• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived Event buildings

• Thread starter DeletedUser9227
  • Start date

DeletedUser9227

_20191007_132710.JPG
I've got a Squirrel Square from daily prize today but when I placed it in my city, there is no squirrel in it. :( I also notice that other event buildings such as Magical Nutcracker and Hazelnut Stubs show no movement. Could this be a bug?

I play on mobile version en 1.89.

FieryArien

Necromancer
What? I went for a Squirrel Square and a Hazelnut Stubs literally only because they looked adorable and I expected cute animation. They are not placed yet, because Amuni took too much space, but I was very much looking forward placing them afterwards. Don’t tell me the buildings don’t have animation in the app! :-((

Julian

Sorcerer
There are eight squirrels running about the place. Sometimes, the game doesn't load properly and there's no animation. If you pick the item up and put it down again, it should start moving.

DeletedUser9227

No, nothing changed after I moved the building. I even restarted my phone and not a single squirrel. :( What happened?

FieryArien

Necromancer
There are eight squirrels running about the place. Sometimes, the game doesn't load properly and there's no animation. If you pick the item up and put it down again, it should start moving.
It’s not apparent from your post, so I’d rather ask, just to be sure: Are you playing in the app? Are those eight squirrels running around in your app?

DeletedUser5532

The most likely explanation is that you have the game quality set too low.

Head on over to the settings. (The gear Icon in the bottom right, and then choose the gear icon again in the popup), then change your "City graphic quality" to a higher setting. This will get the squirrels to be in place .

"This is for the desktop version, I do not play the mobile version, so I am unsure if the process is the same, but I would hazard a guess and say it is"

DeletedUser9227

The most likely explanation is that you have the game quality set too low.

Head on over to the settings. (The gear Icon in the bottom right, and then choose the gear icon again in the popup), then change your "City graphic quality" to a higher setting. This will get the squirrels to be in place .

"This is for the desktop version, I do not play the mobile version, so I am unsure if the process is the same, but I would hazard a guess and say it is"

Normally, I play on mobile only but I just logged in my PC and found that my "City graphic quality" already set to "high". Everything works properly, I see squirrels and other buildings have animation. But when I went back to my phone, no squirrel again. But thank you anyway. I will try to contact support.

DeletedUser5532

There are separate quality settings on the desktop version to that of the mobile version. Changing on one will not effect the other. Good luck with support.

FieryArien

Necromancer
Normally, I play on mobile only but I just logged in my PC and found that my "City graphic quality" already set to "high". Everything works properly, I see squirrels and other buildings have animation. But when I went back to my phone, no squirrel again. But thank you anyway. I will try to contact support.
Please let me (us) know the results. Thanks! (Just be careful not to cite the conversation with support, because that’s forbidden here on the forum. And I don’t want to get you into trouble with mods. ;-) You are, however, allowed to sum it up in your own words.)

DeletedUser9227

They said animation may be off in some buildings, in some case, to ensure the App will not clash. So this is not a bug. And I asked them does it vary from phone models. They said insufficient RAM could be the cause. Elvenar works well with RAM 3 GB and above.

You can try switching off/on your phone. But I try this, didn't help.

So, I think this problem may not happen to everyone. My phone is quite old. I don't even remember how much RAM it is but it still works fine with other Apps.

FieryArien

Necromancer
Interesting info. Thank you Newae. I had a problem with missing animation for “advanced” elven crystal manufactory - only the last upgrade had animation. It was strange and it was consistent for all four buildings throughout all the upgrades. Anyway, if this bug report is still open when I summon the above mentioned buildings (matter of few days), I’ll post here whether I have the animation or not.

It just occurred to me: there still hasn’t been anyone in this thread who would clearly claim that the animation of these buildings works in their app ...

DeletedUser9227

Thank you FieryArien. I would like to know if other players have the same problem too.

Verde

Soothsayer
Play mainly on PC, intermittently on the App (Android and relatively new, other animation working).
Have Squirrel Square set up ... on the PC, with squirrels, on the App, no squirrels :(
Interesting ....

FieryArien

Necromancer
So, I haven’t placed the buildings yet, but I simply looked at the cities in my fellowship. Here follow the results from my iPad. I saw these buildings:
  • Branchwood of Nuts — OK
  • Magical Nutcracker — no animation
  • Bowl of Nuts— OK
  • Hazelnuts Stubs — no animation
  • Squirrel Square — no animation
This is extremely weird and I’m inclined to say that the explanation from support doesn’t really correspond with the actual behavior. Tagging moderator @Dizzy Lizzie, maybe she can try this and shed some light on this issue, please?

Considering I got one Hazelnuts Stubs and one Squirrel Square purely for aesthetically purposes, I must say I’m extremely disappointed. :(

DeletedUser9227

So it has nothing to do with my phone. Phew.. :p
But what a pity indeed. No squirrel in Squirrel Square. :eek: