• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Summer Solstice

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss the upcoming Summer Solstice event.

We're looking forward to your feedback!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

DeletedUser1874

1) Unnecessarily difficult quests compared to the last event, which didn't feel like a chore; this one on the other hand will, especially for beginners and those in the end-game;
2) Stonehenge is very underwhelming and not worth placing even at stage 10 if power-playing, even after the adjustments (or especially after them, given how its KP production, which was probably the only redeeming feature, was reduced) it underwent on beta. The only thing going for it is that it looks pretty.
3) Extreme disappointment over the need for Tier 1 Boosted goods, especially after the Crafting Challenge showed the technical ability to allow for any Tier 1 good to be used in such events. This is extremely unfair to people with 2x2 boosted goods.
4) Every building up to day 15 (and probably for the whole event given the trend) is recycled, and one of them (the Spring Flower Cage) had already been offered twice in the past event. I'm not entirely against recycling, as there'll be opportunity to upgrade some old buildings without the use of RRs, and see some buildings that were deleted due to lack of usefulness during the years but were nice, but at least something new other than Stonehenge would've been nice.
5) The already-irritating RNG aspect of the chests seem to have worsened and %s look even more irritating.

Before anyone chimes in and say we can only complain, I'll point out that my judgement about the last event was very positive. This event however looks pretty bad in every aspect.

DeletedUser5093

I'm honestly looking forward to replacing my Herds Gathering, and picking up some of the really big buildings that I missed out on when they were first offered, like the Great Auction. Getting some more mana huts and wishing wells certainly couldn't hurt either. The Stonehenge looks gorgeous, but is otherwise nothing too special, so I'm thinking I'll focus on dailies for this event.

It's hard to say at this stage how I feel about the quests, chests, etc. I'll just wait and see.

Timing is great though. ;) I'll hit the halflings chapter some time tomorrow.

DeletedUser3718

Hello! The Building is so Pretty and nice. But I really believe that if you would give the Building a little bit of more Culture Buffing... Will be awesome!.
Why Culture? → It will give Sun to Our Cities.

Ok lets imagine that you don't believe a fixed better stat in Culture could work because it would be unbalancing.

What do you think about "feeding" the building in the same way you do it with the Phoenix Buildings we have. "In the same way a Druid Ritual casted in a Stonehenge to give sun to Our cities." It could be for a Duration of one day as our Fire Phoenix Building and 300% Culture as our Bonus in the Aureate Phoenix Building.

I just imagine this situation: A Workshops Challenge, You feed your Stonehenge for the Ritual, You feed yor Storm Phoenix. And with the Sun of a Summer Solstice Stonehenge where is casted a ritual. Now your City has a bright day to do the Challenge.!

In that way imagine giving the opportunity to a player to buy a Scroll to Feed their Buildings. we are buying Magical Residences, Magical Workshops, KP's, Expansions.... Beautiful buildings to get more essence in the events... and Scrolls for our Buildings when real life gives us one day to buff our beautifull Elvenar Cities, or to feed them in one of those beautifull events you are giving us the joy to play.

I want to remark something. This building is really beautifull!. And the artwork in all the evolving stages is amazing!. And I really don't want to waste the opportunity to use the Building because the stats are a little bit low.

Thx a lot for the Event Inno Games!. What a wonderfull work with the art of the Building!

Last edited by a moderator:

Piglets For All

Soothsayer
I have a city on Beta and the relief of nearly being done with this event is massive, but toned down by knowing that its about to start here... as has been said before, we had the Craftsmen Challenge where we could use ANY factory and not just boosted was such an improvement, so why have we taken a step backwards and have to use our boosted T1? Luckily I'm marble here, but any elf with steel or human with steel or planks is immediately at a disadvantage.

The quests are ridiculous for people at all levels... I'm in Chapter 3 and all those quests to either clear world map provinces or tournament provinces are very difficult to do for those of us who can't clear masses of provinces - I clear 2 or 3 provinces a day, so clearing 102 (the total from the quests if I made that choice) would take me 51 days! So, let's change it and do the tournaments instead, I have 5 or 6 open provinces now for goods and generally do up to round 5, 5 provinces for 1 round is 20 encounters... wonder how long its going to take me to clear 510 encounters over the whole event... just over 25 days... and I haven't done any other quests!

