• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

m4rt1n

Adept
Has anyone suggested that the Blueprint remain in chest 10 for Magic Buildings as is now, but the Royal Restoration spell be added separately just for event buildings on the system that Inno are trying out, spread throughout the chests as they planned. Maybe they could put slightly less in, say 5 or 6 and keep the blueprint as a separate entity.

DeletedUser7733

Has anyone suggested that the Blueprint remain in chest 10 for Magic Buildings as is now, but the Royal Restoration spell be added separately just for event buildings on the system that Inno are trying out, spread throughout the chests as they planned. Maybe they could put slightly less in, say 5 or 6 and keep the blueprint as a separate entity.

Yes

DeletedUser7733

There's also this option:

At this moment, magic residence in Amuni is 4x4 and magic workshop is 4x6. To make the RR spell equivalent to the value of blueprint, the conversion rate needs to be 24 RR spells for 1 blueprint.

As with tournaments, I’m not sure how exactly the rewards are spread through the chests but I still think that RR spells should be available in lower chests. It could work if the rewards were distributed the way that the tournament gives 24 RR spells in total and most of the RR spells should be in the 10th chest.

m4rt1n

Adept
There's also this option:

At this moment, magic residence in Amuni is 4x4 and magic workshop is 4x6. To make the RR spell equivalent to the value of blueprint, the conversion rate needs to be 24 RR spells for 1 blueprint.

As with tournaments, I’m not sure how exactly the rewards are spread through the chests but I still think that RR spells should be available in lower chests. It could work if the rewards were distributed the way that the tournament gives 24 RR spells in total and most of the RR spells should be in the 10th chest.

I like that suggestion even though I have not yet earned a Blueprint, yes 24 I agree, and say put 10 or 12 of them in chest 10.
For info I did buy Magic Residences in chapter 1, but deleted them in Chapter 4 as I saw no hope back then in my early days of ever getting a Blueprint when my fellowship was only making chest 3, now we are chest 7 and building.
Also I have the free Magic Residence now but have been using the diamonds from whirlpools and chapter ends to upgrade.
I have upgraded 2 magic workshops from chapter 1 all the way mostly using my wallet, and I'm not the richest person in the world so do hope to get them up to chapter 13 for free considering how much they cost me.

Another possibility would be to put some of the RR spells as an individual prize in the tournament rankings extra to the chests, for example 1st place gets 10, 2nd 8, 3rd 6, top 10 get 4, top 30, 2 and top 50, 1. Extra incentive for individuals to go all out in a tournament also while helping the fellowship.

Last edited:

Deleted User - 341074

Yes, you’re right. It's a choice and it’s a smart choice to not do 10 chests if you need your resources to grow.
If a player in low chapters decided to do 1,600 points every week in a tournament, this player wouldn’t progress much if it even was possible to do it.
I'm not sure that's necessarily true although it might depend on what we are calling a "low chapter player" Getting 200KP vs getting 20 KP per week from the tournament can make a huge positive influence on your progress as well.
If you compare dinghy to superyacht, it might be 275,000 dinghies for a superyacht and isn't that in favour of what you're saying? :)
This is why I don't agree with the conversion rate.
Sorry, I wasn't refering to the conversion rate, I was talking about the effort vs reward in tournaments
I’m not sure how exactly the rewards are spread through the chests
On beta it was
1 RR for every chest from 3 to 10, with 1 extra in #9, and 2 extra in #10 for 11 total

This is what I thought you were talking about in the dingy vs superyacht analogy. With the above spread of RR, a FS of 6 players who only log in on Wednesdays and Fridays can easily get 10% of what a very dedicated group of 25 players doing 5-6 full rounds of the tournament gets.

The ratio of effort: RR is way off. I can accept that the previous blueprint "all or nothing" was flawed, and I think there should be some RR given prior to the 10th chest, but giving out over 72% of the RR before the 10th chest is too much IMO as it removes the incentive to do better.

IMO more than half of the RR should be from chest #10. This gives FS a goal to work towards with enough incentive to make it worthwhile.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7733

@SoggyShorts , I'm glad we got to agree on the big picture of the problem.

IMO more than half of the RR should be from chest #10. This gives FS a goal to work towards with enough incentive to make it worthwhile.

It could work if the rewards were distributed the way that the tournament gives 24 RR spells in total and most of the RR spells should be in the 10th chest.

DeletedUser

It would work right for those with the magic houses/workshops to keep the blueprint as it is in chest 10, but with the option to convert it to RR in the MA - this means that those who used real money to buy those buildings aren't disadvantaged and still get the big reward in chest 10 which is an achievement in itselt; while those who don't have the magic buildings can use the blueprints, converted to RR, to upgrade their event buildings.

Alongside this should be the RR spells in the lower chests in the tournament which will benefit those who have the event buildings but who don't necessarily reach the 10th chest. It should be remembered also that people don't, generally, have that many event buildings still in their possession or in their cities which they would want to upgrade. Its a bit like disenchanting unneeded spells or summonings (buildings) to use in the MA, once they're gone, they're gone! Once all the saved/placed event buildings have been placed people will just be collecting the RR spells with nowhere to put them.

