• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Enemis size and catering price

DeletedUser4164

I've seen a lot of conflicting comments about tournaments and scouting provinces ... please don't answer if you are not sure.

1. From what depend the enemy squad size in the tournaments and the price for catering?
- Beside the number of the province and how many times have you hit it, does it depend on other factors such as the size of your buildings, research, etc.?

2. What depend enemy squad size in the provinces and price for catering?
- Beside the tipe of resource and how far it is, does it depend on other factors such as the size of your buildings, research, etc.?

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 106219

1. From what depend the enemy squad size in the tournaments and the price for catering?
- Beside the number of the province and how many times have you hit it, does it depend on other factors such as the size of your buildings, research, etc.?
Enemy squads size in tournaments is a percentage of your squad size. Each province has higher squad size and catering costs than the one before it; each new round in the same province has a higher squad size and catering costs than the previous. Catering costs also depend on your squad size, though the exact working is not so clear, as you have different resources that are needed for catering. For example, Orcs are not required until you reach a certain squad size.

2. What depend enemy squad size in the provinces and price for catering?
- Beside the tip of resource and how far it is, does it depend on other factors such as the size of your buildings, research, etc.?
The cost of scouting the province determines both the enemy squad size and the negotiation cost. Once a province is scouted both are fixed and cannot be changed.

DeletedUser4164

Enemy squads size in tournaments is a percentage of your squad size. Each province has higher squad size and catering costs than the one before it; each new round in the same province has a higher squad size and catering costs than the previous. Catering costs also depend on your squad size, though the exact working is not so clear, as you have different resources that are needed for catering. For example, Orcs are not required until you reach a certain squad size.

So if i delete my armory It will be cheaper ?

The cost of scouting the province determines both the enemy squad size and the negotiation cost. Once a province is scouted both are fixed and cannot be changed.

It depend only of the distance ?

Deleted User - 106219

So if i delete my armory It will be cheaper ?
No, because your Armory does not increase your Squad Size. Armories only increase your training size, thus allowing you to train more troops at the same time. They do not increase your Squad Size.

It depend only of the distance ?
It depends on the cost of scouting the province, and that cost increases every time you scout a province. So two provinces can be the same distance from your town but have different size of enemy squads because the second province cost more to scout.

DeletedUser4164

No, because your Armory does not increase your Squad Size. Armories only increase your training size, thus allowing you to train more troops at the same time. They do not increase your Squad Size.

My squad size depends only on research ?

Deleted User - 106219

My squad size depends only on research ?
That's right. Each Squad Size Upgrade increases your Squad Size by (Squad Size Number)*3:
SSU 10 increases Squad Size by 30 (10*3)
SSU 20 increases Squad Size by 60 (20*3)
SSU 31 increases Squad Size by 91 (31*3)
etc.

Currently there's no other way to increase your Squad Size.

DeletedUser4164

Currently there's no other way to increase your Squad Size.

Then there is no way to win in scouted provinces, enemy squad size is 3 times larger...and armory is useless you need 3 only for quests

Deleted User - 106219

If enemy squad size is 3 times larger than yours, then all privinces must be Hard and Very Hard. Usually that means you have scouted too far ahead. You can Negotiate instead of fighting, or you can temporarily stop scouting and wait to unlock the next Advanced Scouts tech. Advanced Scouts decreases the scouting costs of future provinces, making them easier (that won't help with already scouted provinces, though).

Deleted User - 1634960

Battles in already scouted Provinces can be made easier by Researching further Squad Size Upgrades, although if you are meeting Squads 3 times the size of yours (remember to adjust for the number of Squads*), you might need several to make a winning difference. ;)

* You adjust for number of Squads by multiplying their Squad size by their number of Squads and dividing by 5. so if your Squad size is 50 and you are facing 2 Squads of 150, their adjusted Squad size is 60, and not overwhelming. :D