• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Summer Solstice

m4rt1n

Adept
Serious question - with 5 day scouting, I would think that all the Solve Encounter quests would be a bigger problem than I expect. 104 Encounters is 13 provinces, subtract the 4 scoutings requested before final quest means you need to have 9 provinces pre-scouted before the event starts, so prepped a month and a half ahead of time. Or do you substitute Tourney Encounters? There are 12 quests asking encounters, the last three asking for 60, 65 and 70 Tourney Encounters, or 15 or more tourney provinces each. Do you sometimes have to wait for a tourney to start? Do you sometimes have to wait for a second, or third, tourney round?

I use a mix of both and had 8 province ready for the event so should manage. :)
Sometimes I have to wait on a tourney if it's running and I wait for the next round but say the quest came on a Sunday for example I would use map provinces. :)

LazyTony

Sorcerer
Serious question - with 5 day scouting, I would think that all the Solve Encounter quests would be a bigger problem than I expect.

I mostly complete those with tourneys, but since clearing world provinces has no real benefit for me anymore (tiny increase in some AW productivity) I always scout about 8 or 9 between events and leave them to clear during an event.

Deleted User - 1759805

Do you sometimes have to wait for a tourney to start? Do you sometimes have to wait for a second, or third, tourney round?
For me, that's all that's holding me back - need to align certain quests with tournament stages ;) Having said that, it's not that much of a drag, at least this time around. I should be able to finish 106 quests on live by tomorrow, and will only wait for #107 (75 tournament provinces) until next Tuesday. I would be able to wrap it up this week if willing to negotiate map encounters (I have enough pre-scouted). This obviously requires pre-planning with info from beta, and some space to spare - I have temporarily nuked most of my mana (over)production. All this is with almost full 7 farms/16 fields Halflings settlement. So it's still possible to complete this event in less than a week - even though it is definitely more difficult than the Phoenix one.

Any reasonably active tournament participant should have no issues clearing enough tournament provinces in total (perhaps except very early players who simply don't have enough scouted yet). So unless you want to supercharge your pace, there is no reason to clear map provinces for those quests.

However "Complete Provinces" have no such alternative - I believe there are 5 of those. For those, you probably want to have some open provinces in stash.

Deleted User - 341074

So basically, for a player who did everything right, there is a reasonable expectation of victory ;) You just said that end-game player does not have to have 5 day scouting times, but 2 days are quite possible (and that's more in line with what I would expect for chapter 14). I think we all can agree that end game player with 2 days scouting times and 5 scouting quests over 25 days should have no issues whatsoever (and your example confirms that).
I shared my personal experience so that you would understand that I'm not arguing for myself. Most players seem to only think about themselves on the forums so I wanted to be clear that I'm not.
Someone with 5 days scouting times massively overscouted. This means that they benefited from extra expansions, relics, KPs and runes - for which they paid with extended scouting times. That's extra benefit over someone like you who didn't scout that far. Just like in real life, extra benefits have a cost. But it was a choice they've made.
It's not as simple as that. The players with 5-day scouts are almost exclusively original players who had the rules changed on them after they scouted to the max expansions, and since then for years have had "scout only" quests in events each one compounding the problem. Maybe it was "a choice" but there was no possibility to make an informed decision since the rules changed later.
If you want to do a D&D RPG analogy, it's more like someone who pours all their available skill points into intelligence stat, and then they complain that their strength-based attributes like melee and carrying capacity suck big time.
Not really. It's more like a well-rounded player completed all available content except 1 quest type so they kept doing that while waiting for the next expansion. Years later the developer changed everything and gimped them for doing the only available thing for them to do.:confused:

Deleted User - 1759805

I don't think I understand the "total" and "max" categories. Can you explain?
By the looks of it, total is the - well - total requirement for the whole event. Max is maximum in a single quest.

E.g. for tournament encounters total is 505, and max is 75. So there are 505 tournament encounters that can count towards all the quest goals, with a single max one being 75 (that's quest # 107).

Timneh

Artisan
Serious question - with 5 day scouting, I would think that all the Solve Encounter quests would be a bigger problem than I expect. 104 Encounters is 13 provinces, subtract the 4 scoutings requested before final quest means you need to have 9 provinces pre-scouted before the event starts, so prepped a month and a half ahead of time

Personally i have my scout going all the time but only complete the number of provinces that i need to unlock the next chapter. Quite often i have all provinces scouted that are available but they are not completed. It works for me but others might not agree with it.

Deleted User - 1759805

Personally i have my scout going all the time but only complete the number of provinces that i need to unlock the next chapter. Quite often i have all provinces scouted that are available but they are not completed. It works for me but others might not agree with it.
You kinds of getting the worst of both worlds this way ;) You scout non-stop, so you lock in your ever growing costs (scouting time, cost of negotiation). But at the same time you don't get the benefit (until much later) - extra expansions, relics, KP etc.

I'd argue that either embrace overscouting and get the benefits (obviously, you can keep a few scouted but not negotiated provinces for the events). Or just don't scout way ahead if you're not planning to negotiate most of it in the same chapter. Just wait until the next Advanced Scouts, and your costs will be lower - and you lose nothing.

My 0.02.

Deleted User - 341074

I did much the same(scouting 24/7), but events came frequently and I progressed quickly enough that I never had more than a dozen or so open.
Delaying a single expansion in order to always crush solve x" ,"complete a province" and even "gain relics" quests is an excellent trade-off IMO.

Sir Derf

Adept
T1Boost (3, 9 24, 48)
Solstice - Quests 5, 5, 5, 3; Total 52, 45, 40, 19; Max 15, 13, 12, 9
P (134) - Quests 11, 7, 2, 2; Total 82, 52, 20, 12; Max 15, 12, 10, 6
Phoenix - Quests 9, 5, 0, 0; Total 52, 28, 0, 0; Max 10, 8, 0, 0
Carnival - Quests 5, 3, 3, 2; Total 39, 15, 10, 4; Max 15, 7, 5, 3
Winter - Quests 2, 2, 2, 0; Total 25, 21, 17, 0; Max 14, 12, 10, 0

I don't think I understand the "total" and "max" categories. Can you explain?

MinMax got it, but to be clear; Quests is how many Quests involved X, Total is how many X summed over all the Quests, and Max is the largest number of X asked for in a single Quest.

DeletedUser8921

I do try to scout a few provinces available for scouting (without completing encounters) before completing each mandatory squad size upgrade. (I found out about the disadvantages of doing the optional ones after I'd already done the first two of them, but at least I won't do any more.) Scouting before doing squad size upgrades should keep negotiating and fighting costs down slightly, as I understand it.

Deleted User - 1759805

I do try to scout a few provinces available for scouting (without completing encounters) before completing each mandatory squad size upgrade. (I found out about the disadvantages of doing the optional ones after I'd already done the first two of them, but at least I won't do any more.) Scouting before doing squad size upgrades should keep negotiating and fighting costs down slightly, as I understand it.
According to the in-game message, negotiating and fighting costs are solely determined by the scouting cost - and are fixed at the time of initiating scout. Scouting costs only go up with additional scouted provinces, and are ratcheted down once in a while with Advanced Scout tech. Squad Size should have no impact on that. On the contrary, increased squad size helps winning in fighting on the map - if you fight there.

The only tactic to lower costs would be to delay scouting until after the next Advanced Scouts tech, but you need to weigh it against missing on the benefits.

What you should be doing more right before activating SS upgrades is wrapping up as much tournament encounters as you can. That's where you can save quite a bit.

DeletedUser2006

I have discontinued play until the Elvenar Team gets this back to a "City Builder" rather than a "Quest, Quest, Quest" to waste players time game.
There is only one way to point the finger at the moment to why this game has gotten to this point and its not at INNO.
The players have allowed this to happen. They continue to play and give INNO their money. Why would INNO change? They are pushing the line in what the players will pay for. This event was the last straw for me. I said goodbye to my Fellowship and to the headaches that this game has been giving in greater quantities.

As for the topic of this Event, the players at the end where they HAVE to use speed ups to complete many in time, doesnt make sense. You spent the last or the last few events gaining those speed ups just to use them in the next event? Don't get to use them in your actual city once the next era/guest race comes. This is useless.
There are so many other points many people point out here about the problems with this event that its of no use in repeating them over and over again. The INNO fan boys will still tell you to go take a long walk off a short pier as if you are playing the game wrong.

Think about this: Take away the ability to know what the quests are for an event and you ALL are screwed unless you pay to win ;) (INNO loves all of those players). If true players play the game without having cheats (knowing the quests ahead of time), how many do you think would be able to complete due to the fact of so many rule changes over the years (mistakes made by previous teams without a good solution) have made it very difficult if the player is at the current end game?

Deleted User - 341074

I have discontinued play until the Elvenar Team gets this back to a "City Builder" rather than a "Quest, Quest, Quest" to waste players time game.
What would you do without any events after chapter 14? I would quit from boredom. How would you "city build" without new buildings?
Build troops+goods do tournament upgrade a wonder.
Repeat for 7 months until next race? Shoot me now...
Take away the ability to know what the quests are for an event and you ALL are screwed unless you pay to win ;)
I did it on Beta with no spoilers, around 10 log ins per week, 4-5 expansions for buildings and used some timers because I'm impatient. It's not that hard. I've never bought diamonds for anything.
how many do you think would be able to complete due to the fact of so many rule changes over the years (mistakes made by previous teams without a good solution) have made it very difficult if the player is at the current end game?
Like what? the scout quests have alternate options, so I'm not sure what your complaint its here?

Last edited by a moderator:

Timneh

Artisan
I have stopped doing the quests in this event now, i have done about half of them but i find this event a bit of a grind and no fun at all. I have around 3000 sunflares and i hope that will be enough to win the day 9 daily prize. After that none of the prizes appeal to me, but that's just me. I know that events and tournaments etc are the game for those players that are at end game but i think there are too many of them being thrown at us now. Maybe i will start to pick and choose which ones i take part in for a while. For me doing endless events and the like are just as boring as not having anything to do.

Fyrebird

Spellcaster
I have read a lot of the comments here and see there are many perspectives ranging from oh-boy-this-is-rubbish to how-can-you-NOT-complete-this-you're-so-stupid. My two cents worth is that people should just play the game in a way that is enjoyable for them and stop trying to make others feel like they are either stupid or failures. I probably won't get to finish this event (even though I'm working hard at it), but i'm okay with that. I'm picking up some cool goodies, the buildings i didn't like I recycled and I got to finish some provinces which I had procrastinated about for a while.

It's really great there are such competitive players in this game, just watch out for the ego, making others feel foolish is not cool. #justsaying :)

DeletedUser8436

I have just had the quest to get 4 enchantments. Had 3 done through the tournament collected a petfood from crafting. Why does this not count? as it shows up in Enchantments :eek:

FieryArien

Necromancer
I have just had the quest to get 4 enchantments. Had 3 done through the tournament collected a petfood from crafting. Why does this not count? as it shows up in Enchantments :eek:
Ouch. That’s really unpleasant news. Thank you for sharing that. (And I hope it will get fixed in the future.)

Deleted User - 341074

Just a guess, but perhaps they made pet food a non-enchantment so that Encorcelled Endowment wouldn't prevent you from using your phoenix.