• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Spire of Eternity

DeletedUser8409

I am enjoying it so far. The catering minigame is fun [I liked Mastermind] and I've been able to figure it out by round 3 a couple of times so far even with 5 goods and just 3 rounds.

The rewards are better than I expected. Won a fair amount of time and 8 CCs so far today, I can only craft 6 CCs per day in Academy so that was nice. Useful timing with event as I'm stuck on a Vapor quest and I had no CCs so this was perfect.

The squadsizes for fights are massive, even on Map 1 an individual battle is equivalent to 3* Province 30 in SS and difficulty. However given the limited number of fights and that its only one fight not 4 per 'encounter' its easier to manually fight.

I like too with catering how I can use resources I normally have not much use for. Coins, supplies, orcs, sentient - these normally are wasted as I have nothing much to use them with so being able to cater with these is better than having to cater with manufactory goods all the time like in tournament.

All in all a balanced thumbs-up from me. Fun new feature thanks.

Pauly7

Magus
The set buildings look nice. There is one in particular that I want, but it seems there is no way to really win it aside from having exceptional luck. If you fight/negotiate your way up there then it still only gives you a 5% chance of winning it. So what does this mean? Will we have to play through the whole spire on 20 different occasions just to get hold of the building that we'd like? Even then the laws of probability would say that you probably still wouldn't have the whole set, if that's your thing. If this is still going in 20 weeks I very much doubt they will be offering those same buildings. Even if they do it will be met with a whole different frustration.

DeletedUser3671

Hmm, why is it that fighters get a gift to help them in the Spire and us, which caters can just, you know (put in your own 4-letter words) ?

Deleted User - 384643

First impression of the Spire: looks like a fun additional feature to the game, but the balance between difficulty & reward needs a bit more tweaking.

Julian

Sorcerer
Does anyone know whether doing the optional squad-size upgrade researches affect the fights in the Spire? I don't do them because I only cater the world map, and I've heard they make fights in the tournament more difficult.

DeletedUser3571

Thank you for the free Dwarven armourer you sent in email:) ( :(even if this will anger people who don't get emails:().
Also in the email it said to enjoy the new tower quest line,:confused: what is this quest line???????

Hekata

Artisan
Hmm, why is it that fighters get a gift to help them in the Spire and us, which caters can just, you know (put in your own 4-letter words) ?

I've been asking myself the same question. To me it feels like the whole game is set to advantage the fighters. I was never interested in fighting but I can't go on on catering alone anymore, the costs of the tournies and provinces have drastically increased. I used to be able to get 3000 points week after week no problem, now if I do 1800-2000 points 2 weeks in a row my goods drop drastically. I'm in the middle of adapting my city so I can fight more even if it's something I still don't like :(

DeletedUser3671

I've been asking myself the same question. To me it feels like the whole game is set to advantage the fighters. I was never interested in fighting but I can't go on on catering alone anymore, the costs of the tournies and provinces have drastically increased. I used to be able to get 3000 points week after week no problem, now if I do 1800-2000 points 2 weeks in a row my goods drop drastically. I'm in the middle of adapting my city so I can fight more even if it's something I still don't like :(
I know how you feel.

I though also know that it's still possible to cater. Otherwise i would stop playing.

One city in Constructs. Maxed out T1 + T2. T3 is only level 24. Another in Halflings, not researched upgrades yet, so still maxed from S&D. All T's. I will say it's A LOT easier for me to make 10 provinces, 5 rounds in my Halflings city. I complained when i entered Amuni with my first city. It got way more expensive catering. But now it's working since i got all T1 + T2 maxed. Though, i can still do almost double in my Halflings city for the same amount of goods as in my Constructs city.

For it to work not doing just one fight, you would need to have 7 T1's and 7 T2's. You can do with 6 T3's. You need only 5 Workshops. Mine are not maxed. Level 28. Only 2 armories are needed to produce the Orc's needed for negotiation and catering. You though need to run mostly 3-hour production during day and 9-hour during night. I run it 4/1. Then of course i have a Mountain Halls at level 21 and ETC at 11. They give a very good boost. And then a level 10 Storm Phoenix. I use him one or two days a week. But i then feed him for the whole day, starting in the morning and then every time the next feed after he lost his effect :)

So that setup gives me easily 2100 points every week. If you're in a good FS working on getting 10th chest, that's more than enough :)

