• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Winter Magic!

m4rt1n

Adept
My event is going ok so far and I hardy used a double day. GP set complete, 4/5 set buildings for the other and over 700 flakes ready for New Years Day, then hopefully I'll have a few remaining for the great looking final day culture pop hybrid. I did spin one 40 for the Shipwreck today but no luck and I really want both full sets so saving flakes.
I have got the Gingerbread House also and a few other buildings as I always find there is an excess for the long winter event without needing double days unlike on other 3 week events with less quests.

Killiak

Artisan
So far I have the 4 daily prize set buildings, and currently on 4.354 snowflakes. Waiting for that last daily prize set building and the last double day.

I think I will manage to get both sets.

Deleted User - 341074

So far I have the 4 daily prize set buildings, and currently on 4.354 snowflakes. Waiting for that last daily prize set building and the last double day.

I think I will manage to get both sets.
With that many snowflakes left+ last few days to use on a double day I guarantee you will get all 3 prizes.

m4rt1n

Adept
The last building on the final day appears to me to have some of the best ever culture/pop hybrid stats per square in quite a while, so maybe worth while having your final flakes left for some of them. Also much better disenchantment rewards that a unicorn. :)

Killiak

Artisan
The last building on the final day appears to me to have some of the best ever culture/pop hybrid stats per square in quite a while, so maybe worth while having your final flakes left for some of them. Also much better disenchantment rewards that a unicorn. :)

Indeed. I plan to get 4/5 Grand Prizes, then use whatever is left in a bid to get what I can on the last day.

Pauly7

Magus
Is it just me missing something or is there no timer at all showing how long until the end of the event on the PC version of the game?

Pauly7

Magus
There is a timer on the PC version. Open the event and you will find it right above the middle of the three 'chests'. Currently it shows 78 hours left.
Oh OK, I've got it.... In my defense it's pretty innocuous. On the mobile it just cycles between showing the time left and the snowflakes in hand.

FieryArien

Necromancer
Final feedback to this event: It was a bliss. I loved it!

1) First to my big city:
- Due to a lack of foresight (still embarrassed about it) I had pretty serious problems with T3 goods and this event literally saved me. By winning 6 Carrousels I doubled my T3 goods production (it’s half silk, half gems now). Once I stock back up, I’ll delete one T3 manufactory.
- In Woodelves I met new resource: mana. After I placed 4 Christmas Trees I won this event (was thinking about 6, but decided to keep some snowflakes for the Winter Star), I don’t know what does “mana shortage” mean.
- Other buildings won are 2 Market Stalls and 2 Winter Fairs to activate links in Carousels and Trees. Also 3 Winter Stars (here I got really lucky). And 1 Trader’s Outpost.
- The 2 Owl set buildings I won “on the side” are already transformed into spell fragments.

2) My small city which is meant to be a Well farm (but I do advance it as seriously as the space allows - started just before the Harvest Festival and now just 4 technologies to reach Dwarves) won 17 Wells. That should finance me some expansions. ;-)

Pauly7

Magus
2) My small city which is meant to be a Well farm (but I do advance it as seriously as the space allows - started just before the Harvest Festival and now just 4 technologies to reach Dwarves) won 17 Wells. That should finance me some expansions. ;-)
That's teetering on the cusp of being a push account.

Thagdal

Sorcerer
@SoggyShorts

managed to get the 3 GP's:D 37 flakes left over. (did get 7 wells, 3 are being used)
Winter Magic.JPG

looked at the ice rink for the last day and saw it has less pop/cult per square than my existing woodelvenstocks that are 4x4 too. so if/when they sort out the RR spell they can be upgraded.:)

FieryArien

Necromancer
That's teetering on the cusp of being a push account.
Interesting post. I admit I had to consult a vocabulary twice, so I might miss some subtle meaning, but you are apparently accusing me of having a push account. It looks like the effective method of not posting full blown accusation, but hinting at it and staining the other party. (If this is too long post for you, just skip to the last paragraph.)

- Fun fact: Both cities share the same account. I have only one account with Inno and that’s here in the international section. The cities are on different maps and can’t interact with each other. The diamonds balance and purchases are shared within the account.
- Fun fact: I learned about the Wells and sharing diamonds balance on the OFFICIAL forum - it was either EN (here) or the US forum (which I though was the international one initially, but later I realized my mistake). It was described with no hint about it being a forbidden practice.
- Push Account: I read about this on the official forum in the past. It was said to be about creating additional accounts (login+password) to create cities on the same map and feed the accrued knowledge points to the original city’s wonders (feeding goods using unfair trades too, I bet). That’s obvious abuse.

