• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Old portals needed after progressing to new chapter?

JoJo the Bold

Adventurer
Apologies if this has been addressed in another thread, I couldn’t find anything when searching the forum...

I’m just about to progress to Fairy chapter and wondering if I’ll need to keep my Dwarven portal when I do? It doesn’t look like I’ll be needing granite or copper for future research?

If I don’t need it, is this also the case when progressing to other future chapters?

Thagdal

Sorcerer
you will get a quest to delete your dwarven portal. most keep producing copper and granite so you can build the roads for your chapter, then delete all the guest production buildings.
this goes for all subsequent guest race chapters.

DeletedUser2838

You are not into the next chapter UNTIL you have filled and activated the first research box of that chapter. You must keep the previous visiting race buildings until then - you may still need them if the quest boxes haven't caught up with your style of play. Many have been caught out with that and have had to rebuild! You will continue to hold any excess granite and copper although you won't be able to see your stores of them. But you can continue to use them to build dwarven roads until one or the other runs out.

DeletedUser6798

Hi all, I apologise for perhaps being a pain however I am a little confused with the sale of the dwarves portal quest.
After selling the dwarves portal I have found that the mines and foundry’s become unconnected and unable to function. The quest immediately following the sale is to reconnect the buildings that are now disconnected. I get this, however this quest is not clear as to what they need to be connected to. I have tried various types of roads to no avail..This leaves me to conclude that i must research the fairy portal and install that as a means to connectivity..
Can anybody clarify the for me please.
Thanks
Mae

Thagdal

Sorcerer
I think they can only be connected to the dwarven portal. You can decline the broken road quest and just delete the granite and copper producers as you cant use them without a dwarven portal. Reseaching the fairy portal wont help as it is a different guest race.

DeletedUser3097

Hi all, I apologise for perhaps being a pain however I am a little confused with the sale of the dwarves portal quest.
After selling the dwarves portal I have found that the mines and foundry’s become unconnected and unable to function. The quest immediately following the sale is to reconnect the buildings that are now disconnected.

It sounds like your quests are behind where you are in the game. Your Research is at the start of the Fairies but your quests are at the start of the Dwarves since you are being asked to build dwarven buildings.

The best thing to do would be to contact Support and we could check if this is actually the case then advise you on your options.

Pauly7

Magus
After selling the dwarves portal I have found that the mines and foundry’s become unconnected and unable to function. The quest immediately following the sale is to reconnect the buildings that are now disconnected.
This is strange. There shouldn't be a quest to reconnect mines after you've already had the quest to sell the portal - which is a fairy chapter quest already. If in doubt just decline it, as Thagdal says. Maybe you're stuck in some sort of loop.

Sir Derf

Adept
I believe the explanation is simpler than that.

The "reconnect disconnected buildings" goal is not a normal quest event. A normal game progression would never have you produce a disconnected building, and so the normal list of quest goals would not have an entry of "Dwarves quest x of y: now you must reconnect you disconnected buildings."

No, this is a quest item that is triggered to occur because you have disconnected buildings, intended to nudge you back on the path of normalcy. Normal is to first have the portal, then have the granite and copper connected to the portal, and finally to remove all of them together. I saw this quest mid-chapter when I temporarily had a mine or two I left disconnected while building some temp things for an event or challenge or something.

If you want, you could build the dwarf portal again and reconnect to the granites and coppers, which I believe would complete the quest. Or you could decline the quest and sell the granites and coppers.

I had wondered, but hadn't tried it myself, to see if I could trigger this quest intentionally later. Free quest rewards simply for temporarily disconnecting a mine or two for a while.

Heymrdiedier

Enchanter
I believe the explanation is simpler than that.

The "reconnect disconnected buildings" goal is not a normal quest event. A normal game progression would never have you produce a disconnected building, and so the normal list of quest goals would not have an entry of "Dwarves quest x of y: now you must reconnect you disconnected buildings."

No, this is a quest item that is triggered to occur because you have disconnected buildings, intended to nudge you back on the path of normalcy. Normal is to first have the portal, then have the granite and copper connected to the portal, and finally to remove all of them together. I saw this quest mid-chapter when I temporarily had a mine or two I left disconnected while building some temp things for an event or challenge or something.

If you want, you could build the dwarf portal again and reconnect to the granites and coppers, which I believe would complete the quest. Or you could decline the quest and sell the granites and coppers.

I had wondered, but hadn't tried it myself, to see if I could trigger this quest intentionally later. Free quest rewards simply for temporarily disconnecting a mine or two for a while.
you can only get that quest twice (with different amount of coin rewards). Completing or cancelling it means you wont get it again.

Deleted User - 1634960

This has not been said, and should be. If you are ready to progress to the Fairy Chapter, and have received the quest to sell the Dwarven Portal, you no longer need Granite Mines or Copper Foundries! Just sell the Dwarf Buildings, decline the 'disconnected' quest, and you will move on as you should. ;)