• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Summer Mermaids

• Thread starter DeletedUser3097
  • Start date

Pauly7

Magus
I haven't recorded any, but my most recent run through I think I got the first 7 as you say. I then got the three long ones (7 x 1 day, 5 x 2 day, 4 x 1 day), but they had other quests interspersed between them... I'm pretty sure that's how it went down.

Hekata

Artisan
@Elivar I've been on 64 corals in 2 cities for a very long time now and I can confirm the order of quests. About the probability to get one or the other from the 2 options I mostly agree except on a couple: I think I have gotten 900 spell fragments more than 6 spells (or at lest as many times). And the 2 provinces seem to come just as often as the 40 kps if not more (but that might be subjective as it's the worst quest for me, I had lots of provinces scouted before the event and it wasn't enough so now it's either wait it out - 40 hours x2 - or spend endless boosters)

LazyTony

Sorcerer
I was quite disappointed to find that Pet Food doesn't count as an enchantment item. I say this because it appears in the enchantments menu and yet they do not count towards the "gain 6 enchantment items" quest.

Its not that its pet food per se that doesn't count Pauly - all crafted enchantments do not count as "gaining an enchantment", PoP, MM etc don't count either if they are crafted. At least that is how the quest worked last event. Obviously I would never waste CC normally on crafting spells, but when I tried to craft a spell to complete a quest it didn't work. I did mention it in the feedback thread thread for the event, but never got an answer from a Mod.

Pauly7

Magus
Hmm, I have a vague memory of this being mentioned now, @LazyTony. It still seems like a bit of a glitch to me... just one that hasn't been addressed. I'm pretty sure that crafting relics works for the gain relics quests... or am I wrong there?

The quests don't stipulate that you should gain something in a particular way and multiple other ways do work, so it seems to me that it's either something to fix or something that should be given a bit more clarity in the description.

kimkimkim

Summoner
all crafted enchantments do not count as "gaining an enchantment", PoP, MM etc don't count either if they are crafted.
Sorry Tony but I think this is untrue, I have crafted spells in the magic academy for events before and they did count

C-Nymph

Necromancer
This may have been said already but I don't want the message to get lost:

When, exactly, are we supposed to be actually just PLAYING the game?

I could run on, and whine a bit more, but really this is what it boils down to for me

How are events not part of playing the game..?

C-Nymph

Necromancer
@Elivar I've been on 64 corals in 2 cities for a very long time now and I can confirm the order of quests. About the probability to get one or the other from the 2 options I mostly agree except on a couple: I think I have gotten 900 spell fragments more than 6 spells (or at lest as many times). And the 2 provinces seem to come just as often as the 40 kps if not more (but that might be subjective as it's the worst quest for me, I had lots of provinces scouted before the event and it wasn't enough so now it's either wait it out - 40 hours x2 - or spend endless boosters)

These are the proportions I am seeing currently, based on 1232 quest entries from the 64 coral worth rotations we've been keeping track of. They are more or less fluctuating around 50:50, with some exceptions ('complete 2 provinces' has never been less than 50% for instance). But the more data we gather, the more it seems to lean towards a clean 50:50 ratio...

I will post an update at the end of the event.

2019-08-23_4-30-57.jpg

Last edited:

Deleted User - 1759805

Great work @Elivar and @C-Nymph. With the existing observations I'd be very surprised if underlying probabilities for the composites are anything but 50:50. My own sample of slightly more than 100 quests in the 64 loop lines up with this structure as well.

It's quite likely that similar algorithm is in place for the other quest sections (less than 64). Probably not worth to uncover now, but the next time around it might be possible to do even better prep work for live using multiple samples from beta.

DeletedUser3671

Thank you @Hekata @C-Nymph and @MinMax Gamer :)

@C-Nymph Do you have all the numbers behind the calculations, what quests in what order ?

I'm not so much on the math in this here. I'm more about the pattern. There is, as you write @MinMax Gamer an algorithm which runs it all. Looking at all the quests and in what order they come, will un-hide that algorithm and make it possible to tell exact what quest will come up next. Of course it depends on how many hoops the algorithm jumps through finding the next quest ;-)

But i can see it's there. From the list i made of the quests, i can see that both my cities have had 1 -> 10. The question then is; How many are there in between and how are they ordered ?

EDIT: Addition: There's no real point in looking at anything else than the 64 corals quests, since they come around again and again. The other ones just come one time, so there's no way to tell where you are in the algorithm.

DeletedUser3671

Yes, that's also why i wrote, in both my cities. In one it have a slight tilt to the first choice and in the other to the second. And in other cases it's the other way around. I would also agree to, that it in the end must add up to 50/50.

For now i'm at round 16 in Constructs city and round 12 in my Halflings. The pattern is consistent. It's just how many rounds will go before returning to 1->10, then the overall pattern and the algorithm will reveal itself :)

C-Nymph

Necromancer
@C-Nymph Do you have all the numbers behind the calculations, what quests in what order ?

Yes, I’ve kept track of all the quests, they’re the backbone of my graphic :) It’s based on data from several players as they do their quests and write down the sequence in which the quests came and then afterwards report to me (except for one player, who gave me only the total amount per quest after having done 10 cycles, so without the sequence/order there)

But as I add quests to the lists, the graphic responds immediately. Yay for formulas in excel ;)

DeletedUser3671

Yes, I’ve kept track of all the quests, they’re the backbone of my graphic :) It’s based on data from several players as they do their quests and write down the sequence in which the quests came and then afterwards report to me (except for one player, who gave me only the total amount per quest after having done 10 cycles, so without the sequence/order there)

But as I add quests to the lists, the graphic responds immediately. Yay for formulas in excel ;)
Great :)

Is it possible that i can have the numbers ?

I would like to see how the pattern evolves :)

Hekata

Artisan
I'll keep track in my 2 cities if it helps and let you know, I go fast enough through them.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
It's no use after the event.

But if you don't want to help. Then so be it.

It's not that I don't want to help. But how do you think it will help more now? The pattern is known.
Or do you really believe they don't have RNG selecting 'randomly' from the two possible quests, but that it really follows a set pattern, which is the same for everyone? I highly doubt that. That is much more work than just letting an RNG randomly select quests in a somewhat set order (A1 or A2, then B1 or B2, then C1 or C2, etc).