• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered time change?

• Thread starter DeletedUser4149
  • Start date

DeletedUser4149

did elvenar change their clocks this week?:confused:
it looks like they did. if so, then some of us have to deal w/ 4 time changes per year.
a notification would have been nice.
i lost a LOT of tournament rewards due to this and have to make a 2nd adjustment in less than 4 weeks.
also, mana and seed decay times changed.
i've said this before, not everyone who plays this game lives in europe. half of our server's icon is an american flag.
i know i could have checked the tournament clock but i have no idea when the heck they change their clocks in germany or wherever the game clock comes from. i didn't expect this. it would be nice if the game makers or elvenar community would consider that they have foreign players on an international server.
if i'm wrong, then i'm sorry and please delete this post.
if i'm right, the i think i have a right to be :mad::mad::mad:

DeletedUser4149

that doesn't sound right to me.
aren't there any canadians, americans, or australians out there who experienced the same thing?

m4rt1n

Adept
Elvenar uses UTC, but even if they used local time, I would not see any reason to get mad. Time was switched in the EU well after the tournament ended.

Yes, but the tournament was 1 hour shorter last week for some reason.

In the UK it had been finishing at 9pm and I missed out on more points also due to the 8pm finish on Saturday.

I believe Inno changed their clocks about a day earlier than they should have been changed.

DeletedUser4149

In the UK it had been finishing at 9pm and I missed out on more points also due to the 8pm finish on Saturday.

I believe Inno changed their clocks about a day earlier than they should have been changed.
thanks for letting me know i'm not crazy:) i don't think it was just the tournament. mana decay times changed from 10pm to 11pm and back to 10pm for me in the last month. it would have been nice if Inno would have told its players that their country was changing their clocks. i had no way of knowing this was going to happen but obviously, Inno did and didn't seem to show much consideration for its foreign players.

m4rt1n

Adept
Checking the start time of this weeks tourney, it has moved forward 1 hour, to compensate for European Daylight Savings being introduced at the weekend so here in the UK will start at 6pm still unlike previous years where in summer time it would start at 7pm in the UK.

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer

If I remember correctly, the last tournament started one hour earlier, and ended one hour earlier. So same duration.

compensate for European Daylight Savings

I'm sure they would not compensate one week before the actual time switch happens? In the 2 years I'm playing Elvenar, they never cared for Daylight Savings Times. Tournaments started at 19:00 CET in winter and 20:00 CEST in summer, which translates to 18:00 UTC in both cases. They changed the starting and ending times, but it has nothing to do with summer/winter time switch.

I live in Germany, and I was caught by surprise by this too. No unfairness against foreign players here. An announcement would have been nice, but the remaining time is displayed in-game.

And maybe someone could tell us the reason for the change.

m4rt1n

Adept
The steel tourney was definitely 1 hour shorter, I was going for a high score, so started at the very beginning and it was 6pm UK. The time change seemed to happen mid tournament, so instead of ending at 9pm UK, it ended at 8pm UK.

How do you know the time switch had nothing to do with daylight savings?

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
The timing is just plain wrong. It makes no sense to switch before Sunday 2:00 CET. And they never cared before (at least not in the 2 years I'm here). And they would gain nothing from it.

/Edit:
I'm referring to M4rt1n's question "How do you know the time switch had nothing to do with daylight savings?"

Last edited:

DeletedUser4149

thanks, folks. i feel better knowing that this was an issue for a few of you too. .
THEY SHOULD CONSIDER NOTIFYING US NEXT TIME.

DeletedUser5093

This caught me out as well. It would make sense to have the game servers on a single fixed time-zone year round, rather than making multiple adjustments throughout the year. I don't know why they don't do this.

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
It would make sense to have the game servers on a single fixed time-zone year round, rather than making multiple adjustments throughout the year.

That is exactly what they are doing. They just made a one time adjustment to the tournament timings, for some reason that they haven't shared. Maybe this has something to do with the increased duration of the tourneys?

DeletedUser5093

That is exactly what they are doing. They just made a one time adjustment to the tournament timings, for some reason that they haven't shared. Maybe this has something to do with the increased duration of the tourneys?
No, I don't think this is correct? Plenty of other time related things have changed, such as when mana decay occurs. Seems to be a daylight savings adjustment or similar.