• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Your worlds experience

DeletedUser8086

agree with Yo Mamma - counted the dead cities in my year-old EN1 neighbourhood today - 41 dead vs. 79 alive, of which a number appear to be ?bots?... Making larger trades harder. No amount of fiddling with the 'allow automatic movement' settings has worked...

Attachments

• EN1-East-Goldmines.jpg
    EN1-East-Goldmines.jpg
    815.6 KB · Views: 86
  • EN1-South-Goldmines.jpg
    EN1-South-Goldmines.jpg
    767 KB · Views: 95

Deleted User - 341074

No amount of fiddling with the 'allow automatic movement' settings has worked...
The player movement feature is fatally flawed. You need people to get out of the middle before you can move actives towards the middle.

The flaw is that any city meeting 1 or more of the following criteria is protected from being deleted forever
  • Has more than 200 purchased diamonds in inventory
  • Has reached chapter 4
  • Has an average building level or 4 or higher
inactive3.jpg

m4rt1n

Adept
The player movement feature is fatally flawed. You need people to get out of the middle before you can move actives towards the middle.

The flaw is that any city meeting 1 or more of the following criteria is protected from being deleted forever
  • Has reached chapter 4
View attachment 3255

I suggested a while ago that the entire system needs an overhaul.

DeletedUser4164

EN1 and EN2 are older, have a lot more players and a lot stronger but they are all around the map and half of them are inactive. Older fellowships are going a lot more for tournaments and points. EN1 have 1 fellowship in top 10 in the world. And the others are around worlds top fellowships in stats.
I think in EN3 fellowships are more relaxed and don't bother too much with tournaments and points.Only few fellowships in EN3 can go for 10 chest every tournament, so they get a lot less KPs and don't grow up with same speed than other 2 worlds . Of course, Everything depend from the fellowship.

This is how it is around my cities
Players with at least 1 point

EN1 have - 45 200 players - 30% empty 40% newbie 30 % older
EN2 - 42 300 players - 40% empty 40% newbie 20 % older
EN3 - 27 700 players - 0% empty 50% newbie 50% older

Newbie < 10 000 points
Older > 10 000 points

m4rt1n

Adept
EN1 and EN2 are older, have a lot more players and a lot stronger but they are all around the map and half of them are inactive. Older fellowships are going a lot more for tournaments and points. EN1 have 1 fellowship in top 10 in the world. And the others are around worlds top fellowships in stats.
I think in EN3 fellowships are more relaxed and don't bother too much with tournaments and points.Only few fellowships in EN3 can go for 10 chest every tournament, so they get a lot less KPs and don't grow up with same speed than other 2 worlds . Of course, Everything depend from the fellowship.

This is how it is around my cities
Players with at least 1 point

EN1 have - 45 200 players - 30% empty 40% newbie 30 % older
EN2 - 42 300 players - 40% empty 40% newbie 20 % older
EN3 - 27 700 players - 0% empty 50% newbie 50% older

Newbie < 10 000 points
Older > 10 000 points

You need to remember that from my experience with 408 completed provinces, I got moved about a year ago to a better position after being surrounded by goldmines. The problem is that most of the cities around me now are not and haven't been active in that year and more have joined the list. Over half are big cities, Orcs onwards and now from all those provinces I have 5 or 6 active trade parteners.
While players wait on the outer ring, new cities rotate through weekly on a Monday I believe when they become a goldmine, a new city starts, has a forever upgrading main hall for a month, then gets replaced by the same. Less than 10% stay around for a while and play.
I can understand why inno wants to put new cities in the middle of what was an active area rather than on the edge, but in the meantime active players are sat in a goldmine.
I'm playing EN1 since early 2017. :)

Deleted User - 341074

I can understand why inno wants to put new cities in the middle of what was an active area rather than on the edge, but in the meantime active players are sat in a goldmine.
Imagine if new players were placed on a "fake" map until they built a trader and only then got placed on the real one.

Deleted User - 1634960

• Has reached chapter 4
View attachment 3255
I am not sure where you got those criteria, @SoggyShorts but they are totally wrong.

Deleted User - 341074

I am not sure where you got those criteria, @SoggyShorts but they are totally wrong.
From support, from mods/staff posts on the US and Beta forums, and on FB.
I'm not allowed to post support ticket responses here, but I do have screenshots if you'd like.

