• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Orcs: Care and Feeding

Sir Derf

Adept
So, I'm mid-way through Dwarves, not yet in Orc chapter, but have started finding Provinces that require Orcs for negotiations.

I have seen a building or two in the Crafting recipes that mention Orcs. Do any of them produce Orcs, allowing me to be able to negotiate these provinces ahead of time, or will I have to wait until the appropriate chapter?

Deleted User - 106219

Unfortunately, any building that produces Orcs does so only if obtained in Orcs (or later) chapter. Before that such buildings produce supplies instead. So no, you have no way to gain Orcs for negotiation.

m4rt1n

Adept
You will need to wait until Chapter 8 otherwise most of the buildings produce supplies instead.
You cannot get Orcs until you unlock them in tech.

Deleted User - 341074

So, I'm mid-way through Dwarves, not yet in Orc chapter, but have started finding Provinces that require Orcs for negotiations. I have seen a building or two in the Crafting recipes that mention Orcs. Do any of them produce Orcs, allowing me to be able to negotiate these provinces ahead of time, or will I have to wait until the appropriate chapter?
You have scouted unevenly. There should be over 100 provinces closer to your city that can be scouted and cleared without needing orcs, and you should be in orcs by the time you clear all of them.
The reason you encountered orcs so early is that you scouted in a straight line instead of the provinces closest to your city.

When you open the tech tree and hover over the chest at the end of the chapter, what number does it show?

Sir Derf

Adept
I am aware that I have scouted a little ahead of intention and a little unevenly. I have been scouting in an expanding hexagon, not an expanding circle, so my corners are exposing their first orcs. I am not complaining.

I was wondering and posting without researching, if crafted buildings would give Orcs. No. Thank you.

m4rt1n

Adept
For info it is a hexagon that you scout, around the rings. I'm 3 scouts away from completing ring 14 and 1 scout away from my 4th last expansion I believe, leaving me 3 remaining from provinces, 2 from chapter 13 and 14 (1 in each)*, and 20 premium.
All my scouts are currently green on the 14 ring remaining, and the 15 ring ones will go green after I take the rest of the squad size upgrades.

*Assumes chapter 14 when released will contain the missing expansion to complete the 12x12 grid.

Deleted User - 341074

Not necessarily... unless you have a reason for thinking this.
I do, they don't have enough expansions to have fully cleared to the orc ring.
Edit: unless they have 11 expansions that they haven't placed.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2352

To answer the original question........ you will not be able to earn Orc giving buildings until you have reached that research.......

DeletedUser5976

you will not be able to earn Orc giving buildings until you have reached that research
I think you mean that he won't be able to earn Orcs from Orc giving buildings until he reached that research. As you can make or earn Orc giving buildings before Orcs, but they just give supplies as others stated in this thread. Sorry for nitpicking, but sometimes things get misunderstood easily.

DeletedUser2352

lolz yes true I guess, although to my mind, they are not Orc giving buildings unless they give Orcs. But you can make buildings of the same name, however as you say they will give other rewards.

They will stay as you make them, so if you want a building to produce Orcs, you need to earn or make them after you have the ability to produce Orcs yourself

Thagdal

Sorcerer
Would i be correct in assuming as soon as you have researched advanced scouts in orcs, you are in that chapter, you can then craft or win(if theres an event on maybe) an orcs nest, which will start producing orcs before you research and build a armory breeding ground to unlock orc production?

m4rt1n

Adept
Would i be correct in assuming as soon as you have researched advanced scouts in orcs, you are in that chapter, you can then craft or win(if theres an event on maybe) an orcs nest, which will start producing orcs before you research and build a armory breeding ground to unlock orc production?

Yes, as the building would be in that chapter so would produce Orcs.

Deleted User - 341074

You can win an orcs nest in chapter 7, and then as soon as you unlock the advanced scouts tech in chapter 8 you can upgrade it using the Royal Restoration spell if/when that feature is implemented.

DeletedUser8266

I'm in Orcs now and need to find a way to get more diamonds without spending a lot of money. Any suggestions?

m4rt1n

Adept
Wishing Wells are looking like your only current option, however you will get 200 on a storyline quest and 200 on a tech very near the end of the chapter.

Thagdal

Sorcerer
Also a 20% chance of getting diamonds from the crafting Mystical Object. i wonder if anyone has won :diamond::diamond: from it yet?!...i know i havent:mad::(:D