My favourite combination of quests is:
107 15 world map encounters or 75 tournament encounters
109 9 relics
110 7 enchantments

Have the Devs actually tried this event on a small city???

At least the silver lining is that the Stonehenge and evolutions give a lot of fragments.

Pauly7

Magus
Are the quests really difficult? I mean, as a rule with these events most people (especially those looking at the quest lists) finish at least halfway through the allotted time, generally leaving a couple of weeks to spare. Some people pride themselves on finishing sooner than 10 days in.

All I'm saying is that the last at least three main month long events I have played pretty much blind without looking quests up in advance - mostly because I didn't feel that strongly about any of them. (I'll admit I did have a little cheat when the surprise extra quests appeared on the last one). When there have been quests like the above "75 tournament encounters" I've waited for those tournament rounds to appear, (or some I've taken the world map quests if I decided). Essentially I've played them at my own pace. There still hasn't been one that I haven't finished.

I agree that this event is too soon though. Are we now going to have a month quest every two months rather than every three? The worst thing of all is the Stonehenge looking so underwhelming though. Considering this and the fact that it's all recycled daily prizes again I'll be playing through just trying to pick up time boosters.... but that's no bad thing. I'll happily start productions and pick up junk out of the forest if I'm going to be given some treats.

Piglets For All

Soothsayer
Are the quests really difficult? I mean, as a rule with these events most people (especially those looking at the quest lists) finish at least halfway through the allotted time, generally leaving a couple of weeks to spare. Some people pride themselves on finishing sooner than 10 days in.

All I'm saying is that the last at least three main month long events I have played pretty much blind without looking quests up in advance - mostly because I didn't feel that strongly about any of them. (I'll admit I did have a little cheat when the surprise extra quests appeared on the last one). When there have been quests like the above "75 tournament encounters" I've waited for those tournament rounds to appear, (or some I've taken the world map quests if I decided). Essentially I've played them at my own pace. There still hasn't been one that I haven't finished.

I agree that this event is too soon though. Are we now going to have a month quest every two months rather than every three? The worst thing of all is the Stonehenge looking so underwhelming though. Considering this and the fact that it's all recycled daily prizes again I'll be playing through just trying to pick up time boosters.... but that's no bad thing. I'll happily start productions and pick up junk out of the forest if I'm going to be given some treats.
I'd say that individually they aren't difficult to do, but its the relentless repeating of them over and over again - for instance why are there 12 quests which ask for world map or tournament provinces?

Or how about the 52 relics which need to be collected via 9 quests which are ONLY for relics, and of course there are other relics which can be collected with an collect this Or that quest.

The enchantment collecting is hard work as well, in theory you can collect them from the MA, but if its only level 2 then it takes a ages to get enough, especially when its quest 110 with 7 enchantments of your choice, there is also from doing NH, but I rarely get 1 let alone 3! If you're already keeping tournament provinces for those clearing quests then you can't use them for enchantments and then the only other way is to wait until the end of the tournament but that could mean using time you don't have. Oh, and there are 26 enchantments needed over 6 quests.

It seems to me as if they have this evolving building to use as the grand prize, plus they want us to be able to evolve it, but in order to get enough evolutions we need a lot of quests. There are a certain number of different quests and so they are just rotated with the numbers getting bigger and bigger.

This is taken from the beta forum and was posted by me regarding those tiny lvl 1 factories: "...when I look at the last few quests its an absolute nightmare for 2x2, tiny cities will struggle to get quest 113 done with 36 squares needed for 9 x lvl 1 for 2 days and if they're trying to run quest 112 at the same time then that's another 44 squares, plus of course the roads and I'll be charitable and say 20 road spaces - so that's a total of 100 squares for both being underway - 4 expansions for an event!!!

