events such as Summer Solstice and Summer Mermaids."

Does this mean that the heavy diamond buyers have been able to spend as much on their bears as they did on the mermaids, therefore it's working as intended? I have nothing against the diamond buyers, in fact I hold them in high esteem, they help to keep the game I love alive. But the fact is that you have heard the complaints from the regular players, and the entire group of Chapter 15 players that are not heavy diamond purchasers are now without a way to play an entire event ... and this doesn't seem to be of any concern. Really? Where are we supposed to put appropriate level, useless, tier one boosteds? Or massive workshops?

This just makes me so sad.

DeletedUser

Muf-Muf said:
Thanks to our ongoing data analyses on the event, we can see that the event difficulty and player progression are currently at the intended level, and that many players are already successful in upgrading their Bears - with rates comparable to previous events such as Summer Solstice and Summer Mermaids.

With so many complaints, and seeing so many struggle around me, I HIGHLY doubt this is a true statement. If all future events are going to be a struggle like this I expect an exodus for you, unless it is intended to get rid of your high level players then your doing great!

I'm a strategy/planner/city builder kind of guy, this game always was: Build your city how YOU like it. Think of the best strategies, plan your path!
Sadly now all the golden glory this game had has already rubbed off in 2 events time...

This game is no fun no more for my kind of playstyle! If the next event is going to be at this difficulty level I'm gone (Not a threat, and nobody at Inno will care anyway).

Last edited by a moderator: