• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Constructs

DeletedUser4503

I find it seriously disappointing & off putting that once you reach Constructs that the only way to get more expansions is to buy with diamond - for me this game is now finished

Deleted User - 384643

There is one more expansion in the tech tree--same as Amuni guest race.

DeletedUser4503

I see that but it's still not right that you have to buy extensions rather than earn them through Provinces :(

Deleted User - 384643

Well, you don't *have* to buy them. A lot of players just make do with less room and/or buy a few premium expansions with diamonds they win in the game by completing chapters and collecting from Wishing Wells. So you don't really have to spend a dime.

DeletedUser1874

It is rather off putting when you feel like you can either progress through a chapter doing the questline OR participate in seasonal events, FAs and so on because there's simply not enough space for it. Really wish they'd get rid of the "have all the 16, huge guest races buildings + equally huge portal placed at once" quest, and similar ones, or made them declinable. Especially since with portal boosts, it now feels utterly useless to have so many guest races buildings, so they're only really there for the quests. Which is what, in the end, 200 diamonds and a useless 1x1 cultural building? Meh. Disappointing is the right word for it indeed.

Deleted User - 384643

You don't have to do those quests, either, if you don't want to.
I didn't want to spend a huge amount of mana & sentient seeds to build 30 new roads, so that's where I stopped doing Constructs quests.
When the next guest race chapter is released, I can decline the quests I can't/won't do of the Constructs chapter and start doing the quests of the new guest race... till I once again reach a quest that I don't want to do ;)

DeletedUser1874

You don't have to do those quests, either, if you don't want to.
I didn't want to spend a huge amount of mana & sentient seeds to build 30 new roads, so that's where I stopped doing Constructs quests.
When the next guest race chapter is released, I can decline the quests I can't/won't do of the Constructs chapter and start doing the quests of the new guest race... till I once again reach a quest that I don't want to do ;)
That's what some of my FS mates told me, too - but I opened a ticket just to be sure and support told me that's not the case. :/

Deleted User - 384643

Huh? Support is wrong. Once you're in the next guest race you can decline any quest of the previous guest race.
I didn't finish the Amuni quest line, either, and once I started Constructs I could decline any Amuni quest I didn't want to do.

Killiak

Artisan
I see that but it's still not right that you have to buy extensions rather than earn them through Provinces :(

The info on this has been in the Elvenar Wiki for years now. Even for the premium expansions, there is maximum you can get.

DeletedUser3097

That's what some of my FS mates told me, too - but I opened a ticket just to be sure and support told me that's not the case. :/

Huh? Support is wrong. Once you're in the next guest race you can decline any quest of the previous guest race.
I didn't finish the Amuni quest line, either, and once I started Constructs I could decline any Amuni quest I didn't want to do.

Just to make sure, since February 2018 you can decline Quests from a previous chapter once you have completed the first Research. If you decline a Quest, you would forfeit the rewards. The exception to this is anyone in the Constructs' chapter, as you cannot yet complete the first Research of the next chapter!

DeletedUser1874

Just to make sure, since February 2018 you can decline Quests from a previous chapter once you have completed the first Research. If you decline a Quest, you would forfeit the rewards. The exception to this is anyone in the Constructs' chapter, as you cannot yet complete the first Research of the next chapter!
As I said in the ticket, that's excellent clarification, especially since I had missed those patch notes - thanks again!

Deleted User - 384643

^^Like I said...

DeletedUser4503

Well, you don't *have* to buy them. A lot of players just make do with less room and/or buy a few premium expansions with diamonds they win in the game by completing chapters and collecting from Wishing Wells. So you don't really have to spend a dime.

I placed 2 Wishing wells & in 48 days of collecting I have amassed a grand total of 25 Diamonds - gonna take a while :(:(:(

Heymrdiedier

Enchanter
I placed 2 Wishing wells & in 48 days of collecting I have amassed a grand total of 25 Diamonds - gonna take a while :(:(:(
Please dont be offended, but i think you didnt collected very often?
48 days means 96 collections, with a 10% chance of getting diamonds, that means you should have gotten 9 out of 1 wishing well. So with 2 wells, you should have gotten at least 15, the chance of only getting one is:
(0.9)^191 = 0.000 000 001 8, so basically impossible 0.00000018%.
I sure hope i didnt make math error here :)

DeletedUser1874

^^Like I said...
Yeah, it was a matter of miscommunication with support, likely due to the language barrier (English isn't my first language, and its quality deteriorates quickly when I'm tired). But all has been solved and the reminder to the patch Dizzy Lizzie helpfully posted could be of use to others :)

DeletedUser4503

Please dont be offended, but i think you didnt collected very often?
48 days means 96 collections, with a 10% chance of getting diamonds, that means you should have gotten 9 out of 1 wishing well. So with 2 wells, you should have gotten at least 15, the chance of only getting one is:
(0.9)^191 = 0.000 000 001 8, so basically impossible 0.00000018%.
I sure hope i didnt make math error here :)

I'm not offended in any way but I will point out that I collect regularly at least once per day & I cant state that up to now ( I have 58 days left on each) I have amassed a grand total from the 2 of 75 diamonds - not much of a return for 80 days collecting :(