• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Spire of Eternity

C-Nymph

Necromancer
You can see how many goods you have from inside the spire by hovering over the goods once you click on the chest.
Heh, I hadn't noticed that (obviously :p). Thanks!

However, I would prefer the goods overview as it's available in the rest of the game, because you can see all your goods in one glance and not just the balance of 1 good. But I guess any option to view the goods is better than no option ;)

DeletedUser3548

Dear game makers!

You have to make spire of eternity better because right now it is totally unfair for players - from the moment they must survive two battle waves.
Please tell me what point is to sacrifice my troops, when I have to face two waves, which needs totally different troops? In situation like this it is impossible to win second wave - because 1. the opponent has always bigger numbers (player has max five units only, while opponent has 5+5) 2. For second wave I need different troops but I can't make any changes after first wave... And when I decide negotiate, it looks more like gambling, than game to me.
To be stright: even province battles are much-much easyer, than two wave battles in spire.
Therefor I decided not to enter spire anymore - when I have to deal with two waves - and use my resources in places like province battles and tournaments. I bet I am not the only one, who thinks that way.

With best wishes
strider-lauri

m4rt1n

Adept
Dear game makers!

You have to make spire of eternity better because right now it is totally unfair for players - from the moment they must survive two battle waves.
Please tell me what point is to sacrifice my troops, when I have to face two waves, which needs totally different troops? In situation like this it is impossible to win second wave - because 1. the opponent has always bigger numbers (player has max five units only, while opponent has 5+5) 2. For second wave I need different troops but I can't make any changes after first wave... And when I decide negotiate, it looks more like gambling, than game to me.
To be stright: even province battles are much-much easyer, than two wave battles in spire.
Therefor I decided not to enter spire anymore - when I have to deal with two waves - and use my resources in places like province battles and tournaments. I bet I am not the only one, who thinks that way.

With best wishes
strider-lauri

I have to agree, and if they lowered the squad sizes it would make it much more appealing to me.
I enjoy the challenge of manual fighting, but squad sizes 3 and 4 times my normal make small losses huge.

valle

Soothsayer
Dear game makers!

With best wishes
strider-lauri

The trick is to not fight in multi level battles that require different types of troops for every wave. If people fight those battles I understand that you lose wasrt amount of troops, learn when to fight and when to use goods.

valle

Soothsayer
How would that translate for somebody who is for example in Fairies or Orcs. Doable?

Edit: Not the ranking of course, just the general approach

I've done the same also in earlier chapters and it has worked well. Having max squad size is especially good in lower chapters as the shorter scouting times means you will fight on the map a lot more than later when scouting take days. And map fights are much easier with max squad size.

DeletedUser3548

The trick is to not fight in multi level battles that require different types of troops for every wave. If people fight those battles I understand that you lose wasrt amount of troops, learn when to fight and when to use goods.

Like I said: there is also no point to negotiate, when it's more gambling than matter of intelligence...

Killiak

Artisan
Like I said: there is also no point to negotiate, when it's more gambling than matter of intelligence...

Indeed, the entire exercise is rather crappy.
And the fighting is extremely expensive, whereas the rewards are so-so. Only the set matters, really.

Once I get the full set, I will abandon the spire, untill Inno fixes their failure.

DeletedUser4149

i find the negotiations in the spire actually make negotiating fun because they're a gamble.
there isn't ANY intelligence required when negotiations just ask for 20k marble and 15k elixers.
i still prefer combat but i agree w/ valle (above) that there's a time for each.
i find that the multiple waves of combat and the larger squads require more thought than most tournament encounters where finishing encounters quickly is usually more of a priority than saving troops.
but i won't argue w/ anyone that the costs vs. rewards needs to be improved.

valle

Soothsayer

Many things in this game is a gamble. Like opening chests in events, getting things from wishing wells and so on.

Compared to catering in tournaments, negotiations in the spire ain't that expensive. In tournament catering costs can amount to very high amount of goods when opening a lot of provinces. The problem for me is diamonds for extra turns, so instead of paying 25 for a new try I start over again. Exception is when rewards are like 50% for 50 diamond, then I buy if I'm pretty sure it will be enough with one extra turn.

I also start a new negotiation when the result of the first round looks like it's not going to be done without spending diamonds. That at least takes a bit (not much) of skill as you have to learn when to stop early.

Duru Beibella

Alchemist
I'm finding the 2nd spire almost impossible !!! And I've got my AWs pretty well up in levels - I've had to stop simply because of cost of troops, resources. So I doubt I'll be doing any other spires.

The tournaments, (now) spires, fellowship adventures are coming just too thick and fast IMHO - this is supposed to be a GAME, NOT a job ?"?!@!?

DeletedUser4149

Wholeheartedly agree .... it's a game, NOT a job !!
better to have too much to do here than too little.
the answer to your problem is simple-
skip the spire
find a fellowship that doesn't drive everyone nuts during adventures w/ their desire to over achieve and their spread sheets
and do as much as you want to in events, challenges, and tournaments
i think they are more likely to lose players if there isn't enough to do

Duru Beibella

Alchemist
better to have too much to do here than too little.
the answer to your problem is simple-
skip the spire
find a fellowship that doesn't drive everyone nuts during adventures w/ their desire to over achieve and their spread sheets
and do as much as you want to in events, challenges, and tournaments
i think they are more likely to lose players if there isn't enough to do
oh I'm in a great FS - we try the spread sheet but it doesn't always help and we never ask too much of anyone.... as for the spire - well I agree pppfffttttt to that .... onwards and upwards

FieryArien

Necromancer
Spire is with us for the third time, I think. I established my routine and I guess I can sum my feedback. Without all the emotions that messed up my initial reaction.
  • Still loving the 21 hours production time on the set.
  • Still thinking level 2 and especially 3 are insane. I’m not doing either of them.
  • The “RNG rules them all” approach pisses me off. However, the cost of the first level of Spire (with or without the final section) is more or less acceptable even in this setup.
  • The fact that we have a chance to complete the set or even win the Genie building just by trying for the mystery chests in the first level of Spire is really nice. The chance is low I’m sure, but it makes playing Spire tempting.
Overall I find Spire a nice addition to the game. It is not invasive (a player can ignore it altogether if they want); it has one level playable by more or less everyone; it has more levels for hardcore players and even for diamond players; a player doesn’t need to spend diamonds to play it (talking about the first level). And did I mention graphics? With Elvenar it kind of goes without saying, but I don’t want the graphic dept. to feel under appreciated, so here is is: graphics is beautiful. Especially the Library and Endless Scrolls set buildings looks gorgeous.

DeletedUser3671

Well, this must be a bug or what @Dizzy Lizzie or is it possible to win more than one set ?

In my Halflings city i have today won 2 Moonstone Library.

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
Information from beta says that there has been a 20% reduction in squad sizes for both sides (as i have already said) and in the last update notes it said convincing costs would be reduced by between 20% and 50%. I don't know if these changes are already applied to the live server version or not. Maybe one of the CMs could answer that for us and actually make a contribution to this thread.
Sorry, had missed this post until now.

These new numbers were already part of the initial release of the Spire of Eternity on our Live worlds, and therefore the old values were never on EN (but only on Beta), and thus were not communicated as changes here.

So to answer your question: Yes, these lowered values (compared to the old, initial values from Beta) are definitely on EN already, and have been for all of the Spires. :)