• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Summer Mermaids

• Thread starter DeletedUser3097
  • Start date

eness

Seeker
so you just skip over the negative posts and only read the positive ones ?

I thought this thread was for feedback on players thoughts ...not just to glorify the devs and say what an excellent job they are doing

Precisely, and you would think that being a 'player first' as this MOD claims to be, would be at least some form of catalyst for understanding that some players find the changes to be concerning.

If you disagree, fine, just try not to be superior about it and suggest that your perspective is correct...

Last edited:

Killiak

Artisan
Let's put a few things into perspective here.
It was three years ago that it became evident that the devs felt we should not be Scouting and solving Provinces quite so quickly.

And it was one year ago, in a september Q&A session, that this feeling was reiterated, and we were told that Advanced Scouts would no longer (since Amuni) be in the tech tree. Of course because there was still too much scouting, and the short of it was that all the players well beyond the recommended number were still doing well enough.
There is also the statement that Inno tries to make events as accesible to all the players as they can.

Now, in all those years there have still been quests that force players to complete provinces, encounters and scout more. This, logically, cuts into what people beyond the limit will be able to do, both now and in the long term, which goes against previous statements.
It's a rather stark contrast between words and actions.

You can play it down as negativity if you want, but this is a feedback thread where people give their thoughts in earnest. If you want nothing but positivity, perhaps call it "Event appreciation thread"next time?
Regardless; neither you or any other mod/dev/rep have ever given me an answer that explains this obvious difference between what is said and what is actually done.

DeletedUser7105

Event daily prizes used to be our main source of those buildings, but with the advent of the MA crafting they stopped offering them as event prizes.

Since these buildings are offered so rarely in Crafting, maybe InnoGames should think about offering them (or at least the Unleashed Unit Upgrade) as daily prizes again. It is a thought.

Look at the Daily Prizes. The list contains Grounds of the Orc Strategist, Rainbow Flower Cage, Rainbow Unicorn, Portal Profit, and Valorian Valor. All of these are offered in Crafting, so why not the temp military buildings?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaxom

Alchemist
I finally went shopping in this event. Worked to get as many corals as possible before the the daily prize of 4-14 hour boosts came up. Got 10 of them plus 7 4x8hr, 145 total Ancient Wonder points, 2x33% portal, and a few spells to disenchant for spell fragment quests. Knowing when to get stuff helped. I will be back when the 20hr boosts show up.
Thanks to Gems site for the daily prize list and their basic information on the quests.

I still hate the random quest system. If it were not that I am at the end of chapter 14 I would never have had enough open space to build all I needed to work the quests. A normal player who is working hard in a chapter simply could not make space to do what I did.

The random system really hurts people who have a lack of space. You have to set things up to work on at lest 5 different productions, trying to get done what 'might' come up next. And you have to keep changing focus each time you move up a section (36-corals to 42 corals, etc.) Not fun, not productive to game progress, and the prizes are poor. Only the time boosts are attractive to me. Another chance at Valorian Valor - who cares?

Timneh

Artisan
@Rilian , you like the event format. It is human nature to pay more attention to the posts that fortify your own thoughts and see as “negative” the posts that challenge your feelings about the event. My problem with your post is that you are our link to the developers.

@Rilian is a game moderator not a forum moderator so it is not part of their duties to pass on feedback to the devs.

DeletedUser6357

The list contains Grounds of the Orc Strategist, Rainbow Flower Cage, Rainbow Unicorn, Portal Profit, and Valorian Valor.
These are long-lived buildings.
I would not give corals for something that is less durable than that of fresh milk.

DeletedUser7105

You
These are long-lived buildings.
I would not give corals for something that is less durable than that of fresh milk.

Lol. You do have a point, but many of the Daily Prizes are not durable, such as Portal Profit and the Speed Boosts. At least the Temporary Military Buildings aid you in getting something permanent more quickly (KP to be used in Research, Ancient Knowledge to upgrade your Ancient Wonders, etc.)

Lelanya

Mentor
This feedback post is a tough read. So many negative comments and all in the same vein. I too get stuck, sometimes a little and sometimes a lot.

The fact is, the developers have gotten what they wanted from this event and so this format is likely to continue. They want us engaged, and working the event, and with the not so random quests they are getting exactly that.

@vlkodlak your post made me smile. Say what you wish and please continue, you are a refreshing breath of air here; welcome to the Forum! :)

I have found it interesting and confusing but always engaging. I have 2 small requests tho.

Can my Fel city get a building, please?

And could we maybe have less coin rains? Their likelihood appears to have increased quite a bit.

Lel

EdwardTrunk

Soothsayer
My personal experience based on discussion with players both within my fellowships and also outside of them is that the vast majority, I'd say 80% plus, really dislike the current event and several have abandoned it altogether. I think the problem for many is not simply that there are random tasks but that the randomness has led in many cases to extremely frustrating scenarios, some of which have been described on this thread. Speaking personally I like a challenge but I don't think the RNG stuff is especially challenging here, just very frustrating. One or two of the comments made by those arguing for the current event seem to be a bit bizarre, at least to my way of thinking, such as the one that said words to the effect that none of us are forced to do the event.

