• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Summer Solstice

DeletedUser9018

Of course I want to keep the Sharkapalooza! If only for entertainment reasons, plus the mystery :))). I am willing to wait until it has a definitive form.

EdwardTrunk

Soothsayer
Please open a ticket with Support if you have an issue with Wishing Wells or Sharkapaloozas.
I suspect a great many people won't be aware that they didn't receive wishing wells unless, like a couple of posters here, they used a huge number of sun flares and failed to win one. In addition, only a relative small percentage of players bother to read the forum. Presumably, no record is kept, even on a transient basis, of who won what?

Last edited:

Mr.Dave

Alchemist
I got 4 Sharkapaloozas while trying to get a Carting Library. Once the building is implemented, it would be nice to have a choice as to how many get converted to Carting Libraries. Maybe some sort of one-time "upgrade" option for Sharkapalooza, at no cost?

It was also nice (something of a miracle) to win the daily prize on every chest I opened last night. I've had days where I didn't win after 3 or 4 tries and gave up. For Venar's Rocks III, I had to open SEVEN of the chests with the highest chance of winning it. That was an expensive one!

Lelanya

Mentor
Being the only team member currently awake, I can make only two comments:

1) The debacle with the Wishing Wells should not have happened, and steps will have to be taken when the offices open on Friday. (edit to add:) Similarly, since the Event is advertising the Carting Library, we should not be handing out Sharkapaloozas instead.

2) The lists published on various 3rd party sites are based on the Beta version of the Event. As these are not official InnoGames sites, players use that information at their own risk, although including a building that does not yet have a graphic seems a little strange. But anyone who would name a building 'Sharkapalooza' definitely needs higher quality entertainment. :eek:

So Inno is publishing those lists now, so folks can plan how to spend their sun flares? Or we're just supposed to grab whatever item occurs on the last day? Inquiring minds want to know.

Deleted User - 1759805

So Inno is publishing those lists now, so folks can plan how to spend their sun flares? Or we're just supposed to grab whatever item occurs on the last day? Inquiring minds want to know.
I agree, I believe that knowing prizes in advance is important - how can we make informed decisions otherwise? I would be fine with not knowing what quests are going to be there and in which order. The results there are completely fungible (event currency). But if all I see is today's daily prize, how am I to know whether I want to spin today, or wait until later? I will likely just sit on the whole stash until the last day, then will have to blow it on something useless.

This would make events decidedly not fun.

Julian

Sorcerer
Absolutely agree. Inno should publish the list of daily prizes so we can target what we want. If they want mystery and make things harder, they could keep the quest list a secret.

DeletedUser4499

As far as I can remember, INNO only changed once before a daily prize due to some issues with it. Having them change the prizes now when it comes to live is plain awful, especially since all the exchanged prizes are part of the grand prizes list.
If INNO really decides to keep changing daily prizes after the event ran on Beta, then it might no longer be worth to actively participating. Not with the current kind of 'Grand Prizes' and this level of difficulty.
But I really hope that today was the last change for this event. I don't wanna end up collecting collecting for spell fragments.

Sir Derf

Adept
BTW, according to Beta, there is an upcoming mini-quest event that is aquatic themed. so I guess the Sharkapalooza is a mistaken pre-addition from there.

Deleted User - 1634960

No, Inno does not publish the lists. People playing on Beta keep track, and publish the lists. ;)

DeletedUser8921

BTW, according to Beta, there is an upcoming mini-quest event that is aquatic themed. so I guess the Sharkapalooza is a mistaken pre-addition from there.

I think probably the Sharkapalooza will be a prize in the event that the mini-event is a precursor to, but that's just speculation.

If it is a prize, does anyone have any thoughts about the fact that it seems to be yet another building that will drop t3? Although this seems a lot like counting sharks before they hatch. (Yes, a lot of sharks are live bearing, but they carry eggs.)

Oh, and would it be perhaps accurate to say that Inno jumped the shark with this "snafu"?

Deleted User - 1759805

If it is a prize, does anyone have any thoughts about the fact that it seems to be yet another building that will drop t3?
From what I've seen, Sharkapalooza is one of those buildings that change its output as chapters progress. I've seen supplies, I've seen T3 and I've seen seeds, so most likely it is similar to buildings like Black Lotus that will drop T3 only in very specific chapters - likely 6-8 only, which is not a big deal.

m4rt1n

Adept
I'm with you on that Pauly7, "Sharkapalooza"...... they must have been up all night thinking of that one

I'm looking forward to actually seeing the graphics on this one.
Maybe some sort of theme park event to be launched during the summer, I mean Wonky Walters hasn't returned yet so who knows. :p
Possibly the heat in Europe is affecting brain function over in Hamburg. :cool:

Last edited:

DeletedUser8921

Here's my overall thoughts on the Summer Solstice:

I ended up completing all the sequential quests and the dailies. I also completed Chapter 3 and entered Chapter 4 in time to get the buildings I wanted at the higher chapter level. I had not extremely bad luck with my rolls and got a total of 8 evolution items, enough to make a level 9 henge. So basically I'm in the same situation as I was at the end of the Phoenix event in terms of the evolution of the grand prize.

I collected a lot of great buildings (I accidentally got 13 wishing wells because I kept spinning for them on the day when they weren't dropping). Enough culture/pop buildings to last me easily through dwarfs. 9 Cozy Farms, which is I think 8 more than I need, but spell fragments are nice.

I still don't feel as excited about this event as I did the phoenix. Of course then I was new to the game and everything was much more exciting. But in some ways I am really beginning to see the point of more advanced players about the way an event like this can interrupt forward motion in a city. Granted, my city will be much better off than if there had been no event. But I'm sort of burnt out. Overall, I'd say the problem with this event and maybe events in general is that they are way too tactical, and strategy is what really grips me. I have ideas and philosophies I want to experiment with -- like what's the right balance of pop/culture and residences? And what's the right mix of t1/t2/t3 factories? Do I ever want to learn how to manually fight? Is there a point to sorceresses? Lots of other things to think about, but I've spent all my Elvenar time for a month navigating this event, and now it's hard to muster the enthusiasm for some of those things.

This is just my experience. And again, I'm reasonably happy with the prizes, although not nearly as enthusiastic about the Henge as I was about my fire chicken.

I wish there were events or contests or discussions where we could engage with the more strategic aspects of the game.

Pauly7

Magus
I had not extremely bad luck with my rolls and got a total of 8 evolution items, enough to make a level 9 henge. So basically I'm in the same situation as I was at the end of the Phoenix event in terms of the evolution of the grand prize.
Immediately after the Phoenix event ended they gave the opportunity for one more evolution to be won in the form of that challenge event. Maybe that will happen again. That said, in this case we have another event following straight after which doesn't look like it will offer one.
Overall, I'd say the problem with this event and maybe events in general is that they are way too tactical, and strategy is what really grips me. I have ideas and philosophies I want to experiment with -- like what's the right balance of pop/culture and residences? And what's the right mix of t1/t2/t3 factories? Do I ever want to learn how to manually fight? Is there a point to sorceresses?
This is the thing that has changed, I guess. When I first started playing there would be 4 'seasonal' events that were each a month long, but in between there (as I recall) would be just 4 more 10 day events, usually about halfway between the longer ones. There were no FAs or Challenges filling in the spaces either. This gave lots of time, as you say, for tinkering and redesigning your city, etc, or concentrating on tournaments. My guess is that they want to pack in tons more activities in the hopes of entertaining players more so that they will keep playing the game (or the cynical side of me says maybe it is just tons more opportunities to sell diamonds.)

The never ending stream of event prizes has also changed the nature of how people play the game. The 'set buildings' gave out so many (particularly T3) goods that people started getting rid of manufactories. So many good culture/pop buildings are now available to everyone that some people have no residences at all.

You mentioned your stockpile of Cozy Farms. When that prize first appeared in 2017 it was uber-exclusive. It was the third of three grand prizes in the Summer event and it was generally agreed that there was no way at all to win it without spending a considerable amount of diamonds.

Last edited:

DeletedUser3112

I am really disappointed to have tried quite hard in this event with such a poor return i have used diamonds and time bonuses and still only got half way through the quest. Not sure I will bother in the future. Soooo sad

DeletedUser3112

I agree with the feeling that this event was to time consuming for those of us in the later chapters, i tried quite hard but had to use up resources that would have been better spent elsewhere, and still only got half way through. i got very few of the daily prizes because i could not collect enough flowers to gain the chests. Very disappointing