DeletedUser6357

Thank you for the free Dwarven armourer you sent in email
I want too.
This is the only building with real and meaningful use.
The bad thing is that it is only valid for 5 days.
Which, compared to other buildings, would mean that it is given much more often.

m4rt1n

Adept
The squad sizes are far too big even for a veteran fighter like myself. I cannot train that many troops for a double fight. I took a huge loss of troops on the second one and now have to start over training, leaving me nothing for the tournament.
Why are the squad sizes made so big, to wipe you out completely making your game no fun anymore.
The negotiations are all but impossible also and come down to a random guess more often than not on the third attempt.
This just makes my game make me feel sad. :(

DeletedUser3671

What's not fair, is that no matter what size our city is, it's the exact same prize we can "win".

My Halflings, first chest costs almost half the prize of my Constructs city - and i get the same prizes for it ??

EDIT: It's actually more than double in Constructs than in Halflings.

DeletedUser3671

Well, had to try the Spire just once. It's a complete rip off. I did it in my Halflings city: I got the first 3 chests where there's only three items to give the vultures. The 4th didn't work. There's 4 things to chose from.

And here's the catch; If you don't succeed and don't want to pay 25 diamonds - WHATEVER progress you have made is lost because it's resetting :-O Then it's all over again with that chest.

DeletedUser7105

What a total waste! The 1st few chests were somewhat reasonable. After that, all I got accomplished was killing troops and wasting resources for prizes that were not worth the price. Stay away after the 1st 2 or 3 chests or so!

Pauly7

Magus
Well, to show willing I've played through about the first 3 or 4 levels today. The only saving grace was winning about 25 or so Combining Catalysts, which is nice I guess, but in the process I've totalled all my goods and troops. The only other things really worth winning were some time instants and I spent most of them opening those glowing doors that make you otherwise wait, plus a small handful of diamonds which I spent having extra tries at the negotiation game. I realise I didn't have to use up either of those, but I just wanted to play through enough of it to give my assessment today.

I'm not going to be clicking on it again. The draw of an occasional 5% chance of winning a building that I would kind of like is not worth what it takes to be put into a lottery.

Sir Derf

Adept
I have so far managed to make it all the way through the first level of the Spire.

I negotiated the final chest. It had 6 resources to choose from. I strategically/luckily managed it in the three tries. So, question for everyone, including Beta people; what's the max number of resources that could be chosen between?

Coins, Supplies, 3 T1, 3T2, 3T3, Orcs, my wife said she saw Mana, and I'll guess eventually Seeds, so I think there could be 14 possible, but what's the max in a negotiation session?

Sir Derf

Adept
Question about the negotiation game.

I selected coins for all five ghosts. One was apparently correct, as it gave no message and had a green check mark. The other four it was apparently not correct, as each gave a message - "Nobody needs it." it's a little disconcerting, from my memories of playing Mastermind. I was expecting the other four to say "Wrong person", as while they didn't want coins, there is/was someone who did. Thinking about it, however, this does give a little more information.

It'll just take a little getting used to.
On further reflection, this is slightly more helpful behavior than how I remember playing Mastermind in my youth.

Picture this:
The ghosts want coins, supplies, marble, marble, marble.
You offer coins, coins, steel, steel, steel.

My Mastermind implementation, which does the analysis in a single pass, would tell you Correct, Someone, Nobody, Nobody, Nobody; the second ghost's "Someone", caused by the first ghost's desire, spills over to potentially implicate ghosts 3, 4 and 5 as also wanting Coins.

The Elvenar implementation does the analysis in two passes, first determining all the Correct guesses, and then analyzing the remaining offers based on the remaining ghosts, thus telling you Correct, Nobody, Nobody, Nobody, Nobody. Having removed the first ghost's desire from the second pass of analysis, the second ghost's "Nobody" now clears ghosts 3, 4 and 5 from the possibility of also wanting Coins.

DeletedUser8632

Picture this:
You offer coins, coins, steel, steel, steel.

Picture this:
You offer coins, marble, steel, steel, steel.

What does the second ghost say?

Fyrebird

Spellcaster
I'm normally a positive player, open to new events, but cannot say good things about the spire. Finished a few chests out of curiosity and FOMO. Curiosity killed the cat. Waste of time and resources, will not be wasting more. Used up troops that would have a better ROI in tournaments. I feel INNO has latched on to an easy money making idea with the least amount of effort they need to invest... 0/10 for originality.