• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Autumn Zodiac

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss the Autumn Zodiac event. We're looking forward to your feedback!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

DeletedUser8409

What are you doing about the fact that players who sold regular Workshops and built half as many premium Workshops in their place are disadvantaged compared to the players who have kept twice as many regular workshops instead?

I sold 6 regular workshops and replaced them with 3 premium workshops because that was supposed to be better and kept the same output. But now I'm faced with tasks like "produce 5 toolboxes" that could have been done on my 6 regular workshops but can't be done on my 3 premium ones. Punishing players who have spent premium currency in order to cope with half as many buildings is a bizarre way to treat customers.

Can I please get a refund on my premium workshops please @Muf-Muf or @Dizzy Lizzie and my old regular restored? I would be better off with my old 6 regular workshops now than I am with my 3 premium workshops I spent many thousands of diamonds on purchasing specifically to replace them.

DeletedUser

What are you doing about the fact that players who sold regular Workshops and built half as many premium Workshops

Nothing yet... Below reply from Beta

Since the numbers of required productions are lowered considerably, so far they shouldn't pose too many problems, except perhaps for a handful of players who only have 1 or 2 (Magic) Workshops. We will continue to monitor the data on Live though and will adjust things when these quests do turn out to become too blocking :)

DeletedUser8409

Nothing yet... Below reply from Beta
So I'd be better off having 6 regular workshops than 3 premium ones? What did I spend many thousands of premium currency on then? How is that a premium?

And it will take weeks to get regular workshops [and associated residences] back. I'm being seriously disadvantaged for having spent premium currency. That should entitle us to a refund of the diamonds and a restoration so we aren't disadvantaged at least.

Timneh

Artisan
Basically this event is a kick in the teeth to all players that have bought (with real money) premium workshops.
I will again ask the question that i asked on the beta thread (but got no answer as normal). How does reducing the number of required items in this event remove the disadvantage that players with premium workshops have ? Lets say a player has six normal workshops and another player has 3 premium workshops, they both get a quest to produce toolbox 5 times. The player with normal workshops will complete the quest in 1 day but for the player with only premium workshops it will take 2 days. Either i am missing something or the devs have got a screw loose if they think that is fair.

DeletedUser7081

Dear Humans and Elves,
We're looking forward to your feedback!

There has been enough feedback on the event so I sincerely doubt you are looking forward to it.

But here is some:

You have managed to ruin the event for anyone who owns a MW and is at higher chapter in the game (as they need less t1 manus).

Please consider re-evaluating current event mechanics - either revert to how it was before the mermaid event or disable the WS and T1 requirement (limiting the number of main prizes one can get).

Thank you.

DeletedUser8409

Basically this event is a kick in the teeth to all players that have bought (with real money) premium workshops.
I will again ask the question that i asked on the beta thread (but got no answer as normal). How does reducing the number of required items in this event remove the disadvantage that players with premium workshops have ? Lets say a player has six normal workshops and another player has 3 premium workshops, they both get a quest to produce toolbox 5 times. The player with normal workshops will complete the quest in 1 day but for the player with only premium workshops it will take 2 days. Either i am missing something or the devs have got a screw loose if they think that is fair.
Exactly.

I'm genuinely shocked and appalled that such a flagrant disregard for premium players has actually made it to Live. Its like they didn't see past the idea that players will all have the same number of workshops and manufactories fully developed when of course that is not the case! Even @Dizzy Lizzie confirmed in her reply to me it is known premium workshop players have fewer workshops but seems to struggle to understand why that makes the event harder for premium players.

There are 4 very simple fixes available I can see.

1: Count all premium workshops as 2 workshops [since that's what they were sold to us as]
2: Refund players for their premiums and replace with double the number of regulars.
3: Abolish all Toolbox etc quests and count supplies output only [eg instead of demanding 5xToolboxes, demand 5x Toolbox worth of supplies which premium workshops will complete quicker]
4: Forget this whole system and go back to level 1 workshops.

Otherwise fiddling with numbers of toolboxes required is a sticking plaster at best that rewards players who never spent diamonds on workshops. I see no way its fair my 3 premium workshops are at a disadvantage to a player with 6 regular workshops which output the same but had no diamonds spent on them.

I never spent diamonds intending to be at a disadvantage and requiring two whole days to a toolbox quest I could have done in one day had I not spent diamonds. :mad::mad::mad:

Its not like this is a shock either, this was brought to attention to developers in the Beta forum and to @Dizzy Lizzie in this forum and we're just getting ignored for how and why we spent diamonds and are being made worse off for spending diamonds.

DeletedUser8632

We're looking forward to your feedback!

Really?

Ok. Here it goes: The event is great, it is exactly as it should be. It doesn't need tweaking or - god forbid - "adjustments". The last one was also fantastic. I wouldn't mind if you change it back to how it was. Different size of Level 1 factories, you say? Never mind that, small issues, we all can learn to live with a little imbalance, haha. Spice of life, right?

