• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Too much cross-tier trading

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
Isn't that what the offer and demand options are for?

You can use them that way. However there are 6 combinations for each of the 6 tiers (yes, some of us take their boosted goods to help smaller players) to have the same effect as the cross tier filter. Using 36 combinations of the filter is just not sensible, IMHO. And I cannot imagine that a cross tier filter could be that hard to implement...

I also like Ulysses' idea with the flexible amount of goods. Alas, it tends to get buried here.

Deleted User - 341074

Using 36 combinations of the filter is just not sensible
Exactly. Give me a single crosstier filter and I'll help out every player within my considerable reach by taking every single remaining 2 star trade regardless of my boost, but make me go slowly or use 36 filter combos to avoid bad trades and I'll just keep using the FS only filter and never help any of the other 600 players in range of my cities and we can keep adding more abandoned towns.

OldHag

Necromancer
I didn't count the possible options to be honest, but fair point if it's 36. I may live in a smaller market area, but I haven't found the current system to be a problem, but I play on a laptop and no idea what the market would be play like on a phone.

DeletedUser7324

Exactly. Give me a single cross-tier filter and I'll help out every player within my considerable reach by taking every single remaining 2 star trade regardless of my boost, but make me go slowly or use 36 filter combos to avoid bad trades and I'll just keep using the FS only filter and never help any of the other 600 players in range of my cities and we can keep adding more abandoned towns.

...and that's what I've been meaning to say, in the long run, this overwhelming majority of disadvantageous trades kills the market and the game. (Again, not talking about helping out a smaller player in one's fs with some extra goods as it benefits the whole group.)

DeletedUser5093

The main problem here is the over abundance of T3 goods from recent events for lower level players, and a quick glance at the beta forum suggests Inno is about to make the problem far worse. :(
By my rough estimate, a level 10 version of the event's prize building gives about 1-2 manufactories worth of tier3 goods if it's in the dwarves, fairies or orcs chapters. Add to this the 3 manufactories worth of tier3 we get from the Jester's Tavern, and roughly 1 manufactory worth that comes from the snow owls set, and it's pretty much a recipe for ridiculous levels of inflation.

Wowwie

Soothsayer
Filters through trades all the time , mobile I only use for visits ,
I have unfortunately have clicked on or misclicked on bad trades but you do recover from and learn to click slower to avoid the mishap
whether you have 100 cross trades or a 100 even trades there is no different especially with they are not the trades you want
you still have to search a list
of trades no matter what
maybe its only an overall annoyance to some
to me annoyance are players posting trades is mega amts and too high of sums(250k Elixir for 250k Dust )x20
i cant reach to take especially on a trade of goods i desperately need :)
so we deal with it and keep on scrolling through to find what we want

DeletedUser6013

The problem is not only the fairness of the crosstrades. Even if I accept only fair 3:1 crosstrades, this leaves me at the end with huge amounts of tier3 and chronic scarcity in tier2 and tier1. I'd rather ask those guys who present those crosstrades to solve their goods unbalance issues themselves instead of foisting them on others via crosstrades. After some events and the resulting inbalance I sold one or two tier3 manus in several cities and built tier1 and tier2 instead, and I see no reason why others cannot do the same.

I accept crosstrades only within a fellowship and only when there are good reasons for it, e.g. depleted after tournament (beginners with bottom-up crosstrades are always accepted). The rest of them I regard as so much spam - with the natural disaffection most people have towards spam.

m4rt1n

Adept
The problem is not only the fairness of the crosstrades. Even if I accept only fair 3:1 crosstrades, this leaves me at the end with huge amounts of tier3 and chronic scarcity in tier2 and tier1. I'd rather ask those guys who present those crosstrades to solve their goods unbalance issues themselves instead of foisting them on others via crosstrades. After some events and the resulting inbalance I sold one or two tier3 manus in several cities and built tier1 and tier2 instead, and I see no reason why others cannot do the same.

I accept crosstrades only within a fellowship and only when there are good reasons for it, e.g. depleted after tournament (beginners with bottom-up crosstrades are always accepted). The rest of them I regard as so much spam - with the natural disaffection most people have towards spam.

I could not agree more. The trader is full of 100's of pages of cross tier trades for me.
Hardly anyone does regular trades anymore as it appears half the players are no longer making T1 and T2 goods.

I'm currently building extra T1 and T2 factories but have said I will no longer take any cross tier trades unless to help a fellow out in special circumstances.

Pauly7

Magus
I could not agree more. The trader is full of 100's of pages of cross tier trades for me.
Hardly anyone does regular trades anymore as it appears half the players are no longer making T1 and T2 goods.
I would love to have 100s of pages of trades to pick from! :)

The truth is, as I always say, there's no such thing as an unfair trade as no one is being compelled to take them. As for those cross-tier trades, it's all about supply and demand. If no one takes them no one would be posting them.