Let me tell you some facts about the city you are accusing:
- It was created in late September 2018. Now, 3+something months later it’s at the end of the 5th chapter, mere 4 technologies left to become a chapter 6 (Dwarves) city.
- It has an average tournament score of 1329 (source: elvenstats.com).
- It contributed heavily in the last Fellowship Adventure. It would be simply impossible to reach the end of the second stage without all the badges the city produced.
- The Wishing Wels in the city provide amazing amount of KPs (at the moment working on the 5th level of one wonder and the other one is at level 2), as well as goods, supplies and gold. All of that used to advance the city.
- The started pack with a bonus Builder was bought in this city.
- I relaunch the productions in this city as often as in my bigger city.

I realize that I’m a cheater in your eyes. And after you forced me to think about it, I realize it’s far from a crystal clear practice. I don’t feel I’m hurting anyone with this style of play and I don’t think I’m breaking the rules. Feel free to report me - I’ll submit to decision Inno makes then. If nothing else we’ll know then where the line is.

Pauly7

Magus
OK, OK... I said it was close, but I wasn't accusing you of any wrong doing. Had you said that the smaller city existed purely to share diamonds and purchases with the larger city then I would have said that is against the rules, but you then went on to explain that you were maintaining the city in its own right so that then pulled it back into the realms of being OK..... Sorry, I shouldn't have made the off the cuff comment.

Deleted User - 341074

Disclaimer: I'm personally on the fence about WW farms myself, so take the below as a framing of the discussion, not a judgment from me.

@FieryArien your post does seem to straddle that middle of the Grey area:
My small city which is meant to be a Well farm (but I do advance it as seriously as the space allows - started just before the Harvest Festival and now just 4 technologies to reach Dwarves) won 17 Wells. That should finance me some expansions.
The Red sentence sounds like pushing.
The Green one is not pushing
The Orange one depends on where you will buy the expansions. Is the primary purpose of getting 17 wells on the baby account to buy expansions for the other account? That smells like pushing...but, inno has in the past used phrasing like "If a citie's only purpose is pushing..." obviously, a chapter 5 city is going more than just being a farm, so if it were a court of law I'm sure you would be ok.
How others see it may or may not be different, and you may or may not care.;)

The rules about pushing are vague at best, were basically copy&pasted from their other games, are almost never enforced, and have never been updated- certainly not since the introduction of wishing wells which now allows cities on different worlds to interact on the same account.

The questions players should ask themselves:
Do you think you've found a way around the system, or a strategy within the system?
In video games, an exploit is the use of a bug or glitches, game system, rates, hitboxes, speed or level design etc. by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game's designers.[1]
Do you feel like it's a loophole you are exploiting?

FieryArien

Necromancer
OK, OK... I said it was close, but I wasn't accusing you of any wrong doing. Had you said that the smaller city existed purely to share diamonds and purchases with the larger city then I would have said that is against the rules, but you then went on to explain that you were maintaining the city in its own right so that then pulled it back into the realms of being OK..... Sorry, I shouldn't have made the off the cuff comment.
I might have been too harsh in judging your intentions. If so, than I’m sorry for that. My city just doesn’t feel like a “push city” to me, so I got offended (and emotional). It’s true that the city wouldn’t exist if the diamonds weren’t shared within the account. However, even though it does support my first city, it also has a full life of its own. I’m pretty sure that world map is better off with than without my city.

The questions players should ask themselves:
Do you think you've found a way around the system, or a strategy within the system?
In video games, an exploit is the use of a bug or glitches, game system, rates, hitboxes, speed or level design etc. by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game's designers.[1]
Do you feel like it's a loophole you are exploiting?
This can be also stretched to other aspects of the game. Do you feel the game designers intended players to arrange the event sets in a way that player can get rid of their manufactories? Or did they expected us to just get one of each building? Btw, I’m guilty of that as well. I also don’t upgrade the manufactories to max level immediately, but in later chapters. It’s because the real productivity per square actually drops (temporarily). And other things I guess. That’s what I enjoy in games - finding max efficiency/productivity, min requirements etc. Getting the Wells was another optimization. At the cost of having two cities to care for (that’s a lot of time).