• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

Deleted User - 341074

Any info on whether the purge is just low level, non-diamond, etc, players? If so then this happens all the time anyway.
It would appear that you are correct since the abandoned city next to me is still there after 2 years.(on Beta)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4149

i think some of you are talking about beta and some are talking about our server.
it's possible they are finally cleaning up dead cities. but the obvious guess is that they're either testing the royal spell or fixing the glitch that has messed up combat for a while.

Jackluyt

Shaman
Any info on whether the purge is just low level, non-diamond, etc, players? If so then this happens all the time anyway.

It looks like the normal inactives who haven't spent Diamonds. But the normal procedure is just to flag and remove a small number, in a spiral procession from the center of the Map outwards. This time they seem to have removed ALL the flagged players at once - which has never happened before.

It has been suggested that some kind of mass player migration is about to start - and for technical reasons this required cancellation of Tournaments - perhaps because players would lose their Tournament progress on being relocated.
The above is speculation - we are expecting a definitive announcement from Marindor any day...

Jackluyt

Shaman
Now it looks like we are only missing ONE Tournament in Beta - not two.
But still no official news...

49140284_10213131538943722_4211494726861324288_n.jpg

Jackluyt

Shaman
A NEW GAME FEATURE HAS APPEARED IN BETA WORLD!

Dear Humans and Elves,
Today we would like to introduce our newest feature to you: Challenges! Challenges are mini-events in which (depending on the type of challenge) you can earn medals by completing certain tasks (e.g. finishing workshop productions and casting Enchantments). These medals add up in a progress bar and at certain milestones you'll get rewards for your accomplishments.

The first challenge is the "Craftsman Challenge" and it will run from today until Sunday, January 6th, 11:59 CET. During this time you will be able to earn medals by finishing Workshop productions or by casting Enchantment spells.

We wish you a lot of fun with participating in the Challenges and are of course eager to hear your feedback in our Feedback Thread!

49335565_10213135134193601_8494283505654562816_n.jpg

The Rewards are:

215 medals = 500 Spell Fragments
650 medals = 1 Combining Catalyst
1300 medals = 1000 Spell Fragments
2400 medals = 3 Combining Catalyst
4350 medals = 1 Carting Library 2 x 1 produces 1 KP per day expires in 100 days
:)

Last edited:

DeletedUser5976

You've beaten me to it Jack. Though I would just have posted a link to the Beta forums ;). Your posts look so much nicer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jackluyt

Shaman
The 'Challenges' Rewards are:

215 medals = 500 Spell Fragments
650 medals = 1 Combining Catalyst
1300 medals = 1000 Spell Fragments
2400 medals = 3 Combining Catalyst
4350 medals = 1 Carting Library 2 x 1 produces 1 KP per day expires in 100 days
:)

Deleted User - 1634960

All of this about account/city deletion is outside the scope of this thread. Further discussion on this matter can be put in a new thread in either General Discussion or Questions and Answers. ;)

Back to 'News From Beta, may contain spoilers'

DeletedUser3097

Ahh this thread is an exciting read but it seems to have lost its way a little, thank you @Rilian for pointing that out!

So, to summarise: there is a new mini-event called Challenges happening on Beta. Due to a technical issue, it was decided to stop Tournaments on Beta for while BUT the Tournaments on EN are unaffected and will happen as scheduled.

So.. back to this thread
News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

Posts about inactive cities/ account deletion moved to

Your worlds experience

Please ensure that any further posts are strictly on-topic as if they are not they will be removed.

Jackluyt

Shaman
A New Type A (ten-quest) Fellowship Adventure starts tomorrow Thursday 10th January in Beta World

The quest system is still a work in progress so we are still stuck with having to scroll through all ten items to find the one we want.

Apparently the structure is identical to the Adventures in the June Edition, of which you will find full details here: https://tinyurl.com/y74auuxg

Once the Adventures starts, I will record all the new prizes and any other changes we may find, in this short Note: https://tinyurl.com/yatck6mu

38825081_10212251412301106_724814935661477888_n.jpg

Discussion thread: https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/fellowship-adventures.8853/

DeletedUser7733

Luckily, nobody's forcing us to do the FA if we don't like it. I might give it a little bit of a go, we'll see.

DeletedUser7733

That's at least the least amount of clicks for declines if we're looking for silver linings. We might just do one path every stage.

So far what I've read it's possible that we'll have to scroll through all types of badges to get just ten badges. I just don't want to get all excited and then get disappointed and upset. I don't expect much so everything will be a bonus :)