LazyTony

Sorcerer
Spam has a cost @Pauly7 , in players valuable time. There is a reason why most countries regulate unsolicited email, regular mail and calls.

And the reason why there are so many of them is that they aren't taken - the majority linger like a bad smell for 7 days until the system takes them down. Remove the limit on quantities we can post so I can finally post a fair 1 to 1 t3 for t1 trade, remove the star system so rip offs aren't advertised as good deals, and make the next few evolving buildings and set buildings produce t1 and t2, so goods balance is restored. Problem solved.

Pauly7

Magus
Remove the limit on quantities we can post so I can finally post a fair 1 to 1 t3 for t1 trade, remove the star system so rip offs aren't advertised as good deals, and make the next few evolving buildings and set buildings produce t1 and t2, so goods balance is restored. Problem solved.
This, I am in complete agreement with! The star system and the allowed trading ratios are ridiculous, as I have probably said at some point in this same thread.

I get the point about spam, but would people really bother to keep posting pages and pages of these trades only for them never to be taken? That seems like a waste of everyone's time.

I do cross-tier trade when re-balancing having already posted all my same tier trades, at the lowest ratio allowed for 1:3 trades. It is unusual for any of my trades to remain above an hour later. Still I would love for the rules to be thrown out and just let everyone trade at whatever ratio is beneficial. That would be an entirely fair marketplace.

m4rt1n

Adept
This, I am in complete agreement with! The star system and the allowed trading ratios are ridiculous, as I have probably said at some point in this same thread.

I get the point about spam, but would people really bother to keep posting pages and pages of these trades only for them never to be taken? That seems like a waste of everyone's time.

I do cross-tier trade when re-balancing having already posted all my same tier trades, at the lowest ratio allowed for 1:3 trades. It is unusual for any of my trades to remain above an hour later. Still I would love for the rules to be thrown out and just let everyone trade at whatever ratio is beneficial. That would be an entirely fair marketplace.

Yes, I see the same trades sit there for 7 days then get replaced with the same trades on a weekly basis.

As for the 100 pages, I'm ch14 so get all the cross tier trades of Arendyll for T4,T5 and T6 also.

It seems the same problem has entered Sentient goods, but most cross tier there are 0* trades on Arendyll and 60 of them are by a player here who posts argumentatively against 90% of the suggestions made.
In my opinion some players only have one sentient goods factory unlike all 3 I have and try to cross trade for all the requirements.

I put up 2 trades 1:1 earlier today for T3 wanting T2 and they are still sat there, having solved 470+ provinces.
There is a BIG problem and I do hope the devs take notice. :)

Last edited:

DeletedUser7324

Still I would love for the rules to be thrown out and just let everyone trade at whatever ratio is beneficial. That would be an entirely fair marketplace.

I would agree to this if we could produce all goods in equal quantity. But the game decides if you're going to be lucky and produce a much-wanted tier or not so lucky and be stuck with something that is already present in abundance on the market in which case you have to constantly sell under value / and spend more on production. This doesn't create equal conditions for everyone. On top of the average two-thirds of trades in my list being cross-tier, I've been noticing a rise in same-tier inequal trades. The trader is becoming increasingly competitive and I am not sure that I like these new dynamics.

Pauly7

Magus
That's the beauty of it @Mullebutz. Everyone will have a slightly different opinion of how much each thing is worth and they'll have to make their own decisions. Hopefully that will create an interesting split across the traders. Perhaps some people will offer something like 12k gems for 10k marble.

What I'm hoping for is for there to be no "tiers" at all.

DeletedUser8921

Speaking of helping out fellows: A friend of mine was recently asked to post a trade of their non-boosted tier 2 good for a fellow's tier 3 good at a ratio of 4 tier 2 to 1 tier 3.

How do you politely educate a fellow that such a trade is unfair? In this case, the player being asked for the tier 2 was substantially smaller than the fellow with the tier 3, so it wasn't a matter of a large player helping out a smaller one.

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
friend of mine was recently asked to post a trade

This is already a bad idea. IMHO, the one who needs something has to post the trade, with the only exception being quests.

How do you politely educate a fellow that such a trade is unfair

I think a better approach would be to educate your fellows that accepting a cross tier trade can cause them a goods imbalance. Tell them not to accept such a trade unless they know what they're doing and are very sure that they can afford it.

At the moment cross tier trade is no longer about fairness, at least for me. I'm flooded with tier 3 goods and cannot accept any cross tier trade offering them, no matter the trading ratio.