• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.74

DeletedUser4149

I actually could not agree LESS. Why should some players be discriminated against just because they are new to the game ? Maybe if there were a few things aimed more towards new players there would not be so many abandoned cities all over the map. I do agree that it would be nice if events were optional other than just ignoring them.
because the game should be challenging for players of all skill levels. higher level players quit too, especially when they take too long to come out w/ new chapters and don't have much of anything that's interesting for advanced players. they're already giving away 1000s of fragments for anyone in a fellowship that can get 3 chests in this adventure, for example. earning the chess set isn't much of an achievement when almost anyone can do it.

there are plenty of rewards that beginning and mediocre players can get, especially when events are very easy. players can also develop into more advanced players so they can get higher rewards in the future. this would give them a goal that would be more satisfying to reach, instead of having everything handicapped for them.

take a look at a definition of the word game, taken straight from a dictionary-
A game is an activity or sport usually involving skill, knowledge, or chance, in which you follow fixed rules and try to win against an opponent or to solve a puzzle.

there should be chance and skill involved and not just hand out the same prizes to everyone.

they already took a lot of the skill out of events when they created instants and gave everyone too many

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4149

Protip: if you can fit
31 workshops
36 T1
3 t1+1
3 t1+2
You can finish the main questline in ~10 hours. 17 if using tournament for relics.
26 ws &31 t1 for a 24h finish

Not counting upgrade quests, but that's what instants are for ;)

here's an example of how easy they made the carnival event.
now this is impressive and an extreme case. but does it really seem challenging to give a player like this 25 or 30 days to solve that quest list?
instants already made things too easy.

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
if they have more difficult achievements, they would likely have greater rewards

I wonder what those "greater rewards" would be. It cannot be buildings with better stats, or diamonds since these would give you an advantage that spoils your game by making it easier. To make the game more challenging, the requirements must go up while the rewards stay the same.

Maybe you want those better rewards to achieve even better for even better rewards? A handful of players having insane amounts of everything, while the rest just quit in frustration?

Both scenarios are less than desirable to me

here's an example of how easy they made the carnival event

All you need is 31 workshops and 42 manufactories connected to your main hall :rolleyes:

DeletedUser4149

@FieryArien
This got me thinking. Chapters ask you to fill the portal 3.5-12 times, and your level 1 BTG is carrying 6% of that load.
Let's pretend your BTG is doing 10% of the work, and your chapter needs 10 portal fills.
A portal profit building pumps out 25x5% for 125% fill. If you don't perfectly collect from it, you can still easily get 20 from it.

Basically, a single little 2x2 trading post or a 2x3 Elvenade Supply Carriage is better than a level 5 BTG
here's another example of how easy they've made things and made a wonder that takes time and effort to build weaker than a single event building. they took a lot of the skill out of planning guest races too.

Timneh

Artisan
@yo momma love me i am not prepared to get involved in an argument or long discussion with you over such a small thing and take this thread further off topic so all i will say is that if you want a more challenging game perhaps you should think of finding a new game to play as this one does not seem to challenge you enough. Thats all i'm going to say on the subject.

Deleted User - 341074

I actually could not agree LESS. Why should some players be discriminated against just because they are new to the game ? Maybe if there were a few things aimed more towards new players there would not be so many abandoned cities all over the map.
It's entirely possible that players quit in part because they have access to everything right away and decide that it isn't enough to keep them interested. Perhaps if they were only given just a taste of certain game aspects it would give them something to strive for. It's a rather common marketing concept and works well for a reason. This is why the spread of RR is really well done now with virtually every player getting an RR but those who actually try can get 15 per week.

A lot of people made fun of the "everyone gets a participation trophy" generation and "entitled Millennials" but it's spread much further than just them.
Just look at how you phrased your sentence: "Discriminated"? Seriously? If someone does less and they receive less, then that's "discrimination"? That used to be called "fair"

Maybe you're right, and that's how new players feel. Maybe we should double the number of popups that say "AWESOME". I hope not though.

I wonder what those "greater rewards" would be. It cannot be buildings with better stats, or diamonds since these would give you an advantage that spoils your game by making it easier.
This is a tough problem for devs to overcome, but I would argue that "power creep" is already a serious issue. Players at the end of the chapters are growing in number and if you are at the end for 3 major events waiting for the next chapter, the rewards need to be really good for you to care about the third one- certainly better than all of the stuff you won in the first 2.
A possible solution is to make some things harder and yes, give better rewards for them.

Yes, the circle continues where you get better stuff that you need to complete more challenging content to get better stuff...
But that is literally the whole idea behind a plethora of successful games that people love.
When I play an RPG and trade my old sword for a new one I earned which does 50% more damage I'm thrilled. The fact that enemies gained 50% more health in the next area doesn't bother me at all.

Deleted User - 341074

All you need is 31 workshops and 42 manufactories connected to your main hall :rolleyes:
It's about 22 expansions which anyone between guest races 9+ should have close to.
Keep in mind, that was for a 10h finish. It's just as possible to do it with a very reasonable 4-5 expansions and under a week.
I'm not saying that the challenge should be "Can I even finish the event completely in the month provided?", but maybe it also shouldn't be "Can I finish it before dinner?"

Killiak

Artisan
"Can I finish it before dinner?"

Some people can, and that might be the challenge they like.

However, in this discussion some people seem to have forgotten about their earlier days, when they were still milling about with the dwarves or fairies. Especially now that overscouting has a hard limit, space is more of an issue in the lower chapters and KP's are less fortcoming if you don't have space for loads of event buildings.

I'm afraid that both @yo momma love me and @SoggyShorts are reasoning from a point in the game that makes any challenge seem insignificant.

Deleted User - 341074

I'm afraid that both @yo momma love me and @SoggyShorts are reasoning from a point in the game that makes any challenge seem insignificant.
Nah, I can't speak for yo momma, but I make test cities all the time to give better Beta feedback, and the game just keeps getting easier. I even play without a FS sometimes to offset my game-knowledge advantage and it's still crazy how easy the game has become at pretty much all stages.

Also, I'm exclusively F2P on every account so with a couple of bucks the few challenges there are would become even more trivial.

Killiak

Artisan
Nah, I can't speak for yo momma, but I make test cities all the time to give better Beta feedback, and the game just keeps getting easier. I even play without a FS sometimes to offset my game-knowledge advantage and it's still crazy how easy the game has become at pretty much all stages.

Also, I'm exclusively F2P on every account so with a couple of bucks the few challenges there are would become even more trivial.

I am afraid your skill and knowledge has surpassed any puzzle or challenge this game could possibly offer you, regardless of whatever content (in the broadest sense of the word) was added over the last year. Nothing could possibly offset it.

Which was exactly my point ^^

Deleted User - 341074

LoL well even if that is the case, then I stand by my position that things would be OK if they were a little harder:p

Deleted User - 341074

Maybe they should make a special world; where all AW's take twice as much KP for every level, Fellowships are 10 people max, enemies start off as 3-star right away, and set-buildings do not exist? :p
In all seriousness, I would pay a subscription to play on a server that had no diamonds, no pushing, and if they fixed ranking.

DeletedUser4149

In all seriousness, I would pay a subscription to play on a server that had no diamonds, no pushing, and if they fixed ranking.
i would rather have diamonds not be a factor and just see ads on the loading screens. maybe wonders called " statue of ronald mcdonald", "golden arches", or "throne of the burger king"?:D

DeletedUser4149

@yo momma love me i am not prepared to get involved in an argument or long discussion with you over such a small thing and take this thread further off topic so all i will say is that if you want a more challenging game perhaps you should think of finding a new game to play as this one does not seem to challenge you enough. Thats all i'm going to say on the subject.
you don't have to. lots of folks were expressing their opinions that changes to crafting were too costly and blueprints were too hard to get. i feel that many changes are making things too easy so i am expressing my opinion that i'd like to see things get harder to be more challenging for some of us. being able to craft or upgrade any type of building that we want is now even taking a lot of the luck and skill out of winning and having the right type of buildings that we want and need. instants already took a lot of the luck and skill out of the major events.

Pauly7

Magus
Hmm, interesting debate raging after I didn't look here for a couple of days. My first unsorted thoughts are:
  • Sometimes Inno does make this game way too easy - I look particularly to the shorter events where anyone will complete it almost accidentally even if they never look at what quests are coming next. The rewards tend to be a very nicely designed new and unique building which sometimes seems disproportionately good.
  • 10 hour or 24 hour completion of a main event only comes from looking up spoilers so as was pointed out to me more than once, if it's too easy why keep reading from the sites that give away that info
  • Conversely, sometimes this game is way too hard for way too poor a reward - i.e. Fellowship Adventures
  • A good prize is more satisfying if attaining it was a challenge that you are not guaranteed to achieve, i.e. the blueprint
  • I am not in favour of the game becoming elitist which leads to a "rich becoming richer" scenario where only the top few can be a part of the potential glory of the game. Again here my example is Fellowship Adventure. There is a nice achievement for the top 10 fellowships only. If people don't feel like they are in the running for those positions then they lose all interest in the idea.
So yeah, I have a bit of different sides of the argument in me, I think.

Deleted User - 341074

10 hour or 24 hour completion of a main event only comes from looking up spoilers so as was pointed out to me more than once, if it's too easy why keep reading from the sites that give away that info
Even on Beta with no spoilers and no warning it only took a few days. If you've done a major event in the last 2 years you can simply guess what the quests will be with 90% accuracy.
We've already had a couple of events where the quests were a 100% repeat from an earlier event, so with a decent memory you don't even need spoilers.
Conversely, sometimes this game is way too hard for way too poor a reward - i.e. Fellowship Adventures
I don't think the FA is actually "hard" at all- fewer than 30 badges per player are required to get all of the non-ranking prizes. If the interface was the same as the Challenges event then most fellowships could complete stage 1&2 by accident.
It's just the walking-barefoot-on-glass-to-climb-into-a-dumpster-fire interface that is hard to deal with.

A good prize is more satisfying if attaining it was a challenge that you are not guaranteed to achieve, i.e. the blueprint
I fully agree.
I am not in favour of the game becoming elitist which leads to a "rich becoming richer" scenario where only the top few can be a part of the potential glory of the game. Again here my example is Fellowship Adventure. There is a nice achievement for the top 10 fellowships only. If people don't feel like they are in the running for those positions then they lose all interest in the idea.
I don't think anyone wants that. It's certainly not what I'm suggesting. Surely there is a lot of room in the middle ground between "everyone gets a prize for showing up" and "only that guy gets a prize" I just think we should push the needle a wee bit further away from blue ribbons for everyone

OldHag

Necromancer
I've not seen an RR spell to craft yet, but I have 0 blueprints.

I have a question though....what are these blueprints for? I'm assuming they are the ones you get from the tournament chests?

Pauly7

Magus
I've not seen an RR spell to craft yet, but I have 0 blueprints.

I have a question though....what are these blueprints for? I'm assuming they are the ones you get from the tournament chests?
A blueprint is awarded to all members of a fellowship who open the 10th chest in a tournament. It is used to upgrade a magic workshop or residence. It can now also be used to craft 10 x Royal Restoration spells.