• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

DeletedUser5976

Don't see why you keep hammering the volunteer staff @LadyHavva

How do you arrive at the conclusion that I am hammering the volunteer staff? I have been talking about the game devs, and the lack of communication from the company to the community. The volunteer staff can only relay what they are asked to relay to us and not come up with their own strategy of communication.

It is not Jack's job either and I am also not expecting it from him. I am glad he does it, but I wouldn't be cross with him if he didn't.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 341074

Well, you guys can be all nice and not blame jack, but I do. The last few Q&A have been great because I was able to skim through the edited version he supplied. He can't just jump on a grenade 4/5 times! I expect 100% self-sacrifice damnit!
But seriously I'm just glad I happened to log in and get the pop-up in game so I could ask some real questions. And kudos to the devs for ignoring most of the banal "Why can't we rotate buildings/I want storage" questions.

Jackluyt

Shaman
These are the Chapter Tabs that have been added to Event Buildings

48375494_10213026446516477_4311961072840998912_n.jpg

DeletedUser5532

I was kinda hoping that the RR Spell would be a benefit to the players. seems not, I`m still shaking my head at this . So now it will take 21 RR spells to upgrade my magic workshops, so instead of 1 x 10 chest tournament, it will take 2 x 10 chest tournament. Another awesome show of greed by the devs of this game.

11 RR Spells for completing 10 chests, and 1 RR spell per square to upgrade a building.

More info here - https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/testing-royal-restoration-spell.11970/

Seems I was right in believing that the spell as was promised would never make the game, but never did I imagine that it would make the game in this way .

Words fail me.

DeletedUser5532

Let's hope that between Beta and here things will be tweaked to improve it.

One can only hope that things get better. But I think that like any good negotiations, you go in low and then work to a compromise.
However, as I see it, Unless the number of RR spells from the 10 chests is equal to the number needed to upgrade any, and all magic buildings, then the people who have spent money (myself included) will have lost out.
Before I needed 1 x 10 chest Tournament to upgrade 1 Magic Workshop, now I will need 24 RR Spells, which is more than 2 x 10 chest Tournament.

Yes, I agree, there are some great advantages, in that we will be able to upgrade the event buildings we love, but at what price the change ?

It is very reasonable for us to expect that the 10 chest total will upgrade 1 Magic building, no matter its size. And it is very easy for the devs to set a fixed price of 11 RR Spells on every upgrade. But I am confident that this will not happen. From a business point of view, the devs have made a change that will make them more money. This is their job after all.

DeletedUser5976

in that we will be able to upgrade the event buildings we love, but at what price the change ?

Yes you are right. I was too new in the game to have any of the good old event buildings that got nerfed. But people who had those already paid a price. And will be paying again if the rate stays as it is. And I am also now at a stage where I won't be able to upgrade all my magic buildings with RR spells gained in tourneys, let alone have any left to upgrade event buildings.

Jackluyt

Shaman
Marindor gave this feedback in Beta

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your feedback so far.

Regarding your feedback about comparing the value of Royal Restoration Spells to Blueprints: The goal of adjusting the costs to the respective tile sizes of the buildings was to give you the option to upgrade your favorite event buildings, no matter if they are very big or super small. Prior to the conversion, you would have needed to spend 1 RBlueprint for the upgrade of each building, maybe even 2 for the biggest and strongest event buildings. Small buildings, on the other hand, would have also cost one Spell, which would have made them the worst upgrade option available, essentially penalizing you for wanting to keep that building in your city.

Regarding your concerns about the conversion rate, we do understand that, especially for players in higher chapters, everything seems more expensive. At the same time, however, we also need to keep players in earlier chapters in mind. All of our calculations right now are based on a value of one blueprint being 10 Royal Restoration spells. Premium Residences, for instance, as the most commonly placed premium buildings, have an average tile size of 10.85 combined for Humans and Elves. As you can see, the average for these is slightly above 10, due to higher Chapter buildings being bigger, but also significantly more effective. If you take Elves, the first premium residential above 10 tiles of size occurs as late as Chapter 8. Before that point in time, each upgrade actually even costs less than it did with Blueprints before.

This in turn means that each tournament completion now gives the equivalent needed to upgrade an average residence, and then some. Additionally, it has become a lot easier for smaller Fellowships to gain the Royal Restoration Spells for their members, as the conversion now allows us to split up the spells and put them already in earlier chests. Of course, the demands will increase over time in the game. That is only natural.

