• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Summer Mermaids

• Thread starter DeletedUser3097
  • Start date

dbrad000

Alchemist
Whilst a lot of people are not happy that they can no longer look up spoilers in advance during this event, has anyone considered whether they are still winning the same amount of corals compared to what has been picked up in previous events?
There is certainly the potential to obtain more event currency. My problem is that I'm simply not enjoying the game as much under the new system (especially with the added frustration of being a Steel-boosted player). I believe a game should be fun. I had fun planning and preparing for previous events. Under the new format, I feel frustrated almost every time I log into the game. I'm simply not having fun.

DeletedUser8921

I agree with @dbrad000 I don't mind the amount of event currency I'm gaining. What I don't like is that I'm not having as much fun doing it. I had FUN planning ahead for quests and using my resources most wisely, knocking down buildings and building others in anticipation of quests I wouldn't be getting for 2 days. Someone said that was never intended. Intended or not it was FUN for me, and I miss that fun.

I don't play Elvenar to have the best or biggest city or complete everything the fastest. I play Elvenar for fun, and I miss an aspect that used to be fun.

There are lots of players, and I'm not saying the developers should make decisions solely based on my feedback, but if there are quite a number of players who feel this way, then it might make sense for the developers to think about for example a hybrid system where a portion of the questline is available in advance, or one questline available in advance and a second random one or quests being revealed in groups of 5 so some planning is possible.

There are ways the advantage of the endless questline could be gained while still preserving the FUN that I and others had knowing quests in advance and planning for them.

alsael

Enchanter
Well,a way to satisfy both "the like planning ahead" players,and "the I like random quests" players,could be to do both.
You can have a set quests for the first half of the event,so everyone can plan ahead,and implement the new system for the second half of the event.If that is possible of course:rolleyes:

Sir Derf

Adept
Well,a way to satisfy both "the like planning ahead" players,and "the I like random quests" players,could be to do both.
You can have a set quests for the first half of the event,so everyone can plan ahead,and implement the new system for the second half of the event.If that is possible of course:rolleyes:
Appreciate the thought, but I suspect that people who don't like the random still won't like this; they might paradoxicaclly dislike this approach even more than a pure-random event, as this structure let's you get part-way, feel partly happy, and then BAM, you're shut down.

Don't tase the angel, bros. :cool:

Deleted User - 1759805

Whilst a lot of people are not happy that they can no longer look up spoilers in advance during this event, has anyone considered whether they are still winning the same amount of corals compared to what has been picked up in previous events?
Pretty comparable so far, but this event is actually better.

So on day 7 of Summer Solstice I had about 5000 flares (without spending anything). At that time I was already done with the main quest line, but because of the daily quests that could not be sped up I only got that much. And the total gained was about 7100 for the whole event (this does not include flares from the chests).

In the Mermaids event on day 7 I've got about 5600 corals already (without spending anything). And given unlimited quests, I am quite certain that I'll be able to get more than 7100 corals overall as there is plenty of time left.

So in this event, I am getting more total event currency, and more of it earlier as well (so can spend more on earlier dailies if needed). Semi-random quests make it more challenging to plan, but you certainly can still plan. And challenge is fun ;)

Deleted User - 1634960

Let's put a few things into perspective here.
It was three years ago that it became evident that the devs felt we should not be Scouting and solving Provinces quite so quickly. They introduced the Chapter Chests, and Orcs in Provinces outside the 9th ring. The word given on the Forum at thi time was that we probably should not go higher than 20% over what was needed for the next Chapter. I was a few Provinces past where I needed to be. I stopped Scouting. I was able to fight the Provinces I had that required Orcs (I was in Fairies). Since then, in my main city, I have only scouted when it was required for Events. I am still a lttle bit short of what is needed for Constructs, but I am not concerned, as I am only entering Elementals. How many of those who are complaining have hit the Expansion cap at 457 Provinces, well over the recommended 20% for even Constructs?

I have 4 cities in 'live'. 2 of them are Steel Boosts. I do not get full opportunity to play Events because I have to spend a fair amount of time answering people who are wondering why their Bread does not count as Simple Tools, but I do my best. The two cities that are doing better in the Event are those with Steel Boost! I may not get any of my Mermaid Paradise buildings to Stage 10, but I will get further on this Event than I have recently.

So far the majority of those who have expressed their opinion in these pages have said that they prefer the more random aspect of this quest line, because they find it more challenging and more engaging. I am happy that this is the case, because it means we will have more of this type in the future. The system may need some tweaking, but it is a good system.

