• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Finished with constructs? What do you do? What do you want?

Sir Derf

Adept
I'm curious, and want to know.

You've finished Constructs and are waiting for the next chapter to be released. I assume that your Residences, Workshops, Manufactories, etc. are all maxed upgrade.

What do you do? How are you spending your time?

What resources do you need to get to sustain your city?

What do you want (not need, but want), that you can get in normal game play, tourneys, FAs, events?

How much of your city is taken up by game-necessary things vs. your optional, personal choices?

DeletedUser6357

I earn about 500 diamonds every day.
I earn about 250-300 KP every week from the tournament.
I did an analysis of the income from the buildings and sold a lot of them, freed up about 3 expansions.
I have sold one AW and I am considering selling another AW, total more than 2 expansions free space total.

I feed the Fire Phoenix, bathe it in a special blend of sand and ash from the corpses of the enemies, walk it around and play selected martial music.

DeletedUser4149

I earn about 500 diamonds every day.
i don't blame you for doing that.
but this is one of many reasons why the game makers should stop creating new worlds.
to get ahead in arendyll or whichever your preferred world is, you need to have cities in felon-whatever and winyandor to farm diamonds for your favorite city. if you don't, the cities that do will get farther and farther ahead of you. now this game becomes about controlling 3 cities instead of just 1 and occupies more of our time.

DeletedUser8632

I'm guessing many are spending their time tearing down buildings so they can build them again for upgrade quests in events.

Sorry, I know that was petty. :D

DeletedUser8632

i don't blame you for doing that.
but this is one of many reasons why the game makers should stop creating new worlds.
to get ahead in arendyll or whichever your preferred world is, you need to have cities in felon-whatever and winyandor to farm diamonds for your favorite city. if you don't, the cities that do will get farther and farther ahead of you. now this game becomes about controlling 3 cities instead of just 1 and occupies more of our time.

I finally understand a comment a different player made about players having too many wishing wells. Didn't look at it that way before. I'm tempted to say that nobody forces you to run 2 goldmines but if ranking and score is one of the reasons you play I see how you almost have to.

Killiak

Artisan
to get ahead in arendyll or whichever your preferred world is, you need to have cities in felon-whatever and winyandor to farm diamonds for your favorite city. if you don't, the cities that do will get farther and farther ahead of you.

Is there a special prize or daily bonus for being higher in ranking than anyone else? I must have missed seeing it in these past years.
This is only a perceived need, by those whom for whatever reason place importance in rankings. I have never been able to understand this.

And so what if somebody else has more premium buildings or an expansion or two more than you do? Given enough time, in the current game, that person will hit the cap, and you will start gaining again.

DeletedUser8632

This is only a perceived need

I'd be careful going down that road. You know what else is a perceived need? Warm water. Or access to computer games. It is not your prerogative to decide for other players what is important and what not.

Also, yes, there are prizes. Not directly for ranking but for example for performances in Tournaments and FAs.

Timneh

Artisan
Also, yes, there are prizes. Not directly for ranking but for example for performances in Tournaments and FAs.

You don't really need to be a high ranking player to do well in tournaments or FAs. A reasonably small player in my FS can do just as much as the big players when we go for 10 chests in a tournament if they choose to and they add just as many badges as anyone else in FAs.

Killiak

Artisan
I'd be careful going down that road. You know what else is a perceived need? Warm water. Or access to computer games. It is not your prerogative to decide for other players what is important and what not.

Rankings ARE a perceived need. They provide zero benefit, zero bonus, zero efficiency. A higher ranking itself adds nothing of direct value.
Furthermore, ranking does not decide your performance in either tournament or FA, and there are plenty 'lower' ranked people who maintain high scores in tournaments.

I don't have to decide anything for anyone when the issue at hand consists of simple and observable fact.

As an aside; how is your city doing? Did the plan I gave you help you?

Killiak

Artisan
You've finished Constructs and are waiting for the next chapter to be released. I assume that your Residences, Workshops, Manufactories, etc. are all maxed upgrade.

Actually, I usually only bring them up to the new size. If I do not need them at max level, I will purposely leave them open, since there are often events (like now) that require upgrades in quests. Usually this is just the manufactories, really.

Talk with my FS, do tournaments for rewards (KP mostly), upgrade my AW, collect my Wishing Wells, stack goods like a boss.
Post on the forum, help people out here and there, grind KP from any place I can get it.

If you never turn on your manufactories, you need very little. But mostly I am swimming in coins, whereas I do have to actively watch my supplies. I recently got a few more premium workshops (thank you wishing wells), so I am now at 5 of them, which will keep me well supplied if I PoP spell them every now and then.
To actively grow, or grow stronger, I also need sentient goods, orcs, mana, seeds. Just for sustaining, I guess I would need nothing really.

What do you want (not need, but want), that you can get in normal game play, tourneys, FAs, events?

KP and diamonds, although I got enough premium buildings now. KP is the true endgame.

How much of your city is taken up by game-necessary things vs. your optional, personal choices?

Hmm. Well, neccesary is a matter of opinion. One of my FS mates recenty removed all of his T1-T3 manufactories, in favor of what he gets from event buildings and AW procs. Are roads considered neccesary? It's a tricky question, imo. How about Ancient Wonders, and if so, which ones?

Without getting into too much detail, I suppose about half of the city counts as neccesary for how I have come to play the game.

DeletedUser8632

Rankings ARE a perceived need. They provide zero benefit, zero bonus, zero efficiency. A higher ranking itself adds nothing of direct value.

You don't seem to understand: The WHOLE GAME is a perceived need. It provides zero benefit to you except for the fun and satisfaction of playing it. That may or may not include (gasp!) rankings. There are more than enough players who perceive the notion of measuring and competing against others as fun and satisfaction. Inno finds it apparently important enough to even implement complicated, multi-tier ranking system.

Do I give a damn about rankings? Certainly not, I'll be already happy if I ever make it off the last page of the FS. Do I acknowledge that other players have other priorities? Absolutely.

Killiak

Artisan
You don't seem to understand: The WHOLE GAME is a perceived need.

Ah, stating the discussion partner doesn't 'understand' and then moving the goalposts of the discussion, are we? End of our discussion it is then.

Have a nice day, and I certainly hope you got some use out of the architect plan.

Sir Derf

Adept
And I'm discussing the difference between PERCEIVED needs and actual needs.

Again, not trying to denigrate anyone's personal goals and expectations, but the game does not require high ranking. It does not have a countdown clock.

It has a tech tree. It has pop and culture requirements. It has resource costs.. It has decaying resources. It has Guest Races. It has space limitations.

It provides Fellowships, Tourneys, Adventures and Events. It provides Boosts, Rains, Windfalls, Profits. It provides Premium Buildings.

But it doesn't require any of the later to accomplish any of the former.

DeletedUser8632

Ah, stating the discussion partner doesn't 'understand' and then moving the goalposts of the discussion, are we? End of our discussion it is then.

Let me clarify: I think you do not understand what I mean (I did not mean to implicate that you are stupid. At all). And I believe I did not move any goalposts of the discussion. In reference to both points: I remain firm in my opinion that a perceived need depends who looks at it. What some may find irrelevant may be important to others.

Have a nice day, and I certainly hope you got some use out of the architect plan.

I'm not exactly sure how to interpret this. If by chance we share a fellowship and you feel I am not contributing enough or I'm not respecting my "elders" enough in the forum, say so. I don't do well with passive aggressive obscurities.

And I'm discussing the difference between PERCEIVED needs and actual needs.

See the argument above. Again: What you (or I) consider of value or a critical, essential part of enjoying the game may not necessarily exactly tally with what other people find important.

THAT SAID: I apologise to @Sir Derf for derailing your thread which - in all fairness - I did, albeit unintentionally. I want to step back in this thread and give people chance to discuss the original topic without being sidetracked. However, I gladly continue this with you in a separate thread if you so wish.

Killiak

Artisan
I'm not exactly sure how to interpret this.

The first part is a goodbye, since I am leaving the discussion with you.

If by chance we share a fellowship and you feel I am not contributing enough or I'm not respecting my "elders" enough in the forum, say so. I don't do well with passive aggressive obscurities.

There is nothing passive agressive about it. That's just how you choose to read it.

Furthermore, the second part is a direct reference to this previous post by me.

Have a nice day.

Sir Derf

Adept
I understand wandering conversations. Let me clarify.

Need = the game won't progress without this.

Not what you need to enjoy the game, but what the game actually requires you to have.

DeletedUser8921

@Sir Derf Strictly speaking progressing in the game is not a need either. You could just play the game at whatever level you are. But it sounds like progressing in the game is important to you and you see it as a need.

By your definition of "need" all one really "needs" to play Elvenar is to have a working computer or mobile device, internet access and the game server to be available. Anything else is just a nice to have.

DeletedUser6357

Responsible for the benefits of space and premium buildings.
In temperate and cold climates, one person can live in a room measuring two meters in size. As much as keep out of the cold and the wind outside.
In a warm climate, even this is unnecessary.
But the person wants to have a bed, a chair, a TV, a refrigerator and a place for cooking and hygiene needs. As well as a table with a white tablecloth to eat. To welcome guests.
More expansions in the game allow for greater game comfort.
Premium buildings are just like expansions - they increase the usable space. I have two magic workshops instead of the usual 8 or 10, which are completely enough for me.
On a vacant lot, I've built manufactories that help me earn more in the weekly tournament.
In short, I need more space to accommodate all the wells that will provide me with more space.

DeletedUser1874

I'm curious, and want to know.

Participate in Tourneys, FAs, and events; constantly rebuild 6-8 armories after each event; read the forums and do some chatting in the FS chat.

IAvBrEb.gif

Much of my space is not min-maxed if that's what you mean. I value aesthetics in the game as well, and I'm not keen on letting go buildings I worked hard for in past events (which in some cases payed off, for instance, the Tower of the Winter King has now one of the best pop-per-tiles ratios in the game, thanks to the RR spell).
Of course I could and probably should let go of something more, but so long as it doesn't hamper my capabilities too much (still been able to hit #1 in some tourneys, with pitifully low levels war AWs at that), I see no reason to take such actions, not with more space probably being added in the near future anyway.