• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Trader Improved Sorting of Trades

• Thread starter DeletedUser7733
  • Start date

DeletedUser7733

I have a suggestion on how to change the current sorting of trades to group similar trades together and make it easier to find what we want and help others with their trades. Currently, I have 42 pages of trades and it became very difficult to find the trades I would do.

So my suggestion is to change the star rating or remove it and use this sorting order:

3 star: offered amount > demanded amount

2 star: offered amount = demanded amount

0 star: offered amount < demanded amount

DeletedUser7733

is this not what already happens.

It would make sense if it was, wouldn’t it? But no, currently the trades are sorted based on 16:4:1 ratio. Better than that is a 3 star trade, worse than that is a 0 star trade. That means that I have to go through a lot of cross trades before I get to 1:1 same tier trades – the most frequently traded type of trade.

Edit: Adjusted for removed posts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 341074

Anything that has the best trades at the top gets my vote.

I find it silly that a trade like
10,000 for 9,999
is above
9000 for 5,000

Top ratio should be on top. I don't care if it's a tiny 100 for 50 trade, it's better.
All cross tier trades starting after same tier 0 stars sounds great too. Sentients can even go after those since your needs there are probably rather specific and you can double filter to get what you need.

DeletedUser4149

i'm not a math teacher or an accountant. i mostly do warehouse work. but i'm glad they don't list trades based on the % of discount or markup. this gives me an advantage over the people out there who need to take their shoes and socks off to add 5 + 15. i'm not worried about them changing it either. you'll probably have better luck trying to get ozzy osbourne to stay clean and sober for the rest of his life than to get anyone to change anything by using this suggestion thread on the forum.
but a decent and simple fix might be to use the ignore list that they already have to include trades. ( this is the same list that i've used to ignore the trolls that all seem to belong to the same fellowship and some of the same trolls that were harassing people on the "are they making tournaments harder" thread. if you don't like a player's trades then you wouldn't be able to see them.

DeletedUser6967

that would be a great fix, as you could find the culprit and block their trades,
or, even better, a way to select what trades you block from a player, such as an option to only block 1-star trades or something like that.

that would also be a great filter in general, not having to worry about 1 or zero star trades flooding the list.

DeletedUser7733

I thought I give a bit more explanation on this thread why there's a need to make the trader to work so people can find the trades that they want without having to go through pages of trades that sit there for days. One way to go around it is to get statistics on the most commonly traded types of trades. I hope that most of us agree it’s 1:1 same tier trades. Then it’s trades that offer bigger amount of goods than demand and the rest follows.

This is the current sorting order and we all know what problems it causes and the listing of the trades doesn’t seem to make any sense:
  1. Availability - available if we have the goods in our inventory
  2. Stars
  3. Amount offered – biggest first
  4. Time – newest first
I think this order would work much better while it shouldn't be difficult to do:
  1. Availability – available if we have the goods in our inventory
  2. Goods offered vs goods demanded
  3. Type of goods – to use the same order as in the main hall
  4. Amount offered – biggest first
  5. Time – newest first
Of course, there are numerous other options.

At this moment, people leave the trades there till they get removed by the system and that's 7 days. Also one person can make over 7 pages of trades then they forget about them as they're not the ones that have to scroll through them.

I understand that people need to make cross trades and if they help others out and make them good value, there's no problem, they get done quickly. But if the trades sit there all the time, it's really frustrating. I have a number of small neighbours that visit me and I want to support them. I will not scroll through 40 pages to find their trades though. All I can do is just to do my FS trades and then pick each of my boosted and see whether any of my neighbours want it and even that is a lot of clicking. Anything more than that is just a pain.

I'd love the star rating to be adjusted or completely removed (to avoid confusion what's fair and what's not) and have the trades sorted as I suggested so the most traded types of trades are at the top and not all over the place.

Even any other fix that improves the trader would be great. :)

Wowwie

Soothsayer
No matter what solution you think is better there will be 49 percent not happy
Sometimes better off just leaving things just give us an ignore button

DeletedUser7733

No matter what solution you think is better there will be 49 percent not happy

I don't understand. This will make it easier to use the trader for everyone. Why should anyone get any preferential treatment?

cwgiii

Shaman
There have been several years of threads with multiple suggestions, complaints, ideas, examples, and options posed. My personal opinion is that more functionality is a good thing. Give us the option (filters, sorts, etc.), and let each individual organize their trader in the way that best suits them at any particular time.

For those that like and dislike the star system, there could be a filter to include the existing star rating or not (turn it on or off completely), show 3 (3 and 2) star trades only, or to filter out anything below 2 star trades.

For those that only care about tier equivalent trades, have an option to remove all cross tier trades. For those that want to see everything, have as many nested sort features as you can think of. Build the trader like a spreadsheet to slice and dice the data any which way you like.

The more control given to the individual, the better Inno will be able to please more folks.

Unfortunately, I imagine, there is a limit to what Inno developers can (or are willing) to provide.

Just my thoughts.

DeletedUser7733

I don't think it has to be made overly complicated. Just some common sense should do. To put the most frequent/popular types of trades to the top of the list should do the trick. If someone prefers less common trades, they can scroll further and they still would do much less scrolling than we currently have to do. This system should be an improvement for everyone, as nobody has to get inconvenienced by scrolling too much and everyone should be able to put up any trades they want without getting too many complaints. Or at least, there will be less inconvenience and complaints. :D

I did search whether there's a similar suggestion to this one and I haven't found one, that's why I would like to give this one a good go. Wouldn't it be great if the arguments stopped? :)

m4rt1n

Adept
Wouldn't it be great if the arguments stopped? :)

I am in agreement with everyone that more ways of sorting the trader will help especially when it comes to T4 and T5 trades adding huge numbers of extra trades to scroll thorough. :D

I think that should be made a priority as more players by the day unlock T4 and T5.:)

While your idea is well thought out @CleverAngel777 you are not advanced enough in the game to have 70-80+ pages mixed of normal and T4 and T5 trades and I for one would like that to be a priority on sorting trades. :rolleyes:

Also having a differing opinion to yours and discussing it is NOT arguing with you, but just sharing a different point of view.

Debate is not an argument o_O:eek::confused::(

It is a fair discussion. :);)

DeletedUser7733

While your idea is well thought out @CleverAngel777 you are not advanced enough in the game to have 70-80+ pages mixed of normal and T4 and T5 trades and I for one would like that to be a priority on sorting trades. :rolleyes:

I'm actually at the end of Amuni, you can check that if you want to.

I am in agreement with everyone that more ways of sorting the trader will help especially when it comes to T4 and T5 trades adding huge numbers of extra trades to scroll thorough. :D

That's great that you agree as there is a problem.

Also having a differing opinion to yours and discussing it is NOT arguing with you, but just sharing a different point of view.

Debate is not an argument o_O:eek::confused::(

It is a fair discussion. :);)

Fully agree! I'm just not sure where it came from but you probably have your reasons. :)

m4rt1n

Adept
I'm actually at the end of Amuni, you can check that if you want to.

That's great that you agree as there is a problem.

Fully agree! I'm just not sure where it came from but you probably have your reasons. :)

Ok so the basic problem we agree on, T4, T5, and soon T6 trades need to be separated either into a different trader tab or a filter added.

Before the Sentient goods 99% of people were happy with the trader, and those that have not reached the sentient goods are still happy.

This idea has been mentioned many times already so I do hope the developers consider it.
Maybe not by title but I have written several posts, all on threads here already: https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?forums/archive-ideas-and-suggestions.56/