Some of you need to think about the image you project in these pages. Speaking as a player, it is far more powerful to see the positive comments from @Pauly7 and @Sir Derf than it is to see more negative comments from those who are (nearly) always negative. And since, as a Moderator, I am a player first... ;)

DeletedUser

I planned ahead to avoid hitting the orc-wall during the next upcoming event. Overscouting might be 'bad', but is not necessarily terminal.

Well, good for you, you knew, but you also forget a few things. And that is the problem.

The game doesn't tell you about the Orc wall, so Inno forces players into it and those players get stuck with no way out.Yes they over-scouted, but no they possibly did not know it was terminal for their event(s).

Most players do not read the forum. And even when players read the games Wiki it doesn't warn them sufficiently about the Orc wall:

Wiki said:
Wiki said:
It is advisable to scout only the number of Provinces needed for the next chapter in the Research Tree. The cost for fighting or trading to complete the Province will increase with each newly scouted Province. And in later Provinces you will need Orcs to be able to "negotiate" (produced in Armories level 20 and above).

It doesn't tell when they will show up, it doesn't tell it is a complete wall around your city locking you in.

DeletedUser

So far the majority of those who have expressed their opinion in these pages have said that they prefer the more random aspect of this quest line, because they find it more challenging and more engaging.

I think I am reading a different opinion here, opinions outside the forums should count too, most players more or less hate it.

Edit:
I counted the like and dislike opinions in this thread, and came to a conclusion, if I counted right(, per player, not per posts):

Like the random questline: 10
Dislike the random quests: 24

edit 2:
It has always been the choice of the players themselves to pre-read the questline or not. Not reading it would give them a random questline to begin with. I liked the planning part of it, I hate the randomness as I have other things to do in life.
So in my opinion this randomness hurt more than it benefits players that want to be more surprised.

I also do not get why the asked amonts in event quests are the same for all players. If a chapter 2 player is asked for 10 bread, why is a chapter 14 player asked the same? Would be more logical to ask them more. Of course it is not challenging in the current format, amount wise. Random or not.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

My feelings about this event is completely positive! I will justify:
* I have an event-driven city. The moment I heard the announcement about this event, I stopped crafting CC and held my VV just under 100.
* I am a fighter, so just have 1 of each boosted manufactory type.
* I underscout! I am just at the end of Dwarven chapter, so any quests for scouting or complete 2 provinces only moves me closer to finishing the required 130 provinces to unlock Advanced Scouts for the next chapter.
* By Day 6 of the event I have reached 64-coral quest, thanks to loads to time booster I have gathered over the time. I just see it as recycling them for something useful for the city.
* The daily rewards are not bad at all: I upgraded 4 of my 6 Grounds of the Orc Strategists to the current chapter. Recycled the Hidden Lagoon (and Black Lotus and T3+1 buildings and future Manta Ray, Sharkapalooza etc.) to fragments for quests. I swim in T3 goods from Carnival set. I have no idea why T3+1 is offered for Dwarven, Fairies and Orcs chapter.
* With my small set of Wishing Wells, I have upgraded MA to 5 and BH to 4 and bought two premium expansions from the recent 10% discount. I have a lot of space.
* Gain x VV quests: I mostly craft Pet food and the occasional UUUs & MMMs, but for this event I craft what is available and recycle them for fragments. Of course, it is a loss, but I finish the quest.
* I like cheatsheets, but this is not so bad.

I feel this game rewards a patient player!!
Having said that, I only wish the Grand Prize would have given T2 goods. Aesthetically, the giant bubbles (Water Bubble Resort) and fish-tank like Grand Prize are a bit out of place though.

p.s. This is my first post here. Excuse me, if I overstepped boundaries. :)

DeletedUser1874

I don't quite understand the logic behind putting even more object that can be crafted in place of new (ok, it takes resources from the artistic team) or even recycled but not craftable (takes no resources) buildings.Oh well, at least the Grounds of the Orc Strategists and Vallorian Valors are more useful than the also craftable Rainbow Flower Cage and Unicorn.

There is certainly the potential to obtain more event currency. My problem is that I'm simply not enjoying the game as much under the new system (especially with the added frustration of being a Steel-boosted player). I believe a game should be fun. I had fun planning and preparing for previous events. Under the new format, I feel frustrated almost every time I log into the game. I'm simply not having fun.
Ditto. I've already a huge stockpile and 14 and 8 hr boosters, and just won an artifact to upgrade the second grand prize to level 2. Of course I had overscouted in advance and I burned some time boosters thorough the event to speed up quests and exploration (despite being overscouted like a madman, thanks RNG quest system). SO yeah, I'm not having fun at all either, despite the fact that I'll end up with more stuff than from the previous events - and more is not necessarily better, I mean, just compare the Fire chicken to this extremely lackluster "Grand" prize...

