• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Autumn Zodiac

m4rt1n

Adept
OK, also nobody is forcing you play this game. Why not play only games by companies you like?

I don't see this game the way you see it. I see it as a challenge on how to

- optimise the layout of my city
- progress through chapters and
- have a reasonably good ranking

with minimum purchases of diamonds.

It's a game of optimisation of resources and money is one of the resources. Before I spend money, I first check do I need that extra expansion, magic building or event building, and if I see that I do need them then I go for it. Not because of FOMO. I use the elven architect app to plan my city. I have spent much more time on elven architect than in the game in fact.

That being said, I am happy with my current ranking, with 125 expansions and 11 magic residences and no magic workshops I can meet the needs of my city, have plenty of space for chapter 15 and population to do all upgrades. There is no FOMO involved here. Just good planning ahead. And it took me less than 2 years to finish 14 chapters. Sorry (but not sorry) that I have to spell it out and for bragging here. Big thanks to the developers of elvenstats and eleven architect!

But what has anything you said got to do with the current event, that is where I am puzzled. As here I believe we are discussing the Autumn Zodiac event.

I keep seeing you have a great city and how well it works but how is your event progressing.

If you want a Bragging thread I suggest you make one in General so everyone can admire your city and play style and you can then also give pointers on how to spend diamonds etc. :p

DeletedUser6046

But what has anything you said got to do with the current event, that is where I am puzzled. As here I believe we are discussing the Autumn Zodiac event.

I keep seeing you have a great city and how well it works but how is your event progressing.

If you want a Bragging thread I suggest you make one in General so everyone can admire your city and play style and you can then also give pointers on how to spend diamonds etc. :p

Thanks m4rt1n! :) Yes, I went off-topic and I 'll take no offence if the moderators delete my messages.

I'm happy with the event, I follow the same strategy as Pauly7. Use all my time reductions to progress through the quest and then try to get more time reductions from the chests. That is, I don't store the time reductions for later. This is quite different from the previous format where we had to plan all quests in advance. Now my strategy is to do as many quests as I can as fast as I can and not worry about spending the time boosters. So far got panda at lvl10 (because my T2 needs a boost) and the brown soon to be upgraded to lvl8. I'll probably bring the brown to lvl9 or 10, but I have the brown just for fun. The 2 stacks of units per day (if I see it right) from a lvl10 brown bear are not going to make a huge difference. I don't need the polar bear. The timewarp AW gives me the reduction of time between tourney rounds that I need. The portal profit from it would be nice but not essential at all. Just from this event so far I got 344% portal profits which are enough to upgrade the portal of chapter 15 to lvl4. Then I'll take my time to enjoy the chapter.

I forgot to add that the only purchase I made was for the +1 building. That may count as FOMO because I can see I didn't really need it. Still, I'll be happy with a higher level of the brown bear.

Last edited by a moderator:

m4rt1n

Adept
Thanks m4rt1n! :) Yes, I went off-topic and I 'll take no offence if the moderators delete my messages.

I'm happy with the event, I follow the same tactic as Pauly7 (if I spell his name right). Use all my time reductions to progress through the quest and then try to get more time reductions from the chests. That is, I don't store the time reductions for later. THis is quite different from the previous format where we had to plan all quests in advance. Now my strategy is to do as many quests I can as fast as I can and not worry about spending the time boosters. So far got panda at lvl10 (because my T2 needs a boost) and the brown soon to be upgraded to lvl8. I'll probably bring the brown to lvl9 or 10, but I have the brown just for fun. The 2 stacks of units per day (if I see it right) from a lvl10 brown bear are not going to make a huge difference. I don't need the polar bear. The timewarp AW gives me the reduction of time between tourney rounds that I need. The portal profit from it would be nice but not essential at all. Just from this event so far I got 344% portal profits which are enough to upgrade the portal to lvl4

Ok, so far using my time boosters I have a fully upgraded Brown and Panda, ignoring the polar as I also have Timewarp AW, but am currently stuck, hence my frustration earlier. (9 more and a second bears set is available)

85h scouts and 45/9 province quests out of tournament are an issue. The diamond spend was unintentional.

I have1500% portal profits in the bank since release, and wait to see what ch15 use they are if any. More spell fragments than I care to mention (50k) so will see where the game goes. :)

DeletedUser6046

Ok, so far using my time boosters I have a fully upgraded Brown and Panda, ignoring the polar as I also have Timewarp AW, but am currently stuck, hence my frustration earlier. (9 more and a second bears set is available)

85h scouts and 45/9 province quests out of tournament are an issue. The diamond spend was unintentional.

I have1500% portal profits in the bank since release, and wait to see what ch15 use they are if any. More spell fragments than I care to mention (50k) so will see where the game goes. :)

You are doing great then! I can see that with the second set of bears Inno is opening the door for a lot of frustration. Maybe that's why people feel FOMO.

DeletedUser8148

Is anyone else stuck with just getting solve encounter quests in their various guises?

Thats all I've had for 5-6 days now. My resources have been depleted. On average I've done 5 or more a day then hope at reset after completing a quest I will get something different. I missed over a week of the quest so would have been out of resources a lot earlier. Doesn't seem right to me. I know it says random quests but random solve encounter quests is not my interpretation.

DeletedUser9442

I am growing more and more frustrated. Being relatively new to the game I find it particularly annoying that I keep getting quests like...solve 9 encounters or 45 tournament encounters. I got this quest like 6 times in a row. I can't come up with enough troops or enough resources to fulfil those quests. My whole map consists of very hard provinces and right now there is just no way of getting on with the event. From my perspective this event is a total failure. And I guess I am done with it.

