• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

push accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser8532

this has not been mentioned for a while and its a shame that this has to be my 1st post here but i was wondering what you all think of the players using push accounts?

its obvious its still going on and players are not even trying to hide the fact they cheat anymore so i wonder has it just become an acceptable part of the game or do you think its wrong? now before a "mod" tells me to report this to support,i allready have,several times listing players and there push accounts but never any action has been taken. it was said here (by a mod) that everything you do in elvenar is recorded,every trade,every visit etc so that would suggest that inno know and ignore it.

your thoughts on this would be interesting. many thanks

Killiak

Artisan
Well, pushers are simply cheaters. They deserve to have their account banned.

There are a few problems though;
- A lot of the cheaters are diamond players
- By the current interpretation of the rules, as long as push accounts advance a little / grow a little, they are allowed. Or rather; they can't really be fingered as pusher accounts.
- Support just doesn't have a whole lot of tools to identify cheaters. Which is odd, because Inno tracks a whole lot of data

That said, this topic comes up every now and then. The conclusion tends to be that pretty much nothing is done, so all we have in the end is a slightly better feeling because we got to rant on the forum about them damn cheaters.

DeletedUser3571

They have said in the past that they will never tell anyone else about any actions taken, and most of the actions they could take you would see no sign off. So its impossible to know if they do anything about it (i doubt they do much)
But you asked for my opinion on pushers, which is i don't like them as they can level wonders so much faster and get the boosts from them which makes it harder to get the top slots in tournaments (which i like to go for occasionally).

DeletedUser4149

they ruin neighborhoods by filling them w/ half dead cities.
they ruin people's chance for tournament rankings and overall rankings.
but i blame Inno's policy of ignoring them more than the players who use them. this is so common now that people are going to feel like they're at a disadvantage if they don't use them.
maybe they should limit the amount of kp a city can spend on another player's wonder.

DeletedUser3571

that might stop some, but i knew someone who stopped playing as he got tired of running 20-30 push accounts giving each wonder a small amount from each.
So more likely to start more push accounts and leave more bad neighbours
it would also affect the rule abiding people, I've invested over 200kp in one wonder through endless chain swaps.

Timneh

Artisan
They have said in the past that they will never tell anyone else about any actions taken, and most of the actions they could take you would see no sign off. So its impossible to know if they do anything about it (i doubt they do much)

Not impossible when you talk to the player (off the forum) and they tell you that INNO did not even send them a message. They heard nothing and no actions were taken against them by INNO.

DeletedUser1874

Inno's policies on push accounts are so lax cheaters don't even bother to hide themselves. I've seen countless players with their main city named, say, "Diamond City", with its wonders pushed by "DiamondCity1", "DiamondCity2", "DiamondCity3", and so on. Which is absolutely appalling, and I'd perma-ban every single one of them (what use is a temporary ban, even assuming they occur, given the huge permanent advantage such players get?), diamond buyers or not; but I don't run the company so all I can do is rant.

DeletedUser8532

thanks everyone for your comments :)

i was worried i might be seen as bitter/jealous as im ranked in the top 10 but just cant catch these players without cheating myself,which i would never do. while i have no desire to be the ranked 1 player,my problem is with the huge boosts these players get for tournaments (which some of you have mentioned)
now again i hardly ever score points in the tourney,my f/s work together and get 10 chests every week,but some of our members do try to gain ranking points and it puts them at a huge disadvantage against these cheats.

i actually wouldnt ban the cheaters!! i think resetting ALL there a/w to level 1 would be better,there citys wouldnt function,they would lose points,there boosts and have to start all over again. now yes they could cheat again but would they knowing that there a/w would be reset!? haha if only...