Just, please, don't make anymore "improvements".

DeletedUser

Edited some typos
Having been back for a bit now and experiencing these new event mechanics and the reasons behind it, I seriously doubt the Devs know the KISS principle.

- Something was wrong with winning 6+ main prizes -
You made it unlimited yourself, so I understand that this was not your goal. But why is it so hard to just limit the amount of main prizes one can win? Let them play on, but just cut out more main prizes. In the old days we could win only one of each of the main prizes to begin with.

- What was wrong with the list of 100 quests, even if they are known? -
If throwing in the random aspect is a thing, just shuffle the 100 quests on list and be done, it's fair as we then all have the equal amount of quests. Or even make a longer list, but make it the same for all. Easy to calculate, low risk on mistakes in coding and fairness fulfilled.

- What was wrong with the level 1 buildings? -
NOTHING was wrong with them, the thing that was wrong is that a chapter 1 player got the same amounts to produce as a chapter 14 player. Up the demands with the chapters so high level players get a better challenge or at least it will level the playing field.

It was sooooo easy to tackle these problems, but noooo it all has to be hard and confusing, and no player understands why.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8632

It was sooooo easy to tackle these problems, but noooo it all has to be hard and confusing, and no player understands why.

Funny you should mention that. Here is a quote from a "101 for Investment Capital into technology companies"
"Red Flags to be aware in software development companies:
1. The company shows a distinct inability to estimate timelines, roadmaps, resources and costs
2. The sales people / CR managers are not able to explain what exactly the software is doing in a given situation
"

Tiriake

Soothsayer
I'm really glad that I never wasted real money in order to get magic workshops. basically with this "improvement" they have made magic workshops into something that will actually hurt you.
Anyway I predict that this will be the first event that I'm unable to participate fully. That said I stopped doing quests in previous event like 5 days to spare after doing a lot of quests, because there really didn't seem to have any point to continue.

DeletedUser8160

I have also struggled with the reasons why I have 6 magic workshops, rather than having upgraded basics. I was sold these magic ones as something which would greatly help me. In fact they have been a millstone around my neck and are still as I paid for them many months ago. The way to upgrade them them has been unattainable, some small blue looking stamp thing won in quests (?). Well unfortunately my fellowship has never been able to open all the chests and therefore we are at a severe disadvantage. Surely there must be some other way of attaining these stamp things? As with everyone else commenting here, there is a familiar pattern coming from Elvinar staff on the front line. It is one of "all care but no responsibility". We are replied to from a standard list of answers, where I have asked repeatedly, that the person uses his/her own initiative and answer to provide a solution to the enquiry and not to be "fobbed off". If there are cyborgs operating now, I think Elvinar uses them.

DeletedUser1874

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss the Autumn Zodiac event. We're looking forward to your feedback!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team
Punishing players for buying magic workshop whilst having community managers pretending to not understand that we bought magic workshops to have less workshops, and having less workshops means less collections, and you're looking forward to our feedback? I feel like I'm being taunted. I really do. Especially given the fact that ample feedback was given by a large number of players who bought magic workshops, all basically saying the same thing, and the answers we received were either ignored or answered in such a way that it sounded like an out-of-season April fools', like in the post I linked.
Threads expressing detailed concerns about the direction the game is taking such as this one were also ignored, so this request for feedback feels more like an automated thing a reddit bot would post to be completely honest.

Timneh

Artisan
First of all, please note that as this thread's purpose is to discuss what is happening on BETA it is not always possible to answer the questions raised since it is not yet live on our server. New features, events, challenges etc. happen on BETA first and are often modified before they reach us here so any answers given would be inaccurate and irrelevant.

As the event has now been announced on live can we now get some answers to the concerns and questions brought up in the news from beta thread ? as the answers would now not be inaccurate and irrelevant.

DeletedUser8409

Seriously @Muf-Muf or @Dizzy Lizzie can we please get a reply on the Premium Workshops issue? How is it fair that a player like myself that sold 6 regular workshops and purchased 3 premium workshops for thousands of diamonds has to spend 2 days working on Toolboxes while a player with the same supply output on regular workshops can do it in one?

Given you know full well that players who have paid for premium workshops have fewer workshops but are being expected to do the same number of Toolboxes as players who haven't and have more, how is that fair or reasonable? Simply reducing toolbox requirements across the board doesn't resolve this issue as wherever you set the threshold it is still easier for those with more regular workshops.

Considering it takes 300 hours to produce new regular workshops even that's not a solution, not that its reasonable to expect us to do that either..

There's been many, many pages of it without an acknowledgement or a reply in the Beta thread now. I am extraordinarily frustrated not to even get a reply or acknowledgement considering I spent my diamonds to have fewer workshops not expecting to be punished for that.