How many of those who are complaining have hit the Expansion cap at 457 Provinces, well over the recommended 20% for even Constructs?

I have 4 cities in 'live'. 2 of them are Steel Boosts. I do not get full opportunity to play Events because I have to spend a fair amount of time answering people who are wondering why their Bread does not count as Simple Tools, but I do my best. The two cities that are doing better in the Event are those with Steel Boost! I may not get any of my Mermaid Paradise buildings to Stage 10, but I will get further on this Event than I have recently.

So far the majority of those who have expressed their opinion in these pages have said that they prefer the more random aspect of this quest line, because they find it more challenging and more engaging. I am happy that this is the case, because it means we will have more of this type in the future. The system may need some tweaking, but it is a good system.

Some of you need to think about the image you project in these pages. Speaking as a player, it is far more powerful to see the positive comments from @Pauly7 and @Sir Derf than it is to see more negative comments from those who are (nearly) always negative. And since, as a Moderator, I am a player first... ;)
*raises hand*
Capped and steel boosted. Doing good as said above, not having fun at all in doing so. That people with 1x2 boosts are heavily advantaged is utterly undeniable, it's simple math (I also have an alt town with boosted marble, it's much less of a hassle).
Also, the majority of comments have been negative, as pointed out by Flame Knight, so what you said is false. And since you invite others to think about the image they project, even going so far as accusing them of being "(nearly) always negative" (which in my case is absolutely untrue, feel free to go and see my comments about the Phoenix event) perhaps you should also think about the image you project in doing so, because it comes off as extremely biased and unrealistic.

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
So, yet another level of randomness. I enjoy this event a whole lot less than any previous one - too much gambling, too little thinking - not a challenge for me. "Endless Quests" sounds great at first, but actually it means you do not have a goal to reach, but have to give up in the middle of the event. Not very satisfying either.

The event is doable, the prizes are good, it's just not much fun.

Timneh

Artisan
only difference with the new system is that Inno have taken away the ability to look up spoilers that are provided by 3rd parties. It was never at any point in their plan for this to be a part of the game.

While it might not have been in their plans they should nevertheless have expected it. It is(in my view) part of human nature to help and pass on information to friends and FS members. Any information i get from the forums about upcoming changes or new features in the game i pass on to my FS and i am sure i am not the only one that does that.

So far the majority of those who have expressed their opinion in these pages have said that they prefer the more random aspect of this quest line

I must be reading a different thread to you as i counted more people that do not like this event than people that do like it.

If people like the not knowing what the next quest is going to be part of an event then the simple solution is for those people is not to look at spoilers if they are available. It would be interesting to know how many of the players that complained that events were too easy made them easy by using spoilers, i know of one that admitted to it.

Pauly7

Magus
It would be interesting to know how many of the players that complained that events were too easy made them easy by using spoilers, i know of one that admitted to it.
That was me at first, but then more recently (the last year) I realised it's fine to pretty much play through and not look (or not look much). This isn't out of some principle, but just because there hasn't been a need as there tends to be time to play through them without. It just takes more of the month. For me it's less stressful to just play it as it comes without trying to figure out whether I have all the right manufactories delivering the right goods to me at the right times.. and then making sure I only collect the right ones. I realise that for some people, though, that juggling act is the draw of the event.

Don't get me wrong I don't specifically avoid spoilers. I take some cursory glances at the quests sometimes, but particularly I am always there to look at what daily prizes are coming up. For me it's quite difficult to fathom not having access to that information.

DeletedUser6357

Rich people buy the right things. Poor people have to work them out.
What is the most valuable resource in the game? With a finite, finite amount?
This is the territory of the city. The place where you can play.
Part of this territory is where you get it in the process of play - expansions from the technological tree, from the conquest of the provinces.
But about 1/4 of the possible territory - 23%, is acquired through diamonds.
Diamonds are acquired as a reward for a chapters-up, purchased with real money, or made.
To make diamonds, you must earn Wishing Well.
I play events for Wishing Well - with diamonds from these wells I have already gained 2/3 of the premium expansions.
The tasks in Mermad are completely predictable - we have them from the beta server.