I wonder if the RR spells could be converted the other way? From RR to a blueprint, this would mean that those who can't reach the 10th chest would (after some time collecting) be able to upgrade 1 magic house/building.

DeletedUser5532

All throughout this, it has generally been assumed that the RR Spell`s main function is to enable a player to upgrade those old event buildings.

But, What If ??

What if the main function of the RR Spell, is to make upgrading Premium Buildings harder, thus increasing the sale of diamonds to upgrade them.

From a business point of view, this would be a very smart move and would increase income.

Just a random thought.

Deleted User - 341074

Once all the saved/placed event buildings have been placed people will just be collecting the RR spells with nowhere to put them.
The 4 major events give about a dozen buildings each. Many 4-6 squares or 12 squares.
If we say 8 is an average, and add in some mini event buildings, then we are getting about 400 squares of event prizes per year.
At a minimum player should be progressing 2 chapters per year, so that makes 800 RR needed to keep all event buildings up to date in year 1.
This would require 72 weeks of getting 10 chests in 52 weeks:p
Factor in magic buildings which many if not most 10 chest players have at least a few off, and I don't think anyone is in danger of having more RR spells than they can use.
But, What If ??What if the main function of the RR Spell, is to make upgrading Premium Buildings harder, thus increasing the sale of diamonds to upgrade them.
I thought this was implied by all of the players complaining that they would have to spend far more diamonds to upgrade their magic buildings due to the loss of BP value.;)

EdwardTrunk

Soothsayer

Absolutely agree with this. Otherwise, as already stated, the incentive to go the extra mile to get the 10th chest, a big part of the tournaments for many, will be lost.

Jackluyt

Shaman
IS THERE A CHANGE COMING TO THE SYSTEM THAT DELETES INACTIVE PLAYERS? ANOTHER 'BIG MOVE'?

49444662_10213110874347120_5847125784799477760_n.jpg

What is SUPPOSED to happen with player deletion is that any city that has been inactive for more than 30 days, and the owner has not spent real money on Diamonds, and the city is lower than chapter IV - these cities should be flagged for deletion, and a while later when they need space a script is run and the cities are removed and replaced by 'Goldmines'

What SHOULD then happen is that active players from the poorly-populated outskirts of the World Map should be moved in to the vacant spaces - and inactive cities that do not meet the criteria for deletion, should be moved out to the fringes of the Map - so if they start playing again one day, their city should not have vanished, and once they demonstrate that they are active, they should soon be moved back to the better-populated center of the Map.

On practice, it seldom happens that an active player fills the vacant spaces; these days those places are taken by 'newbies' - who can't offer much in the way of trades, and only about ten percent of whom continue playing after the initial euphoria. So instead of the center of the Map growing stronger and stronger in terms of neighbor help and trading - recently the opposite has been happening; strong players in one's neighborhood give up the game and they are replaced by weaker or inactive players.

Deletion has always happened in a spiral wave radiating out from the center of the Map - removing just as many players as they need room for.
This week the whole of Beta has seen massive deletions or 5 - 10% of neighbors (or at least three of my cities - which are widely separated - have experienced this).

I am watching eagerly - are they preparing for another 'Big Move'?

Happy New Year everyone!

NOTE: There is DEFINITELY something on the go!
They are testing something - so next week's Tournament in Beta has been cancelled / postponed!! (see screenshot below).

48363076_10213111452281568_648133409897447424_n.jpg

The issue is being discussed in Beta - and you can follow comments from Community Manager Marindor here: https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/next-tournament-timer-broken.12001/#post-67932

Last edited:

DeletedUser4149

YES, i think messages like jack's will need 10,000 likes before we can get the game makers to listen. i feel bad for my teammates that are stuck in no man's land. another bad policy is not deleting cities that have admitted that they quit even if they did spend diamonds. i've seen several that have sold every building or declared that they've quit using their city's name or streets.

Jackluyt

Shaman
NOTE: There is DEFINITELY something on the go!
They are testing something - so next week's Tournament in Beta has been cancelled / postponed!! (see screenshot below).

48363076_10213111452281568_648133409897447424_n.jpg

DeletedUser3571

Just wondering, what makes you think it could be a big move. all the comments say is that the tournament is postponed and they will be testing something - but surely that could be testing anything?

Jackluyt

Shaman
Just wondering, what makes you think it could be a big move. all the comments say is that the tournament is postponed and they will be testing something - but surely that could be testing anything?

There is no way of knowing - but it is odd that both happen at the same time!
We will have to wait and see!!

Jackluyt

Shaman
This thread is, at its best, a bit like science fiction, based on events that may never happen in the 'real' worlds. Speculating on what might be happening on Beta sometime soon is, in my opinion, carrying it a little too far. ;)

You are missing the point of my post.

There are two things that ARE happening on Beta.

1. A mass purging of inactive players
2. A two-week cancellation of Tournaments - with a note from the senior community Manager that this is because there is something they are going to be trying.

Those are facts, being reported from Beta, which is what this thread is for - which suggests that something big is brewing.

That is bound to lead to speculation!!
:)