• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Summer Mermaids

• Thread starter DeletedUser3097
  • Start date

Pauly7

Magus
Does anyone know if there is a cap on the amount of coral rewards that will be given out for each quest? It doesn't really matter, I'm just curious. In my head I thought maybe it would stay the same on 60, but more recently mine have increased to 62. If these keep incrementing upwards then we could have colossal rewards given out for this event. I've plodded through and so far picked up over 6k corals and I haven't bought the coral boosting building. I know that it could be a different story if I'd been really unlucky with the long term quests, but it seems like these will keep being mixed in with those quests we can complete almost instantly, like gaining fragments or getting 15 x beverages.

Hekata

Artisan
64 is the cap. Those quests keeps cycling until the end of the event.

Killiak

Artisan
Does anyone know if there is a cap on the amount of coral rewards that will be given out for each quest? It doesn't really matter, I'm just curious. In my head I thought maybe it would stay the same on 60, but more recently mine have increased to 62. If these keep incrementing upwards then we could have colossal rewards given out for this event. I've plodded through and so far picked up over 6k corals and I haven't bought the coral boosting building. I know that it could be a different story if I'd been really unlucky with the long term quests, but it seems like these will keep being mixed in with those quests we can complete almost instantly, like gaining fragments or getting 15 x beverages.

Several of my FS collected already well over 20K total coral. Seems to be true infinity cycle once you hit 64.

Last edited:

DeletedUser4149

It seems this may have gotten out of hand if this had happened when the Fire Phoenixes were being given out.
yep. now there's an even bigger reason for people to be upset when they get stuck because they didn't save enough provinces, fragments, or buildings to upgrade because now peoples' goal will be to get multiple grand prizes.

Sir Derf

Adept
While mana huts are more efficient than Manta Ray for mana per square, Manta Ray is ways more efficient as a daily prize target (you need about 2.5 times more huts to hit the same total output).
Sure, winning 10 Manta Rays is more productive than winning 10 Mana Huts.
But, placing 10 Mana Huts is more manageable than placing 10 Manta Rays.

Also, since they come up later, you can reasonably try for both.

Just wanted to provide other options.

DeletedUser3671

Sure, winning 10 Manta Rays is more productive than winning 10 Mana Huts.
But, placing 10 Mana Huts is more manageable than placing 10 Manta Rays.

Also, since they come up later, you can reasonably try for both.

Just wanted to provide other options.
But you would only have to place 4 Manta Ray's, not 10 ;-)

DeletedUser3671

yep. now there's an even bigger reason for people to be upset when they get stuck because they didn't save enough provinces, fragments, or buildings to upgrade because now peoples' goal will be to get multiple grand prizes.
For this event i don't see any point in that. The building is not that great. When we had the Phoenix event, then i could see it, because there was actually 3 grand prizes.

But i'm still going to get it, and i will also get the next one and maybe 3-4 artifacts for upgrading it. But i really don't see any point in placing it. I'm only playing the whole event to get the daily prizes i like. So can't help getting more so called grand prizes ;-)

Deleted User - 13667

The quests still need some improvements to enhance gameplay.

Not every player is able to upgrade 2 buildings above level 14 or research technology. both get much harder in late in the game. Having these 2 as options for 1 quest is not helping to complete quests.

It is doubtful anyone would keep destroying their own buildings just for quests especially if you do not depend on forum other web sources for insights on quests.

Paladestar

Enchanter
Maybe after having already done the complete two provinces quest 15+ times you could give us a decline button please? Or, better yet, only give that quest to people who have at least one open province already and scout within 24 hours of being complete and give the rest of us 2xlvl16 building or something. I've already reached the province expansions cap, scouting takes nearly 3 days. I just waited 4 days to get past this damn quest, only to have it pop up shortly afterwards, so almost instantly blocked for another 6 days...

Geminatrix

Soothsayer
For those that have time to work on the event and want the tier 1 goods and a few KP ... it's a decent summer event

For me .. I am picking up a few nice dailies and chilling a bit now as I doubt I will place the event building in most of my cities. Maybe later on Elvenar can add a few more levels that offer something good to those of us a way into the journey and generic evolves that we can use on this or previous event buildings like stonehenge or phoenix's

Last edited:

Pauly7

Magus
I was quite disappointed to find that Pet Food doesn't count as an enchantment item. I say this because it appears in the enchantments menu and yet they do not count towards the "gain 6 enchantment items" quest.

Pauly7

Magus
I've used it for collect vision vapor quest. I guess it can't count for both.
The thing is with that idea, you could craft an MM spell and it would count towards the gain enchantments quest. It would also count towards gaining Vision Vapour if that were the active quest. Both things aren't happening at the same time. To me it seems like a glitch that Pet Food isn't working for enchantments quests.

DeletedUser3571

i don't think its a glitch, otherwise the quest use 2 pet foods or 2 enchantments wouldn't make sense.
They have specifically made the decision for it not to count i guess.

DeletedUser3671

A week left now, 7 days and 7 hours :)

I have now recorded (more or less), 14 rounds in my Constructs city and 10 rounds in my Halflings city, of 64 Corals.

I have enough data to see the patterns in the order of the quests on a daily basis, but not the event as a whole.

The quests cycles in 10's.

Always starting with:
01: 19 x 15min tools
02: 25 x 5min tools
03: Switches between "Gain 6 spells" and "Gain 900 fragments". It's mostly "Gain 6 spells".
04: Switches between "Put 40 KP into an AW" and "Complete 2 provinces". Sleight overweight of "Put 40 KP into an AW".
05: Switches between "Scout 1 province" and "Spend 30 KP". Looks even between my two cities.
06: Switches between "Gain 15 VisionVapor" and "Solve 10 encounters / 50 tournament encounters". Looks again even between my two cities.
07: Switches between "Recruit a stack of units" and "Spend 30 KP"(the 2nd one). It's mostly "Spend 30 KP".
08: Switches between "9 x 9-hour T1" and "7 x 3-hour T1". There's an overweight of "7 x 3-hour T1".
09: Switches between "5 x 2-day T1" and "4 x 1-day T1". A little overweight in "5 x 2-day T1"
10: Switches between "5 x 3-hour T1" and "9 x 1-day T1". Looks even between my two cities.

I don't have enough data to see the bigger pattern. They of course could have added a 3rd parameter, that makes the chain jump every 5th time we have circled the 10 quests. Don't give them that idea ;-)

I don't know if anyone else have recorded the quests coming ?