Of course, bigger buildings require more spells (because their output is a lot higher as well). Please also look at the fact that for smaller event buildings, it means that you can now upgrade more buildings per week than you would have with just 1 BP. Counting the overall average output per tile, it should be balanced in a fair way. Also: You don't have to make it to the final chest in the tournaments anymore to still be able to gain Royal Restoration Spells, so in general they will be obtainable for far more players than just the really fanatic ones who were able to acquire Blueprints before.

Either way, we will of course keep a close eye on the developments on Beta, that is the whole point of testing the release early. Therefore we also appreciate your comments and concerns, but please take some time and test these changes as well, play tournaments, upgrade some buildings, and let us know how everything feels. :)

|

MarindorSig02.png

DeletedUser5532

Regarding your concerns about the conversion rate, we do understand that, especially for players in higher chapters, everything seems more expensive.

It does not seem more expensive, it IS more expensive. Upgrading my Magic Workshops will cost more than double the price

Premium Residences, for instance, as the most commonly placed premium buildings, have an average tile size of 10.85 combined for Humans and Elves.

This is of course assuming that players buy all of their Magic Buildings in Chapter 1. I would be interested to know, in all the active players who have bought Magic Buildings, how many of them bought all of their buildings in Chapter 1.

Deleted User - 384643

I would be interested to know, in all the active players who have bought Magic Buildings, how many of them bought all of their buildings in Chapter 1.
I got my first blueprint when I was in Halflings, and waited till I was in Elementals to buy my first Magic Buildings. That way I could use blueprints to upgrade them and I wouldn't have to spend diamonds on them again.

If I'd bought them sooner then I would've had to spend a lot of diamonds/$$$ to upgrade them every chapter, which I didn't want to do.
Unless you're pretty early on in a great fellowship that unlocks ten chests every tournament, I don't think it's smart to buy magic buildings in those early chapters. Or at least not cheap. ;)

Thagdal

Sorcerer
Quoting Marindor

You don't have to make it to the final chest in the tournaments anymore to still be able to gain Royal Restoration Spells, so in general they will be obtainable for far more players than just the really fanatic ones who were able to acquire Blueprints before.

so as well having just devalued blueprints they've devalued the tournament too. so unless you're a "fanatic" as Marindor stated, nobody will bother doing 10 chests anymore?!?.o_O:eek::D

m4rt1n

Adept
so as well having just devalued blueprints they've devalued the tournament too. so unless you're a "fanatic" as Marindor stated, nobody will bother doing 10 chests anymore?!?.o_O:eek::D

Some of us are really happy about this change, our fellowship is building and can only manage 7 chests currently.
Should only 10 chest fellowships be able to upgrade event buildings?

Thagdal

Sorcerer
@m4rt1n
im happy about this too, i dont even do tournaments every week, my FS can manage 5 chests if we feel like it.
i have one free premium building that many got from INNO earlier in the year and i finally get to upgrade it.:D

but this isnt a nice change for those already at the 10 chest level requiring more RR spells than blueprints. its another big nerf for them.

DeletedUser7733

Quoting Marindor:

Regarding your concerns about the conversion rate, we do understand that, especially for players in higher chapters, everything seems more expensive. At the same time, however, we also need to keep players in earlier chapters in mind. All of our calculations right now are based on a value of one blueprint being 10 Royal Restoration spells. Premium Residences, for instance, as the most commonly placed premium buildings, have an average tile size of 10.85 combined for Humans and Elves. As you can see, the average for these is slightly above 10, due to higher Chapter buildings being bigger, but also significantly more effective. If you take Elves, the first premium residential above 10 tiles of size occurs as late as Chapter 8. Before that point in time, each upgrade actually even costs less than it did with Blueprints before.

That's great that we actually have more information on how they came up with the conversion rate. It does make sense, the only thing is that most of the players that have blueprints are in high chapters. I suppose it's still better for them to get the RR spells for their blueprints that don't have any value for players in Amuni not until they release a new guest race.

Thagdal

Sorcerer
also seeing as this is a "spell" it should be craftable in the MA. maybe at least 3 catalysts and a 1000 fragments for 1, so it still takes plenty of time to craft.
This would also be an option for non FS players...

m4rt1n

Adept
I'd like to see it being able to produce from the 3 boosted relics, even if it takes 2 of each and 24 hours to produce as a regular spell in the MA.

DeletedUser3985

Some of us are really happy about this change, our fellowship is building and can only manage 7 chests currently.
Should only 10 chest fellowships be able to upgrade event buildings?
By that logic then RR spells should be given in the first chest to prevent discrimination against the lazy and the greedy.
Should only 7 chest fellowships be able to upgrade event buildings?

The cost to upgrade a magic building should be capped at 10 RR. Anything more is basically giving the middle finger to anyone who bought magic buildings.