Squeezing 1x2 or 2x1 into a small city is a pain but doable, finding room for all those 2x2 buildings is horrendous and will either result in selling off existing buildings or just giving up.

This event has no buzz to it, no feeling that its a must do, more like a could do, its just a drag with same old same old and some horrible choices. We've moved on from set buildings to evolving buildings and, for me, it hasn't been a good change.

It seems to me that we've gone from a city building game which has some events periodically, to a game driven by events with a city building on the side between events.
"

There are just too many events, no time for a break between, Easter was late which has made the gap between East and Summer events a lot shorter than last year.

Last edited:

Deleted User - 1759805

There are just too many events, no time for a break between
I don't get this complaint at all. You want to have a break? Take a break. There is absolutely no requirement to participate in an event, or a FA, or a round of tournament. You can skip any of those if you want to focus on something else.

Piglets For All

Soothsayer
I don't get this complaint at all. You want to have a break? Take a break. There is absolutely no requirement to participate in an event, or a FA, or a round of tournament. You can skip any of those if you want to focus on something else.
This thread is to discuss the event itself, if we all adopted the above there would never be any point in replying when asked for comments...

I've been playing this game since the very beginning and seen many changes over that time, I'm commenting on this event as I see it because I've already played it on Beta.

EdwardTrunk

Soothsayer
Before anyone chimes in and say we can only complain, I'll point out that my judgement about the last event was very positive. This event however looks pretty bad in every aspect.

Have to agree with all of Vetrinus's comments regarding this event, especially the remark about the difficult quests which include no fewer than FIVE "Scout 1 Province OR Research 1 Technology" quests which is a killer for anyone who has completed or almost completed the later chapters in the game. Personally, I'll give this one a miss. :(

DeletedUser5037

Too soon after last "big" event and, to be honest, it takes me nearly five days to complete ONE scout, so any "Complete x Scouts" quest is not a viable option to me! (I am nearing my 550 scouted provinces! Sorry, Innogames, but that was the only way we could expand our cities back when the game was young! ^_^)

This "SUMMER EVENT" is not for me, but many thanks to Innogames for giving new(er) players the chance to get decent stuffz to help them grow their cities far faster than we could 3-4 years ago! I remember the days before the MA and Enchantments; we built our cities pure and simple; with RESOURCES! Settlers-style, but without all of that annoying micro-management rubbish to slow things down further!

m4rt1n

Adept
Have to agree with all of Vetrinus's comments regarding this event, especially the remark about the difficult quests which include no fewer than FIVE "Scout 1 Province OR Research 1 Technology" quests which is a killer for anyone who has completed or almost completed the later chapters in the game. Personally, I'll give this one a miss. :(

Its a killer for me, just about at the end of the Constructs and 70+ hour scouts. :(

davemc

Bard
I have payed it in BETA to a point and don't find it interesting at all. The Stonehenge looks at bit lame. I have just finished constructs so a bit of room for workshops . But plenty of KP available so will just plod along. Reap what benefits are given. I wish i could get relics to upgrade my timewarp though :) Out of 43 provinces in last tournament not 1 timewarp relic apart from using broken shards

Piglets For All

Soothsayer
I have payed it in BETA to a point and don't find it interesting at all. The Stonehenge looks at bit lame. I have just finished constructs so a bit of room for workshops . But plenty of KP available so will just plod along. Reap what benefits are given. I wish i could get relics to upgrade my timewarp though :) Out of 43 provinces in last tournament not 1 timewarp relic apart from using broken shards
As an off topic - are you doing the build/sell in order to free up broken relics from those Ancient Wonders which are you aren't having in your city?

Deleted User - 384643

Even at level 10, the Stonehenge just isn't worth it the room to place it, so I'll simply be focussing on some good daily prizes and disenchant the Stonehenge and its upgrade instants for spell fragments. Still looking forward to this event, though. Want to replace my old Chicken Glade and Venar's Rocks I, perhaps some old mana huts as well, and for the rest I'll be going after 4x 14h time boosts and maybe a few of those 30KP instants as well.

Loads of free time boosters and KP instants tend to be the best part of the events anyhow. :p