• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Summer Mermaids - How is fair play ensured?

DeletedUser6046

I would like to ask what does Inno make to ensure fair opportunity in the Summer Mairmaids event for players with 2x2 lvl1 T1 boost factories who need twice more space than players with 2x1 and 1x2 lvl1 T1 boost factories for the T1 quests?

DeletedUser1874

Nothing. They waved under our noses the proof that they have the technical ability to allow for any T1 to count towards such things with the last challenge, and then did absolutely nothing to address this issue, despite the fact that people constantly and righteously whine about it in event feedback threads. So I wouldn't exactly hold my breath.

Pauly7

Magus
all factories above level 23 are unable to produce 1 and 2 day productions. So all players in Elemental and above must place small factories to complete certain quests
That's a good point. Although on the other side I was happy to see Platinum counting as Steel in FAs.

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
Yep but why is there no all3 tier1 quests? Those are only mildly unfair to humans

These quests encouraged new players to produce all goods, and to ignore the advice to build only boosted manufactories. Many of them quit in Dwarves or Orcs because they have not enough space left for the guest race settlement.

To me, these are the worst quests and I'd be happy if they were removed from FA too.

DeletedUser

I can't say that 25% more space needed is mildly unfair though. Still just unfair imho.

DeletedUser3097

I would like to ask what does Inno make to ensure fair opportunity in the Summer Mairmaids event for players with 2x2 lvl1 T1 boost factories who need twice more space than players with 2x1 and 1x2 lvl1 T1 boost factories for the T1 quests?
The feedback about the relative size needed for steel and other tier 1 Manufacturies has been forwarded.

DeletedUser9252

It is fair. The mermaid quest wants you produce 4 boosted goods in 3h/9/12h/1d. Everyone has atleast 4 manufacturers, you dont need more for the events!
And do the quest often, and pick up the cheap shell, you can get the day prize!
Some times i get 3 day prize!

DeletedUser9252

Actually, before unlock advanced / super marble manufacturers, the production is limited. Level 5 is advanced, but steel level 7 is advanced! Once upgarde to marble level 5 advanced, upgarde to level 6 and 7 takes more goods; because upgrading in basic or advanced level, the price is different. And if you count production per unit area, marble is not most effective. I think wood is. I mean human!

Lelanya

Mentor
It is fair. The mermaid quest wants you produce 4 boosted goods in 3h/9/12h/1d. Everyone has atleast 4 manufacturers, you dont need more for the events!
And do the quest often, and pick up the cheap shell, you can get the day prize!
Some times i get 3 day prize!
Wow, 4 boosted goods, that does sound easy. I got stuck in torture level 60 for days, tho, and I am sure it was more than that wanted.

DeletedUser9252

Wow, 4 boosted goods, that does sound easy. I got stuck in torture level 60 for days, tho, and I am sure it was more than that wanted.
Are you sure? In mermaid quest (the summer mermaid, not queen of sea), there is no level? Only the easter island like buidling have level up to 10. Other buidlings are day prize. And the quests just recycle again and again, and the grand prize recycle from wishing well - purple level up - ferry wheel - purple level up - ancient wonder ball - and keep recycling.
Why 4 boosted good is not easy? Everyone has 4 manufacturers (for me, marble) at least?
Or maybe i am in early chapters (middle of ch4)

DeletedUser8632

The feedback about the relative size needed for steel and other tier 1 Manufacturies has been forwarded.

Look, @Dizzy Lizzie, I am not attacking you or blaming and this is NOT a critique about how you do your job. I have nothing but the highest regard for you and how you moderate. This is a general observation of how Inno as a whole reacts to user feedback.

If the current atrocity (only allowing goods produced by level equivalent factories are counted for event quest) is called an "improvement" by your dev/prod team as a response to the complaints about boost linked productions in events there is something fundamentally wrong along the lines of feedback given and feedback understood. Judging by the feedback in the beta forum, this was clearly not a good example for "development listening to users". And it almost feels... petty. "Oh, complaining? We gonna screw all of you over."

I for one have come to the conclusion that it is probably better not to give feedback anymore.

DeletedUser1874

Look, @Dizzy Lizzie, I am not attacking you or blaming and this is NOT a critique about how you do your job. I have nothing but the highest regard for you and how you moderate. This is a general observation of how Inno as a whole reacts to user feedback.

If the current atrocity (only allowing goods produced by level equivalent factories are counted for event quest) is called an "improvement" by your dev/prod team as a response to the complaints about boost linked productions in events there is something fundamentally wrong along the lines of feedback given and feedback understood. Judging by the feedback in the beta forum, this was clearly not a good example for "development listening to users". And it almost feels... petty. "Oh, complaining? We gonna screw all of you over."

I for one have come to the conclusion that it is probably better not to give feedback anymore.
Oh, but it is an improvement. For them. They'll make more money out of it, especially out of those that like me have already spent money on Magic Workshops - to have less of them, you know, and now we need more of them. Picture Emperor Palpatine saying "ironic"...