• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

More Fighting Buildings to Craft in Magic Academy

• Thread starter DeletedUser7105
  • Start date

DeletedUser7105

I would be happiest if the overabundance relics and the 2x1 culture options got dropped. Seriously who is crafting for relics or 2x1 culture?

I certainly would never pay diamonds for a refresh when I know the expectation is relics or tiny culture.

I completely agree. I can certainly do without the relics (can get these in abundance in tournaments and in reward chests for visits), 2x1 culture items, coin rains, etc. We need items we cannot get elsewhere - temporary battle buildings and pet food (even though I managed not to ever get a Phoenix, others need it).

DeletedUser8409

I'm not so sure about the relics. Lets assume you are not end-game but somewhere in the middle (i.e. you have not reached 700% relic bonus). Also assuming you use your Phoenix regularly and use the magic academy. Thats a lot of relics. I actually still run out occasionally for relics needed to craft CCs because you need more than you get from doing provinces and in tournaments. Or I upgrade an AW or two and my relics fall below the previous production bonus. So, yeah, sometimes its useful to have a quick way to get more relics.

I do however think we can all agree on the Winter Shrine and the overpopulation of Unicorns and Flower cages. In addition to that, maybe it would be enough to just offer 1 type of coin rain and 1 type of supply..rain?
5 relics can be achieved in 5 minutes in the Tournament. I don't know about you but I reached 700% relic bonus by Dwarves by concentrating on the Tournament - once you've done that the relics aren't much use.

Lelanya

Mentor
Yes, it's fairly simple, most of the common spells can be gained by tourneying, as can the relics. I hope that newer players read this and understand that although the Magic Academy is embedded in the tech tree in late chapter 1, it is best set aside until a goodly amount of relics have been obtained. As you can see, if you read above, some players use them at the same pace they obtain them, and this can leave a player short when it may be beneficial to have built up a cushion.

At times I have argued against the MA's place in the tech tree, but it is there to give new players an opportunity they may not have otherwise, in terms of gaining spells for events. One thing I will say, I do appreciate that the events largely call for 'Enchantment items' instead of just the Power of Provision spell, as we so often saw in the early years of the game. I still have cities that have a ridiculous amount of those :rolleyes:

LazyTony

Sorcerer
Although there are many different preferences for crafting, the basic problem is that Inno add more and more recipes over time, and that makes getting the recipes you want less and less common. A really simple solution to this would be a sliding scale on the refresh button that started with 1 free recipe refresh a day. It could than go up in stages, 50, 100 etc, always resetting back to zero overnight to get your 1 free refresh each day. This would allow for the new recipes to be added without making the stuff we want less and less likely. Even F2P players would see 33% more recipes a day (4 sets of 5 recipes instead of 3 sets), and if you need something urgently, have a few wishing wells etc, 50 diamonds isn't too bad for a 5th set.

DeletedUser7105

The 5 new items available for crafting are now:
1. Three (3) KP - multiple places to get KP, including just waiting 3 hours.
2. Another Coin Rain - pretty useless, again, a number of sources for coins.
3. A blue 2x2 culture item - multiple ways to get culture
4. A green 2x2 culture item - really...
5. Supply Windfall - multiple ways to get tools

Ridiculous. We need more items we have no other way to obtain like temporary fighting buildings and pet food for those with Phoenix(es). Please InnoGames, offer these needed items more frequently.

DeletedUser7105

Eight hours later, the 5 new items available for crating are:
1. One Ancient Knowledge 15 - nice, but available in tournaments and events like Summer Mermaids
2. Portal Profit 15% - also nice, but available in events like Summer Mermaids
3. One 8-hour booster - also nice, but available in events like Summer Mermaids and rewards for crafting
4. Coin rain again
5. Supply Windfall again - really?

No items we cannot obtain from other sources. No temporary fighting buildings and no pet food.

DeletedUser7164

I am also in favour of more fighting buildings! Ankit of the other recepes (like coin rain) to me are totally unnecessary

DeletedUser7105

Why don't they just have 10 or 15 to choose from in the menu ??

Or does that seem too simple a solution...

Oh, wow. That is such a simple solution, and it would totally work. Ingenious!

DeletedUser8632

Oh, wow. That is such a simple solution, and it would totally work. Ingenious!