All you need is a place. :)))))

The unpleasant tasks I've seen here are:
* Gain 3-4 Enchantment items;
* Gain 2 CC or Gain 12 Relics;
* Complete 2 Provinces.
By themselves, these tasks are not something terrible. But when they are repeated and appear for the third time in a short interval, it is extremely annoying and unpleasant.
I have a question for the "genius" who invented this repetition and shake-up - did he play it in a small chapter? When the Magic Academy is level two!
If you play in a weekly tournament, something that many players find annoying, Vision Vapor and Spell Fragments is not a problem - you have many spells to transform.

23221.jpg

Upgrades to Level 14-16 are no problem and are short:
* in humans it is a marble manufactory - 3-5 hours per cycle;
* for elves are manufactures for planks or steel - 2-3 hours cycle.
You just to have a place and a population.
Manufacturing tasks from manufactories and workshops know them, nothing new.
You just to have a place and a small population.

I'll finish with this what I started with - in order to play comfortably, you must own a place. To have a place - you must have diamonds.
(We all know that Inno games hate their customers.)

DeletedUser8632

Who ever said that the challenge of an event was meant to be easy ?

In these 9 pages of feedback? Nobody. What people are saying is: The challenge should be the same level of difficulty for every player

The two cities that are doing better in the Event are those with Steel Boost! I may not get any of my Mermaid Paradise buildings to Stage 10,
That may be true for you but to say that 2x1 boosted do not have an substantial advantage over 2x2 boosted players is plain wrong. So far I have seen 9 players with a fully leveled Grand Prize. What do they all have in common? Each and every one is a 2x1 boosted player.
Also, as a 2x1 player I could have reached my current coral count 3 days ago but I would have the room for another 16 factories to safeguard against double/triple quests.
And thats only half of the issue. The other half is that this has been brought up over and over and over again and it is just not acknowledged or fixed. Why?

So far the majority of those who have expressed their opinion in these pages have said that they prefer the more random aspect of this quest line,
The only thing random in this format is which quests you get twice or three times. Lists of possible quests in each bracket are widely available. People still know what is coming, the only difference is that it takes a lot more preparation to ensure you are not blocked.

Are you saying we should not give negative feedback, even if it is warranted (in our opinion)? Coming from a Moderator, I find this very worrisome.

DeletedUser8632

They're not forced to participate in the event.

That's really not a very good argument. "I don't like events in general and I choose not to participate" is a reasonable stance but it is very much different from "I am forced to stop participating because I am at a dead end" or "I have to stop participating because the frustration with the event outweighs the enjoyment with the game".

P.S.
Since we were "instructed" to say something positive: I like the 14h boosters

DeletedUser7968

so you just skip over the negative posts and only read the positive ones ?

I thought this thread was for feedback on players thoughts ...not just to glorify the devs and say what an excellent job they are doing

DeletedUser7105

Why not put the three temporary military buildings (Enlightened Light Range, Magnificent Mage Multiplier, Unleashed Unit Upgrade) as daily prizes in Summer Mermaids? A lot of people want more of these, and they rarely come up in Crafting.

If putting all 3 as Daily Prizes is not feasible, how about letting the most valuable one, Unleashed Unit Upgrade, be one of the daily prizes?

Pauly7

Magus
Why not put the three temporary military buildings (Enlightened Light Range, Magnificent Mage Multiplier, Unleashed Unit Upgrade) as daily prizes in Summer Mermaids? A lot of people want more of these, and they rarely come up in Crafting.
Event daily prizes used to be our main source of those buildings, but with the advent of the MA crafting they stopped offering them as event prizes.

dbrad000

Alchemist
@Rilian , you like the event format. It is human nature to pay more attention to the posts that fortify your own thoughts and see as “negative” the posts that challenge your feelings about the event. My problem with your post is that you are our link to the developers. When you state that the overwhelming response to the event has been positive, you are reaffirming your own feelings while downplaying the reality of the feedback in this thread, and I fear that only the “positive” feedback gets passed to the developers. There is certainly a vocal minority of players on this forum who are happy with the event, but the vocal minority of players are simply the loudest people in the room and (based on the actual majority opinion in this thread) are not representative of the player base as a whole, as @Flame Knight posted:
I counted the like and dislike opinions in this thread, and came to a conclusion, if I counted right(, per player, not per posts):
Like the random questline: 10
Dislike the random quests: 24
@Rilian , you appear to see the “negative” posts as baseless criticism, but this is not the case. Like you, we are all dedicated players. We, as dedicated players, are trying to provide constructive criticism. Those of us who do not like the new format have stated the reasons we do not like the new format, and many of us have presented ways to improve the format for future events. I hope that constructive criticism gets passed on to the developers, even when it challenges your own feelings toward a particular aspect of the game.