DeletedUser8148

I am growing more and more frustrated. Being relatively new to the game I find it particularly annoying that I keep getting quests like...solve 9 encounters or 45 tournament encounters. I got this quest like 6 times in a row. I can't come up with enough troops or enough resources to fulfil those quests. My whole map consists of very hard provinces and right now there is just no way of getting on with the event. From my perspective this event is a total failure. And I guess I am done with it.

So I am not the only one with this issue.

I contacted the devs and the only response I got was that the quests are totally "random". Seems to me that the quests are targeting where I am weak. My resources are depleted. I could do any of the other types of quests. I am done with the event too.

The older style quests were much more fun. Planning involved, create space for temporary buildings etc

DeletedUser9442

Definitely. Random should be random..not repetitive like that. I got an answer as well but not satisfactory. I clearly explained the problem and all I got was an "we are sorry to hear you have a problem"...very helpful indeed.

Killiak

Artisan
@WhiteflameArgus @enchantedmorts

The very sad fact is that this event is, considering your difficulties, doing exactly what Inno wanted. It is a slow slog, giving you hard quests, and therefor it is reducing the amount of rewards you are getting. Controlling the number of rewards is the goal here, and the statistics will show this.

What the statistics will not show, however, is the absolute disparagement it brings upon the game, which will just lead to people not playing the event(s) or just quitting altogether.

Timneh

Artisan
What the statistics will not show, however, is the absolute disparagement it brings upon the game, which will just lead to people not playing the event(s) or just quitting altogether.

That is just what i am going to do. I am looking to reach the end of the current chapter i'm doing and then i might just quit the game and any more events that we get while i am doing the chapter are going to be ignored. The game is now not the same as when i joined and it is not fun anymore for me. The devs just seem to be killing it.

DeletedUser8409

I think some people complaining are taking for granted just how far they've gotten in this event already!

You can't expect to get an infinite supply of keys that's not realistic. The 9 encounter/45 tournament encounters quest is DESIGNED to be very hard it's not meant to be a total doddle.

Not only that but you only get that quest AFTER you have completed the prior sets of quests that give the same rewards as it was possible to get under the old sequential series and daily prizes.

Everything you complete now is an optional bonus on top of the sequence essentially. If you stop now then having done some of these you're already better off.

DeletedUser8148

I am not complaining either that one particular quest is hard. It is just the same quest over and over again. Thats is not "random".
I don't expect an easy run, endless keys and getting all rewards. However, with planning and putting time in or using my speed time up bonuses I expect to get some rewards and have some fun! With the endless turnover of the same quests I am getting neither.

DeletedUser8409

I am not complaining that there are quests such as 9 encounter/45 tournament. But I AM complaining getting that same quest 6 times in a row!!!
That is a fair point but it is weighted to give the hardest quests most often and that's one of the hardest. It's there to be a challenge, same as scout.

DeletedUser8409

I am not complaining either that one particular quest is hard. It is just the same quest over and over again. Thats is not "random".
I don't expect an easy run, endless keys and getting all rewards. However, with planning and putting time in or using my speed time up bonuses I expect to get some rewards and have some fun! With the endless turnover of the same quests I am getting neither.
If you have reached the 9/45 quest you have already won all the prizes you would have won under the old system.

DeletedUser8148

I have not reached 9/45. I am continually getting the smaller one with the odd relic quest thrown in. I don't think I am passed the 3rd reward collection. My resources have been ravaged which has not happened before. I have nowhere near the same rewards the previous version of this event. And the entertainment value is zero.

DeletedUser8409

There's still 11 days to go, hope it gets better for you and you can reach that before the end!

DeletedUser6046

I also got at least 5 times gain 11 relics yesterday. Outside tourney, this is very very hard. Am I frustrated? Yes and no... Yes, the overachiever in me may want to get 6 bears at lvl10 and double my tourney/spire results overnight. Instead, I set a goal to get two bears which will be a nice addition to my city and make it slightly stronger. Then there will be a new event with which I can strengthen my city further and so on... I never expect in this game to make the most powerful city on the server after a single event. It's slow incremental work.

Pauly7

Magus
You can't expect to get an infinite supply of keys that's not realistic. The 9 encounter/45 tournament encounters quest is DESIGNED to be very hard it's not meant to be a total doddle.
This is very true. I think, however, the developers have got this event wrong in most ways that they could have done. I think that one bear and one bear only should have been available to each player as a prize. It would have actually been interesting to see the fact that people would have chosen different ones. It also places people on a level playing field.

Inno has risked the entire balance of the game and they have risked alienating 95% of their users, purely for the sake of an extra cash grab. Tough time-consuming quests, coupled with unlimited quests and grand prizes means that they can milk the biggest spenders as much as they choose. For everyone else they just hate it, as they have this one.

Some people manage to tightrope across the space in between and find inventive ways to win without spending a lot of money, but none of them like it.

Whatever people's ideas are for the best formula I think that there is no one that thinks this is the best way. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I'm not then that means a zero percent approval rating. That's dire and no way to run a game. In the long run it will absolutely kill it. I can't understand why the investors or the developers can't see that.

Personally I don't even mind quests that take ages and a lack of entertainment. The problem is endless quests. I think that is the root of everything that will go wrong for Elvenar.