Ok, hang on. Hold your horses. I totally agree that the percentage of getting something useful keeps getting diluted by something not that useful but this is going way beyond what I could support. The randomness of the MM is an integral part of gameplay and the concept is not broken. It is fun to check in in the morning to see what you get offered. Its fun to be surprised by a portal profit in the MM that saves your backside right now. Or the "right now critically important" pet food/relics etc.

I certainly do not want the MM degenerate into another to-do-list. I have plenty of those in real life (and I am not even going to start pointing out the obvious game balance issues etc)

DeletedUser7105

OK, maybe not 10 - 15 options instead of 5. However, you do agree that "
the percentage of getting something useful keeps getting diluted by something not that useful

This is so true. The options just changed again. Two pet foods (useful for those who have Phoenixes), two relics, and another 2x1 culture unicorn. No temp fighting buildings again.

DeletedUser8632

OK, maybe not 10 - 15 options instead of 5. However, you do agree that "

This is so true. The options just changed again. Two pet foods (useful for those who have Phoenixes), two relics, and another 2x1 culture unicorn. No temp fighting buildings again.

Don't get me wrong. I feel your pain :) I don't have any either (but I have again 2 infamous chess pieces and 2 coin rains. Again) - But I still like the randomness. Just make the randomness a bit less painful!

Pauly7

Magus
So it's very true to say that players have different priorities of what is important to craft and maybe any one thing that people wish to remove could be missed by someone else.

Wouldn't this be a nice thing to have though - Imagine if from the full selection of craftable items it was possible to "de-select" say 10 of them (well the more the better, but something that would be in the confines of what Inno finds acceptable) which would mean that those de-selected items could no longer appear in the crafting menu.

DeletedUser7105

Wouldn't this be a nice thing to have though - Imagine if from the full selection of craftable items it was possible to "de-select" say 10 of them (well the more the better, but something that would be in the confines of what Inno finds acceptable) which would mean that those de-selected items could no longer appear in the crafting menu.

That would be nice if InnoGames would offer that option to us. Again, my selections were 2 pet foods, 1 Supply Windfall, and 2 Coin Rains. It's been quite a while since I have seen a temporary military building offered.

DeletedUser7105

I learned that all of the temporary military buildings used to be offered as daily prizes in events, like the currently-running Summer Mermaids. When Crafting became available, they were no longer offered as daily prizes.

Why not bring them back as Daily Prizes in Summer Mermaids? The last few prizes have yet to be announced, and the list of Daily Prizes currently contains at least 4 items that are offered in Crafting. If offering all 3 of the buildings is too overwhelming for InnoGames, maybe they could offer just one. It seems to me that the Unleashed Unit Upgrade is the most beneficial of the three and also seems to be the one most rarely offered in Crafting. How about having the Unleashed Unit Upgrade as one of the Daily Prizes in Summer Mermaids?

DeletedUser3571

while it would be nice, i expect they have already chosen what each prize will be before the event started

DeletedUser5976

Imagine if from the full selection of craftable items it was possible to "de-select" say 10 of them (well the more the better, but something that would be in the confines of what Inno finds acceptable) which would mean that those de-selected items could no longer appear in the crafting menu.
This is a nice idea, but it won't solve the problem of new recipes being added regularly, but old ones not disappearing (so far as we can tell), so after some time the odds of getting what you find will return to what it is now even with the deselecting option. If the devs removed as many recipes as they added new ones, then we won't have this continuous decreasing odds.

the temporary military buildings used to be offered as daily prizes in events, like the currently-running Summer Mermaids. When Crafting became available, they were no longer offered as daily prizes.

This is true, when crafting is introduced the mods told us these buildings will never be available any other way than crafting anymore. Of course at the time they didn't tell us that the odds of getting them will be ever decreasing.

Pauly7

Magus
This is a nice idea, but it won't solve the problem of new recipes being added regularly, but old ones not disappearing (so far as we can tell), so after some time the odds of getting what you find will return to what it is now even with the deselecting option. If the devs removed as many recipes as they added new ones, then we won't have this continuous decreasing odds.
This is true, unless they comparatively increased the number that you can de-select. The point may be moot, however, as it is possible that when they add new recipes they are doing so in a purposeful measure to limit the benefits people might receiving. Perhaps because they are not happy with some element of game balance (or maybe dipping diamond sales ;)). After all there is absolutely no other reason in the world that they would leave all the useless little Winter culture buildings there for evermore. It's either that or pure laziness when it comes to fixing things. I do suspect the former though.