• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Other Tourney Prize idea

DeletedUser7950

Looks like people are more concerned about prizes I've suggested than the idea itself. Would your opinions change if the prizes were different ?

For example a 2x2 building active for 5 days and producing 5h time boost every 24h for 1st place, 2h boost for 2nd and 1h boost for 3rd place.

Or

Make tournaments like a league for every season (4 times a year). Create ranking list for that and give something like a FA?

DeletedUser3571

I prefer the 11th chest idea rather than a top placement because it opens it up to all fs. if they put in a certain amount of effort than they know they will get that prize, rather than have to be on right at the end to fight it out like in adventures.

DeletedUser

"NO storm"

I do understand, and I know that being confronted by what seems like a wall of "NO" can be daunting. However...they have good reasons for their "no".

Basically everybody opposing the idea is saying it will not fit their play style.

That's really not a fair assessment of their rejection. They've all given you their reasons, and after reading through them again, I see nothing in their statements to indicate that their opposition to your idea has anything to do with it not "fitting their play style".

Make tournaments like a league for every season (4 times a year).

Why? For my part, Tournaments are fine the way they are and don't need to changed or added to. But that's just my opinion. ;)

DeletedUser5976

What about the effects on those players who didn't realise how powerful it was/ were away on holiday during the phoenix event / started playing after it was given away?
Perhaps a little off-topic, I did think about this, it would be nice if the Phoenix would be available once a year to those who missed it because they were away or started playing after the Phoenix. The building is a game changer and all players should have the opportunity to have one. And if it was made so that you could have no more than one of them in your city (though I believe a second one could be won during the event if you had gone through the first set of grand prizes, correct me if I'm wrong) or that the feeding effect wouldn't stack even if the other rewards could be won from both, it would even the field for new players.

Of course this would make the artifacts less rare than Inno initially announced, but I feel that with the additional quests most of us managed to get it to lvl 9 or 10. More artifacts could be used for other Phoenix buildings of course, but I for one wouldn't be placing the other ones, except perhaps for the looks of the golden duck ;).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7950

Why? For my part, Tournaments are fine the way they are and don't need to changed or added to. But that's just my opinion. ;)

Maybe I have to give more detailed perspective. Tournaments will stay the same, weekly prizes will be the same but with a little addition of a seasonal ranking. At the end of each season there will be additional prizes like FA. First FS will get a Gold Cup building, 2nd will get a Silver Cup building and 3rd a Bronze Cup building. Those will not be super duper buildings but something like FA prize buildings. After 3rd place down to 100 there can be additional prizes too like time boosters or unicorns.

DeletedUser

Maybe I have to give more detailed perspective.

When making a suggestion it's always best to make it as detailed as possible, especially when you want others to help flesh it out.

Let me ask you this: why do you feel that the Tournament needs additional prizes?

Pauly7

Magus
So much anger @AGEof68.

You made a suggestion. People disagreed. People told you why.

Somehow that translates to you saying everyone is not being constructive. To you I think constructive means agreeing with what you said and your reply backed that up because all you were interested in is everyone jumping in with slight variations of your own suggestion.

As an aside I don't think there would be anything wrong with the suggestions to give out a few ranking points or a congratulatory star.

DeletedUser7950

At current state Tournament does not have any competition element despite it's name. But FA is an Adventure with a competition element inside. I wanted that Tournaments have some competition too. FSs competing each other at FAs but not all FSs are FA oriented. In my opinion something additional for Tourney oriented FSs would be a nice addition.

DeletedUser

At current state Tournament does not have any competition element despite it's name.

Actually, it does. Beta and US servers have plenty Fellowships that are competitive Tournament players.

DeletedUser7950

Actually, it does. Beta and US servers have plenty Fellowships that are competitive Tournament players.

For me there is already some form of competition. But for some others :

I'm on the same server as you and no idea what server competition you are talking about... also, why would there need to be incentives for players once the 40k tournament points for 10 chests has been reached?

My idea is about spicing up the competition a bit.

DeletedUser7950

This is something you want for yourself, and you're hoping other players will want it too. Add a poll to the topic so they can vote.
Is it wrong? Otherwise what is the point having an ideas and suggestions section ?

DeletedUser

Is it wrong? Otherwise what is the point having an ideas and suggestions section ?

I don't know where that's coming from, because I did not say that. I said that this is something that you want for yourself, and you're hoping other players will want it too. Was I wrong in my assumption?

At any rate, adding a poll to your proposal lets people vote directly on your idea without having to engage in the conversation (or argument, as the case may be) if they do not wish to. It gives you at-a-glance an idea of where your idea stands.

DeletedUser7950

You have a point. If I ever want to share an idea again, I’ll definitely put a vote and save myself from most possible trouble.

Thanks for the tip.