• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Carnival

DeletedUser5976

They got more candies for the sequential quests (well those who finished them before the nerf). Not too bothered by that since that is Beta and this is Live. However both changing the candies and then throwing in this building double the price is what I don't like.

Deleted User - 106219

Just a note about this event's premum building that gives +1 Candy: The tooltip says notihng about Culture. The previous such buildings had some (small) Culture bonus. This one seems to have nothing despite being twice the price. I'm not going to buy it just to check if the tooltip is wrong, or if it really has no Culture.

Oh, and it lasts for less time, too, since this event is shorter.

kimkimkim

Summoner
according to GoK the event outpost does have culture......
Screenshot.png

m4rt1n

Adept
according to GoK the event outpost does have culture......View attachment 3561

Thank you, but this morning when I got the pop up asking for £10 I felt cheated and let down by Inno games as not only is the building live for a lot less time, due to the shorter event but the price rises at 100% inflation when we are already suffering especially in the UK with big real life price rises was like a kick in the teeth, from my escapism game.
I would have happily paid £5 like other events, but this time the late nerf then the attempt to sell a 22 day building for £10 upset me somewhat in real life as well. :(

£10 in the Uk will buy me...
A 2x2 expiring 22 day building giving a little extra candies for an extra event
5 large loaves of bread to freeze and 36 tins of beans to prepare for brexit no deal. :(
Fuel to drive 150 miles (approx 200k)
A sky cinema pass for 1 month so I can watch the Oscar's and have 30 days of top streamed movies included.
A Fish supper for me , my wife and son.
Half a Ryanair on sale flight from here to Spain for 1 adult.
4 large Beers in the pub etc...

Last edited:

kimkimkim

Summoner
I totally agree with the majority, too many variables have also made my decision not to buy....price, time and culture ( I could craft something better with same size)

DeletedUser803

also the chances of winning the daily prizes are 5%, 10%.? according to the chests?

DeletedUser7309

There seem to be too many buildings in the carnival set for them to be adjacent to each other. Has anyone worked out the best way to lay them out.
I expect this comment will jinx my chance of getting them all so it becomes irrelevant as soon as I post it :oops:

kimkimkim

Summoner
@Gomplett - GoK has info on how all 5 pieces go together, they say that this set is very easy this time to achieve maximum link bonuses on each building, since some buildings only offer 2 or 3 link bonuses, even though there are 5 in the set. - but here is the set layout from 1 of the pieces I have
Screenshot.png

Pauly7

Magus
also the chances of winning the daily prizes are 5%, 10%.? according to the chests?
I noticed this and wondered if I'd just had some bad luck. I thought I would have a quick tilt at the 4 x 14hr instants this morning and I didn't spot any chest with a greater than 15% chance of winning the daily prize.

None of the grand prize buildings are culture / pop, which is fine, but it does mean I would rely on spotting some good ones amongst the daily prizes if I wanted to replace previous ones and have the daily prizes been made much harder to win? If it's not a coincidence then there are now a few things that don't smell quite right with this event.

Luckily for my sensibilities I just don't get involved in the whole set-building malarkey, mostly because I don't want to carve out a huge footprint in my city which is designed as I like it already. For those that do it occurs to me that replacing a previous set for the new one may be difficult because you would be replacing culture / pop buildings with manna producing buildings. If you have already used that population then you would need to solve the replacement some other way.

Deleted User - 341074

According to my calculations completing the set should still be possible if you finish all the quests, pick up at least 15 candies per day and avoid opening bronze or green chests.

• 180 flags to unlock the whole set
  • average candy per flag ignoring bronze and green chests is 18
  • 180*18=3240 candies needed
  • you gain 2145 candies from sequential quests, 770 from dailies
  • 3240-2145-770=325 candies missing
  • 325/22=14.77 candies you have to pick up in your city every day
source: https://elvengems.com/carnival/
Possible, yes but for many it won't happen.
Your calculation is based on receiving an average number of free candies when you open chests, therefore if everyone followed those numbers exactly, then about half are going to fail.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7309

@Gomplett - GoK has info on how all 5 pieces go together, they say that this set is very easy this time to achieve maximum link bonuses on each building, since some buildings only offer 2 or 3 link bonuses, even though there are 5 in the set. - but here is the set layout from 1 of the pieces I haveView attachment 3562
Thank you, I will copy that slavishly ....
Sorry to be completely dim but what is GoK ??

DeletedUser6357

Real Play Counts:
893 candy for 40 flags (I got lots of 20 candy boxes for 1 flag) and 505 candy for 21 flags.
Average - 23 candy per 1 flag.

Sir Derf

Adept
With pre-knowledge of the quests, a week or two of resource building and scouting, and again having the luck of just starting a new chapter, so having a lot of room for temporary buildings, plus a couple of instants, I was fully prepared for the quests.

Since there were no double days, there was no incentive for opening chests on a particular day for the set. I decided that my main goal for the dailies was to collect crafting wisps, for which the best daily was today's Elven Float at 3x5 squares.

My plan was to save all my candies for today, day 6. In the sequential quests, I was up to #67 at the start of the day. I have just completed the final, #85, with 5 hours to go.

If my notes are accurate...

I have spent all my candies earned so far today, 2,791.
I opened 82 chests, receiving 750 bonus candies (+27%), for a total of 3,541 candies.
I received 143 flags, earning the first 7 Grand Prizes (4/5 set buildings). :)
I also won 10 Elven Floats, for 150 squares of disenchantable building, worth 13,500 Wisps at my current Level 3 Magic Academy. :D

At 143 flags from 2,791 initial candies, that's a 19.5 candies/flags return. :cool:

That leaves 15 days of 35 candies daily quests plus let's say 25 candies pickup, for possibly 900 more candies, with 37 flags to go, so attempting 24 candies/flag return. :( I should be able to get GP8, the Carting Library, probably not the Jester's Tavern setpiece 5/5 :mad:

Deleted User - 341074

@Sir Derf
I'm confused, if you averaged 19.5 candies per flag then why do you later use 24 candies per flag in your calculations?

DeletedUser3571

i think what he got so far is 19.5. and he would need get an average of 24 to get the last