• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Royal Restoration Spell

DeletedUser3985

IMO the simplest fix for this would be to lock magic upgrades at 10 RR per. This way nothing is "lost" for those big spenders who pay for the rest of us.
I think that's the absolute bare minimum that should be done. No idea why Inno want to upset their big spenders like that.

RodgerR

Adventurer
At first I was kinda pissed that the Elvenar devs suddenly came up with the 1 RR spel per tile setup instead of simply using 1 RR spell to upgrade 1 event building 1 level, but after thinking about it I think it's actually a pretty good change because this makes it actually worthwhile to upgrade small(er) event buildings.

However, considering that in the Amuni chapter a magic residence is already 16 squares and a workshop is 24 squares, I do feel that the (currently in Beta) 1 Magic Blueprint --> 10 Royal Restoration spells exchange rate is incredibly unfair.

This means it'll suddenly cost DOUBLE to upgrade your magic residences/workshops to the new guest race chapter.

It would've been much better IMO if the devs had mostly kept the old setup. By which I mean, keep the blueprints solely for upgrading magic residences & workshops and add the Royal Restoration spell for upgrading event buildings. Spread out about 10 RR spells across tourney chests and add the possibility to disenchant/convert a magic blueprint into 15 or 16 RR spells.

And also add the option to produce RR spells in your Magic Academy (I'm thinking 6h production in a lvl 5 Magic Academy). Thereby making the Magic Academy more useful.

Anyhow, at the very least we should get no less than 15 RR spells for a magic blueprint. And even then the magic blueprint is still being devalued by this change.

I agree with everything you have said and your ideas on the RR so that it is made fairer.
Especially the fact it will cost us double to upgrade a magic residence/ workshop.
It just feels like a way of devaluing our magic blueprint, also I have been told to upgrade say a 3/4 square building would cost us about 10 blueprints, I mean what's the point of upgrading an event building for a crazy cost like that.

Well said Cerebros, I have very little money as I am on Sick benefits and I have worked very hard in my FS to earn the blueprints I have, and as you say, it seems like they have devalued them.

Anyway, great post mate.;)

Last edited:

Timneh

Artisan
Looks like the wait for the RR will go on a bit longer as it has been deactivated on beta while they have a rethink based on feedback and to iron out a couple of problems they have found.

DeletedUser5093

From my understanding of the proposed upgrade costs, for most players this will require a phenomenal investment of time and/or effort in order to achieve any upgrades, or else put it out of reach entirely. Seeing as how literally everyone was severely negatively affected by The Great Building Nerf, it seems the vast majority will be much worse off with this feature, than if Inno had chosen to do nothing at all. I do like the idea of being able to upgrade event buildings, but I think the cost to do so needs to be rethought, and/or increase the number we can get in game, such as earning more in tournaments, or enabling us to craft the spell.

Using the Spheric stub for an example calculation:
This is a 4x4 building, and at a proposed cost of 1 spell per tile, this will therefore cost 16 spells to upgrade a mere 1 level.
A player who is reasonably small, or in a reasonably low level fellowship, will achieve 1 spell in the 3rd chest (if they can get this far), and therefore take 16 weeks (at least) to save up enough spells to upgrade it 1 level.
A medium sized player/fellowship that consistently completes 5 chests will get 3 spells in a tournament and therefore take the equivalent of 5.3 weeks to upgrade it 1 level, which is still a lot.
The largest players in fellowships who invest heavily in tournaments and reach the 10th chest will get 11 spells per tournament, and take the equivalent of 1.5 weeks to save up enough spells to upgrade it 1 level.

Now consider: how many buildings did you have nerfed? How many levels will you need to upgrade them all to something akin to what they were? Or even just to the point where they're worthwhile. How many tiles do they all take up? So just how many spells will you need? And how much time and resources will you need to invest just to get that from tournaments?

For many, even those who aren't anything close to large players, we could be looking at something like hundreds, maybe even thousands of spells needed just to undo the damage of The Great Building Nerf. This is unviable, so either the upgrade cost must come down, or we need to be able to get more spells in game without investing a ridiculous amount of time or resources. Preferably both.

*Post edited to adjust calculation numbers, as they are now known.*

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 341074

Seeing as how literally everyone was severely negatively affected by The Great Building Nerf, it seems the vast majority will be much worse off with this feature, than if Inno had chosen to do nothing at all.
I think this may be a slight exaggeration. Not a single player in my 3 fellowships lost more than 100 pop from "the great nerf", and a few actually gained pop.
Also, due to that rebalancing, they are now able to re-release items like the winter star which is an incredible building.
Finally, 2 weeks ago any FS getting 9.9 chests or less got absolutely zero blueprints or restorations, and will now get at least some which is undeniably better than none.

Deleted User - 106219

I think this may be a slight exaggeration. Not a single player in my 3 fellowships lost more than 100 pop from "the great nerf", and a few actually gained pop.
It's not much of an exaggeration, it just depends on which old buildings the players still had at the time of the nerf. I have some of the oldest buildings (such as Scream of Halloween) and lost a significant amount of population and culture. Some players got hit a lot worse than me, though - there were players that were thousands of population in the negative. That's why we were given a free Magic Residence to help with the population issue.

Deleted User - 341074

It's not much of an exaggeration
Sure some few players were hit very hard, but since it only affected 6&12-month-old buildings a significant portion of the player base suffered zero consequences, and some even profited.

" literally everyone was severely negatively affected "
Is quite the exaggeration IMO.

