• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Change of the star rating of the trader

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
The trader evaluates each trade and assigns 0 - 3 stars. 2 stars means that the goods wanted have the same value as the goods offered - a "fair trade". 1 or 0 stars indicate an expensive/very expensive offer and 3 stars indicate a bargain.

The vast majority of players as well as the game developers agree that goods of the same tier have the same value. In this case the star rating makes sense and allows for a quick overview.

In case of cross tier trades, things are not so easy. Most players will agree on a value ratio of tier 1 : tier 2 : tier 3 of about 1 : 2 : 4. The developers go for 1 : 4 : 16, and some players advocating for 1 : 1 : 1 - some even think that tier 3 is less valuable than tier 1 and 2.

There is no agreement about a correct ratio. It is different for every player. Given this fact, the star rating will be wrong for almost everybody.

My suggestion is to keep the star rating for same tier trades, but to drop it for cross tier ones. Cross tier trades should always have 0 stars, with an explanation popup saying that the trades incorporate different tiers of goods, and that therefore no adequate trading ratio can be determined.

This will have an impact on the sorting of the trades - the cross tier trades will appear among the genuine zero star rip off trades. I do not believe that this will have much of an impact since most players do not accept either outside the fellowship.

m4rt1n

Adept
I do agree that 1:4:16 is not fair as such taking into account the footprint of manufactories and the costs involved in production.

Most trades I place cross tier I place at 1:3 and rarely place a double cross tier trade but when I do I usually do 1:6. They get snapped up very quickly qiven the current cross tier star ratings.

Wowwie

Soothsayer
my cross dble bak cross trades is 1:4 100 for 400
reason I m out of t1 and only have t3 to trade with and its not a greedy trade 400 adds up really quick and it helps smaller cities as well gain t3 at a half decent amt, and does not deplete another's supply , totally make s for good trading neighbors as well as fellowship trades :)

Deleted User - 341074

I totally agree. I used to clear the trader in a huge area around me to help out anyone who posted, but those sneaky cross-tier trades made me stop.
sneaky2.png

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
trade.jpg

15999 marble are far less valuable than 1000 elixir? I think such a info popup is misleading. (I should have been proud to post such a great offer, but instead I deleted it before anyone notices;))

Inno's default values for cross tier trades are perceived as being non-realistic by most forum users. Every player has a different idea of what a correct trade ratio might be. Martin uses 1 : 3 : 6, Wowwie uses 1 : ? : 4, my fellowship suggests 1 : 2.5 : 5 - granted, these values are close.

If I'm low on some tier, I cast a MM spell on the respective manufactory. A level 27 tier 3 manu produces 27% more goods than a level 27 tier 1 manu. So one MM spell buys me more tier 3 goods than tier 1 goods, making tier 1 goods more valuable than tier 3 goods! This scenario suggests 1.27 : 1.23 : 1 to be a fair ratio.

Some event buildings produce decent amounts of goods of different tiers (mostly tier 3). This makes trading ratios even less predictable than they have been before the existence of these buildings.

I think that there are too many things influencing the value of the different goods that it is too complicated to find a correct trading ratio. Without knowing this ratio the star rating and the info popup do not make sense.

The Trader is only as good and We the Players make it :)

True, but we players need better information. Please don't tell us that 15999 marble are far less valuable than 1000 elixir.

Deleted User - 341074

Consider also that for any player more than halfway through the game all event buildings give T3 making it even less valuable. The jesters tavern itself produces more T3 than 3 max level factories running 9/9/3.

E.G. My beta account has Jesters, Krarak, and sleds making just under 200,000 T3 per day. To make 16x that much T1 I would need 143 factories. :eek: