• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

New Rune Shard recipe extremely unbalanced.

• Thread starter Deleted User - 341074
  • Start date

Deleted User - 341074

I find the Spell fragment requirements to be a bit extremely high on the new recipe.
It's very possible to get 20 RS per week(2 per day from set buildings and 6 from the tournament), so where to get the 5200 SF to craft KP from them?
Disenchant 100 PoP spells? That's ridiculous.
Nuke 44 squares of event buildings? Good luck sustaining that.

Instead, I propose the following changes
  • Increase the Rune Shard cost by 100%
  • Reduce the Vapor reward by 100%
  • Reduce the Spell Fragment cost by 90%
Or
  • Double the KP reward
  • Double the rune cost
  • Keep the VV
  • Replace SF with CC
broken recipe.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 341074

maybe if they started putting through more of the challenges to earn the SF & CC it would help. we've only had 2 challenges since its introduction.
Yeah I mean if the flow of CC and SF was high enough, then I'd pay any price for anything. But you're right, we should have more of those challenges anyways, I thought they were fun. Perhaps inno doesn't want to further highlight that the FA quests are ridiculous now that the challenge system has been invented?

Pauly7

Magus
Hmm, Inno is creating fires as fast as they are trying to put out other ones with this crafting feature.

The trouble is that they are scared of giving away too much too quickly so, like we have seen with Royal Restoration, they create a solution that people have been asking for, but then they make that thing really hard to attain because they are bit worried about game impact and, most particularly, the effect on diamond sales.

The point I will make again, first of all, is that I thought that this recipe was the thing billed as the answer to players' backlogs of rune shards that they had been asking for, not broken shards. Broken shards never stockpile as we can only keep 10, so to that degree I think it is a largely useless recipe anyway.

The other concern, which comes back to Inno trying to limit usage, is how scarce they are anyway. I received (luckily it seems) 2 x 10 Royal Restoration recipes and 1 x broken shard / KP recipe on the first day of release and since then I have seen nothing more of either one. I have also only seen one craftable unit upgrade in the last three weeks. These are the only things that I am interested in crafting.

I understand, up to a point, the RR recipes being quite rare, but have they also made other things even rarer too? My crafting menu is 24/7 clogged up with relics to craft, comedy unicorns and other small culture buildings, coin rains and supplies instants. I would like to hazard a guess that all these things are useless to 90% of the people 90% of the time.

Lelanya

Mentor
Absolutely @Pauly7 I am seeing almost all junk in the Crafting recipes.
I need Grounds of the Orc Strategists to replace the ones I won 2 years ago but they only appear in the same 2 cities (I am currently playing 5 with a mix of activity level).
I need RR spell in 3 of them and have seen that a whole twice, once in a city where I could not use it, of course.
It's shameful

EdwardTrunk

Soothsayer
Agree with all the posts that have been made in this thread regarding both the crafting recipes in general and specifically the RR spells. At the current rate, I estimate that I'll have converted all my blueprints into RR spells in about 20 years time! OK, perhaps a slight exaggeration but let's just say we're talking several years. :mad:

Deleted User - 341074

Broken shards never stockpile as we can only keep 10, so to that degree I think it is a largely useless recipe anyway.
Every single day I collect Broken Shards from my event buildings and get nothing because my bar is full. Every tournament I earn more Broken Shards but I get nothing because my bar is full.

If they stockpiled I might be able to use them someday, as it is they are gone forever- a complete waste.

m4rt1n

Adept
Every single day I collect Broken Shards from my event buildings and get nothing because my bar is full. Every tournament I earn more Broken Shards but I get nothing because my bar is full.

If they stockpiled I might be able to use them someday, as it is they are gone forever- a complete waste.

I could not agree more. I estimate I would have several hundred if the bar allowed.

Pauly7

Magus

OK, good point. Still, I meant that you only ever have a max of 10 to get rid of at one time though and I usually spend a good portion of that time thinking that I'm going to need some soon.... Although to argue my own point I've usually got an AW set aside to use up my broken shards when I need to.