Deleted User - 341074

Well, my prize for completing every single event, was to loose over 5k population in a snap of fingers by the devs.
Mmmhmm, there were certainly some players who got a kick in the nards, no disputing that.
But It was just some players who suffered so, and not "literally everyone"
If there was 1 single player who did not get nerfed, then it's not "literally everyone"
To lose 5K pop you would need many very old hybrid buildings which while a valid strategy before the nerf simply wasn't that common. Again, I realize this does nothing to diminish your pain, but it wasn't as universally felt as Ulyssblue made it sound.

When trying to make a point, if absolutes like "everyone" are used and are clearly untrue it weakens the whole argument.

Tiriake

Soothsayer
But It was just some players who suffered so, and not "literally everyone"

You talk about some arguments being valid and some not. So I'm curious where did you get that "accurate" just some players count for how many were affected? By my guess from the same place where people who said "literally everyone" ..unless you work for inno and has that type of information first hand, you just guessed.
For the record I didn't say that it affected everyone the same way, I said how it affected me. Because you may dismiss what they did as unimportant, because you weren't affected by it or lay the blame on me for having older buildings. It always goes like that. Players are always blamed in this forum. But my true fault is in believing that if I put in the effort and time to win a building that it remains with the same values. So, yes I am to blame for trusting Inno and I got burned for that.

I still participate in the events, but the list of buildings that are never ever going to get placed in my city is growing longer with every event. Because I can't trust that they will remain as they are. Not after that nerf. As for the royal restoration spell why would I use it, if the devs can just snap fingers again and poof event building again looses it's value. Because there is no guarantee that they won't do that again. I will use it to upgrade that magic residency they gave...if that spell ever comes.
I think the only buildings you can trust to place are the one's that will expire. Or sort of like hoping that maybe they wont nerf it during that 50/100 days that they last.

Deleted User - 341074

You talk about some arguments being valid and some not.
No, I pointed out that some statements are inaccurate, not "invalid"
So I'm curious where did you get that "accurate" just some players count for how many were affected?
Because it is a fact.
"Some" means "more than none, but less than all". Maybe English isn't your first language? If so, I'm sorry it wasn't clear for you, and hopefully this helps.
Because you may dismiss what they did as unimportant, because you weren't affected by it
On the contrary, I think your losses were important, and I never said nor implied otherwise.
or lay the blame on me for having older buildings. It always goes like that. Players are always blamed in this forum.
I specifically said that what you did was a valid strategy. Try reading my post again without assuming.

DeletedUser5093

literally everyone was severely negatively affected by The Great Building Nerf
Seeing as how so many people have taken issue with this statement I will concede that it perhaps slightly overestimated the issue, but only slightly. It was nevertheless extremely severe, and as such does not render the rest of my conclusions invalid.

DeletedUser441

I lost nearly 5k population and was hoping to gain it back , plus more , using RR spells , but now it seems that I'll need hundreds of them to upgrade all my event buildings to my present level. :( :rolleyes: :mad:

Pauly7

Magus
Seeing as how literally everyone was severely negatively affected by The Great Building Nerf, it seems the vast majority will be much worse off with this feature, than if Inno had chosen to do nothing at all.
From my own point of view, I didn't lose one single one out of my population during "The Great Building Nerf" and I also had no particular interest in using blueprints to upgrade magic houses or workshops. Therefore anything Inno does to allow me to upgrade event buildings is going to be an improvement on before, especially as I am one who is always desperate to hold onto my favourite buildings just because I like them (I still have my Menhirok's Barrow from the Easter 2017 event and I think it was won in chapter 2).

I'm not being critical of your points, I am just saying that they do not apply to everyone.

My view is that Royal Restoration has become a more powerful thing than the blueprint was as it allows us to keep our favourite buildings and it is bound to hit Inno in terms of diamonds spent on new events, therefore I don't think that it costing a bit more to upgrade a magic residence is too much of a problem.... but that's just my standpoint.

To me the biggest question mark is over why they would be saying a blueprint is worth 11 RR spells, but we're only going to pay out 10 RR spells.... that just feels a little bit cheaty to me.

Dr.nYo

Adventurer
wouldnt it be simple to just leave blueprint as it is and make spell for event only? doesnt make sense to mess around diamond buildings at this point since they only changed event buildings back then- nerfed :D should seems logical even from inno's view...i hope:oops: all this fuss wont affect non-diamond players, and mostly wont become 1. diamond users gona get bashed, with fs ppls who get 10th chest in tourneys. small profit big mess

Last edited:

Sir Derf

Adept
Am I correct that the most recent implementation of blueprint or a set of RR spells would upgrade a building by 1 level?

What about the possibility that a set of RR could upgrade to current chapter, multiple levels at once?

Deleted User - 341074

Am I correct that the most recent implementation of blueprint or a set of RR spells would upgrade a building by 1 level? What about the possibility that a set of RR could upgrade to current chapter, multiple levels at once?
I don't think that would work.
With a BP upgrading any building 1 level, it would be a huge waste to use it on a unicorn instead of a bigger building.

By splitting blueprints into smaller RR it will make sense to either upgrade a 4x3 building or a 1x2 building since you pay per square.
If the RR upgrade buildings by multiple levels, you then run into the same issue as before where some choices are awesome, and others...less so.
E.G. It is brilliant to upgrade that 2-year-old castle snowflake from chapter 7 to chapter 13, and very wasteful to upgrade anything that is only 1 chapter old. In fact, those in chapter 13 would all face the annoying fact that upgrading anything today would be dumb since the next chapter is supposed to be coming soon.

Sir Derf

Adept
Was pondering in the direction of the people complaining at how many RR's were necessary to upgrade a many-level behind many-square building.

Pauly7

Magus
Is there any more news? That must be nearly three weeks since it was announced that Royal Restoration was being tested in Beta.