• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered When does an idea get forwarded?

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
When an idea is posted in the "Ideas and Suggestions" section, what does it take to get forwarded to the devs? Do you need a poll, or x people saying they support the idea, or y likes on the opening post or something else. I'm curious because there is a suggestion that I pretty much liked to see implemented.

DeletedUser5976

I would also like to have an answer to this question, so if it's the numbers, I second this ;)

DeletedUser7733

https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/ideas-and-suggestions.5474/

What happens with the suggestions that have been made?

The Elvenar Team is reading your ideas and suggestions on a regular basis, and is forwarding the ones with most potential to be taken into consideration. This, however, does not mean that everything that's been forwarded can or will also be implemented. The Elvenar Team gets a lot of suggestions, and always has to make choices about what to implement - on top of any ideas that they already have themselves!

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
Thank you CleverAngel, but I already found this. The mods are "forwarding the ones with most potential to be taken into consideration." Still I'd like to know how the potential of an idea is determined.

DeletedUser7733

Thank you CleverAngel, but I already found this. The mods are "forwarding the ones with most potential to be taken into consideration." Still I'd like to know how the potential of an idea is determined.

Where does it say that mods are forwarding ideas to developers? The post says that "Elvenar Team" is reading the ideas and that could even be the developers.

DeletedUser5976

If the devs are reading them, they wouldn't need to be forwarded to the devs. And independent of who is reading them, it would be nice to know how potential is determined. However I don't expect it to happen and here is why, reacting to suggestions will probably give a lot discussions. People will get disappointed if their suggestions are marked as no potential. The ones marked as having potential will create expectations and if it turns out to be not possible or takes long to realize there is a lash-back.

DeletedUser7733

If the devs are reading them, they wouldn't need to be forwarded to the devs.

It really helps to read the information we're given properly, it does avoid a lot of confusion and can even prevent unnecessary arguments. There's nothing said about forwarding to the developers specifically (there's more to the company). I might sound picky but it does help, there's no intention to upset anyone. :)

However I don't expect it to happen and here is why, reacting to suggestions will probably give a lot discussions. People will get disappointed if their suggestions are marked as no potential. The ones marked as having potential will create expectations and if it turns out to be not possible or takes long to realize there is a lash-back.

I fully agree. I don't think we'll ever fully know what exactly is going on inside of Inno. It's still good to voice any suggestions we have and we never know, we might get lucky! :D

DeletedUser5976

There's nothing said about forwarding to the developers specifically

Hahahaha true, I took a short-cut. Knew you would notice. Although there is more to a company I don't think the developers would have to forward suggestions to management or marketing department. I'm sure the other parts of the company have other things to do than think about player suggestions. However theoretically it's a possibility ;)

DeletedUser7733

We can play this game with words forever! :D Any other ideas who Elvenar Team is? I'd go with "anyone who works on Elvenar". ;)

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
Wow, one page with replies yet farther away from an answer than in the beginning :rolleyes:. Forwarding of ideas seems to be different for the different servers. There are additional sections available on some. Some set up polls to decide whether to forward an idea or not. I do not care about who forwards to whom, or if the cleaning staff is involved. My question is simply:

Which are the requirements to get an idea or suggestion forwarded to the next instance?

Thank you

DeletedUser7733

Wow, one page with replies yet farther away from an answer than in the beginning :rolleyes:. Forwarding of ideas seems to be different for the different servers. There are additional sections available on some. Some set up polls to decide whether to forward an idea or not. I do not care about who forwards to whom, or if the cleaning staff is involved. My question is simply:

Which are the requirements to get an idea or suggestion forwarded to the next instance?

Thank you

The way I understand it, everything gets read and considered. But of course, it can be twisted to our liking or convenience. I think that cleaning lady would do great job! :p:D:rolleyes::cool:

DeletedUser3451

just because it isn't said explicitly who is reading the suggestions and to whom they are being forwarded, it does not mean that it isn't how it happens. there are numerous if not countless examples where community managers and moderators here are replying with "it has been forwarded". because explained or not, the developer's job is to develop and the community manager's job is to read any communication and forward it through the proper channel. there is zero reason for us to expect it to be different here, hence the only one logical reason to inject such speculations into ongoing discussion is to annoy and upset....

back on topic :
it might not be explained to us how the potential of an idea is measured but it suffice to be reassured that there is no personal bias whenever it comes to suggestions. i do need to be sure that ideas and feedback will be forwarded and not ignored just because the reading mod/community manager does not like the author, or the idea itself. because lately i am not convinced this isn't happening. if they do not read their support tickets (or they read them but do not understand them) i am in my right to expect anything.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3451

So, the mods read the suggestions, and forward them if they feel like it. They will not disclose whether they actually have read something, forwarded or rejected it. I hope that this is not actually happening :eek:

Please shed some light on the issue, @Dizzy Lizzie @Rilian
i do hope it is not happening. but we need to be certain that personal bias is not part of the process. we should be able to know if our ideas are deemed to have potential or not, even if it is through a pm or anything. there is no point for us to suggest anything that is doomed by default not to be done. and we know about few such things , like the option to take buildings in inventory while rearranging city layout, or the option to rotate the map. but that is not much of a guideline. also, what does potential mean in this matter - potential to be useful for the player base, or potential not to make devs work too hard on it? speculations do not help at all.

m4rt1n

Adept
I'd really like to know also which idea's get on the scrap pile and which get considered for possible development, because then it would encourage further discussions on the select idea's.

Speculation also does not help as many players read the forums as guests without making a post. I would hope everyone keep things factual as 99% of the members here do already.

Also I have posted a few idea's over the years and have seen elements of them introduced, as well as other members idea's.
That said in my own opinion I have seen things change in the game because of constructive and polite discussion of idea's.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7733

Speculation also does not help as many players read the forums as guests without making a post. I would hope everyone keep things factual as 99% of the members here do already.

I fully agree, that's why I asked people to prove their assumptions. All we got at this moment, is a quote from Valania's post saying:

The Elvenar Team is reading your ideas and suggestions on a regular basis, and is forwarding the ones with most potential to be taken into consideration. This, however, does not mean that everything that's been forwarded can or will also be implemented. The Elvenar Team gets a lot of suggestions, and always has to make choices about what to implement - on top of any ideas that they already have themselves!

m4rt1n

Adept
I fully agree, that's why I asked people to prove their assumptions. All we got at this moment, is a quote from Valania's post saying:

But you disputed earlier in this thread, "Elvenar Team" when it is clear on the EN forum there are 8 of them, causing speculation. :rolleyes:

We are going around in circles and so I suggest that we let the @RainbowElvira get an answer from the ElvenarTeam to avoid any more speculation.

Last edited:

DeletedUser7733

But you disputed earlier in this thread, "Elvenar Team" when it is clear on the EN forum there are 8 of them, causing speculation. :rolleyes:

We are going around in circles and so I suggest that we let the OP get an answer from the ElvenarTeam to avoid any more speculation.

I think there's more to "Elvenar Team" than 8 moderators. But of course, I could be wrong. And yes, I do suggest to stop any more speculations that can't be proved or are twisting words.

m4rt1n

Adept
I think there's more to "Elvenar Team" than 8 moderators. But of course, I could be wrong. And yes, I do suggest to stop any more speculations that can't be proved or are twisting words.

Of course there is, each country or area's forum and worlds has it's own team that looks at everything in their server area of the game, possibly in the 100's but this is the EN server and has a team of 8.