DeletedUser8532

they ruin neighborhoods by filling them w/ half dead cities.
they ruin people's chance for tournament rankings and overall rankings.
but i blame Inno's policy of ignoring them more than the players who use them. this is so common now that people are going to feel like they're at a disadvantage if they don't use them.
maybe they should limit the amount of kp a city can spend on another player's wonder.
it used to be you had to have your own a/w before you could donate kp but none of the push acc ive seen have a/w of there own!

DeletedUser8632

Wait... what are push accounts? How do you donate to your own AWs if your other 2 cities are in a different realm?

DeletedUser4149

apophis73 i thought people always just had to unlock the ability to build an abyss and tome to start donating.
tesla333 they use multiple email accounts to create several cities in the same world. it's obvious that an account is a push account when they don't have 1 wonder yet donate 100s of kp to a city that has tons of super high level wonders.

Inno created the problem when they allowed players to have 2 villages on the same server
i think they created the problem when they decided not to enforce their own policy. what's the point of a rule or law when it's not enforced?

i actually wouldnt ban the cheaters!! i think resetting ALL there a/w to level 1 would be better,there citys wouldnt function,they would lose points,there boosts and have to start all over again. now yes they could cheat again but would they knowing that there a/w would be reset!? haha if only.
yeah, that's a great idea. too bad it involves having guts that Inno doesn't have.

DeletedUser8632

tesla333 they use multiple email accounts to create several cities in the same world. it's obvious that an account is a push account when they don't have 1 wonder yet donate 100s of kp to a city that has tons of super high level wonders.

This is the saddest thing I have read in this forum in a long long while :)

DeletedUser4149

This is the saddest thing I have read in this forum in a long long while :)
it is:(.
this was my response to the boosted T1 situation in the latest event but i think it can apply to this issue too.
i think they might listen this time. we can either accept the unfair situation or we can all show overwhelming support for a desire to change this. they do listen to feedback for a reason. if people want this to change, don't be complacent. like every post on this subject to show your support, like the posts on this thread, the one called"change boosted T1 to any T1" on the suggestions section, and also the very 1st post on the summer mermaids topic. things don't change by standing around w/ our hands in our pockets.

DeletedUser4149

what might be sadder is that there are a few fellowships that are full of cities that don't intend on growing themselves but are willing to accept new players into their dysfunctional fellowship, robbing the new player of a more fun gaming experience.

Pauly7

Magus
I find thinking about this issue again just quite draining. If Inno didn't make a rule then it wouldn't be so bad. We always see people milking any system and sidestepping normal boundaries in order to give themselves what they see as a personal victory. I just laugh them off.

The thing is though, there is a rule and so it bothers me that it doesn't matter when people ignore it. I have the same feelings in the workplace when people don't follow stated directions.

It is clear that Inno is in no way bothered about people breaking this rule. I expect there is a correlation between the people willing to go to any lengths to get (what they perceive as) ahead and with people who are willing to spend a lot of money on the game.

After all this time we know that the devs have no intention of breaking any short term revenue streams even if it makes the game better in the long run.

DeletedUser8921

I am most bothered by the fellowships that use the equivalent of push accounts to "compete" in FAs. In the last FA my fellowship was competing against a fellowship that had half its membership consisting of accounts with all the same name except the last character was ascending numbers. Yes, whoever was running all those accounts had to complete the badge actions, but it still seems unfair that a whole group of people working hard has the same effect as one player running multiple accounts.

m4rt1n

Adept
Every game has the cheaters that like to advance faster than anyone else, if those said cheaters spend a little money now and again, from experience with modding for a big online game site in the past, a big blind eye is turned, so I see things being no different here in my opinion sadly.

As a mod for the said site, we had tools as a mod, but no game info was passed from the company, just general info and replies, and we could not ban accounts ingame, just pass on "proof" a player was cheating to the game admins, and answer general questions, etc.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
It's a pity you're not allowed (or so I read somewhere) to share other player's info here on the forum, otherwise I wouldn't mind naming and shaming all the cheaters of the game here in this thread, with printscreens for proof :p

Status
Not open for further replies.