If that criteria is wrong I'd love to know what's right, especially the one that explains a city that only has 5 buildings being my neighbor for over 2 years.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 1634960

A city will only be deleted if:
  • It has been inactive (not logged in to) for at least 30 days, AND
  • It has not reached Chapter III (Researched Advanced Scouts in that Chapter), AND
  • Has not purchased Diamonds. If the Diamonds have been spent, the purchase still counts.
As none of these criteria can be determined by looking at the city (except in the case of those cities with a permanently upgrading Main Hall, which is a sure sign of inactivity), we have to trust that the system is working. ;)

Given the number of tickets we receive from people who have to start over again after taking a holiday, I am pretty sure the system is working properly. It may not be the best, but it is working. :rolleyes:

Deleted User - 106219

• It has not reached Chapter III (Researched Advanced Scouts in that Chapter), AND
  • Has not purchased Diamonds. If the Diamonds have been spent, the purchase still counts.
Those two requirements are the main problem. There are many cities that will NEVER be deleted because they have reached chapter III and/or purchased Diamonds. Thus they continue to occupy spots on the map, and those spots will never be freed for new players.

And by the way, in some cases those two criteria can be determined by looking at the city:
- if the player has premium buildings that cost more Diamonds than can be obtained for free in the first few chapters, then the player has likely bought diamonds
- if the player has buildings that become available only once you reach chapter III (for example, a Superior Residence), then obviously the player has reached chapter III

DeletedUser7733

So what about moving the ones that don't meet the criteria for deletion while obviously inactive to the edge of the map to make space for very active players? Especially the ones that have their main hall upgrade in progress should be moved to the edge.

DeletedUser6341

Spending Diamonds does not have to be done on the buildings. You can use them on so many many other things. Yes for sure if the player has a level 3 builder or MA they have probably bought Diamonds (not always, but for beginners probably)

Players could spend on research or upgrades and still meet the criteria

just a thought

Killiak

Artisan
  • It has been inactive (not logged in to) for at least 30 days, AND
As none of these criteria can be determined by looking at the city (except in the case of those cities with a permanently upgrading Main Hall, which is a sure sign of inactivity), we have to trust that the system is working. ;)

Given the number of tickets we receive from people who have to start over again after taking a holiday, I am pretty sure the system is working properly. It may not be the best, but it is working. :rolleyes:

Lovely, thank you for this answer. Blind faith, however, has never really been my thing.
So WHY aren't inactive cities (inactive longer than 30 days) moved to the edge of the map, so that active people can be moved to spots where they will have active neighbours.

Pauly7

Magus
So WHY aren't inactive cities (inactive longer than 30 days) moved to the edge of the map, so that active people can be moved to spots where they will have active neighbours.
Absolutely. This is the question.

@Rilian It is all very well to explain how it does work, but it doesn't address the fact that it is an entirely broken system.

I've made the point before... and no one refuted it.... that at some point in the Autumn of 2017 there was a big shake up when almost everyone got moved to a better area, myself included. Since that big move I do not know one single person who has subsequently been moved again. We are all still in the same deteriorating neighbourhoods with cities that have been inactive for more than a year.

So as @Killiak intimates, other than during that one particular reshuffle (I assume it happened then), no inactive cities are being moved outwards which, to me, seems like it would be quite a simple process and should be an absolute no-brainer in terms of ways to improve things.

Is this somehow all linked to the fact that owners of inactive cities are sent bribes of up to several thousand diamonds to come back? Perhaps Inno is more keen on persuading the players that walked away to come back than to make sure those that didn't walk away do not leave.

DeletedUser8086

:) - Now, to add insult to injury, a 30+ hour scouting has just discovered a goldmine :)

Deleted User - 341074

I said chapter 4, you say chapter 3
I said has 200 diamonds left, you said purchased diamonds ever.
Not sure I'd call that "totally wrong" I'd call it "Close, but it's actually even worse than you think!"

Awesome.:rolleyes:

As everyone else has posted, those inactives need to be moved to the edge of the map. However the system chooses for actives to move in, the reverse should work for inactives to move out.

The way it is currently, I imagine that idiot who tries to get into the full elevator before letting anyone else get off.

m4rt1n

Adept
Today 3 goldmines appeared in my world, and were very quickly filled with new cities, now I see the problem. Moving day is on a Monday, but most new starters start on a weekend and get deleted 4 weeks later on a weekend, and so on...
How has an outside city got a chance with such restrictions on when a city can move.
A solution would be to allow any day to be moving day and give waiting cities priority for good spots. :)

Edit: Posted before I see a possible solution on the horizon.

Last edited: