• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Does anyone else name their streets?

DeletedUser5093

Just wondering if anyone other than me tends to name their streets? I just do it for fun. It serves no other purpose. If you do this too, share your street names. I'm curious to hear what everyone else has come up with. :)

In my Felyndral city I have the following:
Wonder Way (formerly Main Street) - a long straight road that stretches all the way from my main hall to the opposite side of the map. All my wonders are on this road.
Jester Court (formerly Willow Road) - a cul-de-sac off Wonder Way, which has all my willows and the carnival set (including Jester's Tavern).
Mana Hut Lane - a non-upgraded street off Wonder Way, which has all my mana huts.
Arachnid Avenue - a short street along the north-east edge, which has all my silk manufactories.
Market Drive - a curving street that comes off Wonder Way, and ends at my market.
Portal Place - a dead end street off Market Drive that has my woodelves portal near the end.

If you visit my city you can probably identify which is which, since they all tend to be named for local landmarks.

DeletedUser7744

This is awesome. If only we had some sort of landmark planks that we can write on. (Which can also be used to pinpoint BH and Wonders lol) But mine would be boring though, since my city's small it'd only be North street, South street, West street, and Here Be Dragon street.

DeletedUser5093

I would love to be able to put some little sign posts on street corners, which allow me to name the streets so that others can see, or point to major landmarks, especially for the purpose of directing neighbourly help.

And I like your Here Be Dragons Street. I'm guessing your market is on that street? Your other names are completely fine though. No worse than my Main Street. ;)

DeletedUser7744

And I like your Here Be Dragons Street. I'm guessing your market is on that street?
Market? Did you mean the Trader? The Trader's on the West street actually. It's quite fitting, really. "The Wild West" the townsfolks used to call it. A place inhabited by people with questionable characters where there is no law and people cross-trading like there's no tomorrow.

Here Be Dragon street lies at the opposite side, near the Magic Academy where people with more questionable characters dabble in potions and stuff at shameless prices preying on hapless tourists.

DeletedUser5093

Yes, sorry, I did mean trader, not market. :p I can never remember all the names. I've just realised my Market Drive is probably misnamed.

I love your stories behind the street names. Very creative! Here Be Dragons Street does make sense with the magic academy and all the shady characters it could attract. I like it!