DeletedUser

I would say we need a poll - Like :) vs Dislike :eek: or something

I have no clue how we can do that on this forum :oops:

Sir Derf

Adept
One or two of the comments made by those arguing for the current event seem to be a bit bizarre, at least to my way of thinking, such as the one that said words to the effect that none of us are forced to do the event.
So, explain how a player s forced to do the event, and how it is not an optional choice? Not that they are invited or enticed, but forced.

DeletedUser4149

the vast majority, I'd say 80% plus, really dislike the current event and several have abandoned it altogether.
keep in mind that a lot of players, especially older ones, don't like learning something new and only have 1 week of experience w/ an event like this. they might feel differently about it when they've actually finished an event like this and realize that this event gives them more potential to evolve their grand prize further than in previous events.
80% seems pretty high to me. i'm finding an even mix of those that do and don't like this event. let's at least wait until people have done this at least once before we judge something new and compare it to events that had the same format and that we've done over and over again. i prefer to do something that's new instead of something that's monotonous.
what i didn't find very fun was when the winter magic event had the exact same quest list as woodelvenstock. can they even call winter magic a new event when it's the exact same as the last event? it just had different prize buildings, many of which were recycled from previous events.
i really want thank the game makers for coming up w/ something new this time and something that challenges more experienced players and rewards flexibility and the ability to think for ourselves, instead of letting "gems of knowledge" do the thinking for us and take the skill out of things for us.

FieryArien

Necromancer
So, explain how a player s forced to do the event, and how it is not an optional choice? Not that they are invited or enticed, but forced.
There doesn’t seem to be anyone claiming that we are forced to play the event, Sir Derf. We just want to play the event. My personal guess is that Inno gives us events so we can play them (there is no irony or sarcasm in this statement). From what I understood there are the following serious issues mentioned many times in this thread:
- Events ask us to scout and complete provinces (there are quest that have no alternative), even though Inno seems to expect us to keep our provinces in about the limits requested in the chapters’ chests. Events are much more frequent than releasing new chapters.
- Half of the player base (all steel players and human planks players) are seriously disadvantaged in the preparations/fulfilling the T1 productions quests.
Neither of those complains deserves “so what, just don’t play” response. They are real issues and if we don’t bug Inno about them, they might as well never get any attention.

m4rt1n

Adept
Back from my summer vacation hence I haven't yet had time to read through the entire thread yet and up until now have played app only.

Who came up with scout or upgrade 2 buildings to level 16, ok first time but again 2 quests later??? I'm sat chapter 14 complete with 4 day scouts and 1 marble factory upgrading for the event quests. :(

m4rt1n

Adept
Ok I have played enough on PC after app only to be so stressed with this concept that I am very close to finding another game to play and QUIT this one entirely.
We are supposed to plan for the future while playing and build our city, now it just turns into yet another one of those lotto games I played so much in the past until I found Elvenar.
Now the Elvenar I loved has turned into yet another randomiser, I am uncomfortable continuing to play. What the HELL are you doing to my SAFE PLACE in life.

I have spent a few $$ in the past on this game and made many friends, but half of them are leaving because of the change in concept and I am close to going elsewhere also.

I can only think that Inno want to P*** OFF (ANNOY) the long timers so much that they QUIT, then INNO can get more money off the new players and solve the problem of endgamers and the need for more chapters.

DeletedUser8921

Appreciate the thought, but I suspect that people who don't like the random still won't like this; they might paradoxicaclly dislike this approach even more than a pure-random event, as this structure let's you get part-way, feel partly happy, and then BAM, you're shut down.

Don't tase the angel, bros. :cool:

Actually that approach is exactly what I suggested. A fixed, known questline and then random after that. This would be more fun than totally random.

m4rt1n

Adept
I only play this game BECAUSE I CAN PLAN, now that is gone, I have lost this game also. Several years down the pan because INNO want to STOP BEING UNIQUE and go down the quick money plan.

SAD DAYS as this game was my escape. :(

DeletedUser8921

They want us engaged, and working the event, and with the not so random quests they are getting exactly that.

I am less engaged with this event and doing less than I have in previous events. Some of this is due to the circumstances of my personal life, but a lot is due to the random nature of the event. I find that I have little to do in my city since most of my manufactories and workshops are just sitting there with finished productions waiting to be picked up in case I need whatever it is.

DeletedUser8921

realize that this event gives them more potential to evolve their grand prize further than in previous events.

The thing is, prizes are OK in general, but what's more important to me is having fun playing the game. Prizes are one nice thing, but if the process to achieve them is less interesting and challenging than an alternative process, I'd prefer that alternative process. In this case, that would be knowing at least the next few quests in advance so I can plan tactics.