• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Royal Restoration Spell

Deleted User - 384643

At first I was kinda pissed that the Elvenar devs suddenly came up with the 1 RR spel per tile setup instead of simply using 1 RR spell to upgrade 1 event building 1 level, but after thinking about it I think it's actually a pretty good change because this makes it actually worthwhile to upgrade small(er) event buildings.

However, considering that in the Amuni chapter a magic residence is already 16 squares and a workshop is 24 squares, I do feel that the (currently in Beta) 1 Magic Blueprint --> 10 Royal Restoration spells exchange rate is incredibly unfair.

This means it'll suddenly cost DOUBLE to upgrade your magic residences/workshops to the new guest race chapter.

It would've been much better IMO if the devs had mostly kept the old setup. By which I mean, keep the blueprints solely for upgrading magic residences & workshops and add the Royal Restoration spell for upgrading event buildings. Spread out about 10 RR spells across tourney chests and add the possibility to disenchant/convert a magic blueprint into 15 or 16 RR spells.

And also add the option to produce RR spells in your Magic Academy (I'm thinking 6h production in a lvl 5 Magic Academy). Thereby making the Magic Academy more useful.

Anyhow, at the very least we should get no less than 15 RR spells for a magic blueprint. And even then the magic blueprint is still being devalued by this change.

DeletedUser960

Really good that the Royal Restoration Spell will come soon.
I´d love to upgrade some of my event buildings. Thank you for that. :)

The conversation ratio is too low, I think. Cerebros suggestion of 15 RR Spells for 1 Blueprint would be much fairer. Could we get - additional to the Spell being producable in Magic Academy and a better ratio - an 11th chest in tourny for 9 or 10 k tourny points with a good handful of RR Spells and other goodies?

Killiak

Artisan
@Dizzy Lizzie @Muf-Muf
THIS, this right here!, this is the level of communication you are looking for. It's complete, it explains the process in enough detail and highlights the design choices made. Hang on to this, keep doing THIS!

As for the actual changes;
- The blueprint has always been a tournament only reward, on chest 10. It's not something that everybody could achieve, but EVERYBODY was affected by The Great Event Nerf. Changing it so that it now becomes available in lower chests is a good thing in that regard and completely fair to the players.

- As I said; it has always been a tournament reward. Personally I don't particularly mind it staying that way, and 3rd chest is silly easy to get anyway. However, for lower end players (maybe?), or those that really hate tourney, this might be just as unobtainable as 10th chest. It would be good if Inno contemplated on making it an MA spell as well.

- The amount gained per chest and in total tourney, plus the exchange rate for current blueprints, seems a wee bit on the low end. Especially since we will need one RR per tile. The current daily set (the winter fair set) is 47 squares, which would take 5 tournaments to upgrade but only if you manage chest 10!!!
I think @Cerebros is correct in stating that 15 would be more balanced.

All in all; a very good change, and very well explained. Good job, and mind the feedback!

Pauly7

Magus
As @Killiak says, bravo for the detailed explanation and long may that continue.

I know that I, for one, probably seem negative and ranty about things, but if we had been given slices of this information as we go and as the devs know things then it would've clearly seemed like positive things were happening. OK, I know you don't want to announce something that then gets changed, but the headlines being dealt with could still have been alluded to.

I am happy with what is being implemented for the most part. So essentially, they will convert all our existing blueprints into 10 RR spells, but going forward we can win 11 RR spells per tournament (not entirely sure why we lose one RR spell from existing blueprints, but heigh-ho). It is quite disappointing that it feels less powerful than originally planned (I think the majority of the major event prizes will be somewhere between 12 and 25 squares so one blueprint doesn't upgrade one unless it's a small building), but I can get on board with that, especially as in the last few days I've been saying that I thought we would be able to upgrade only one square with one blueprint.

If I'm to highlight a negative (you know I always will!) it will be to ask that, when this change has been implemented will there be anything left to make the 10th chest of a tournament special? I mean, I know that you get the maximum benefit from the maximum chests, but it was always a buzz that you needed to have the 10th chest specifically to get the blueprint and 9th was nowhere. It made teams really motivated to get all 10 done.... I know that a lot of people will see it as a strong positive that they can open 9 chests and still earn 8 RR spells. Hopefully you know what I am trying to say though.

DeletedUser5532

I was kinda hoping that the RR Spell would be a benefit to the players. seems not, I`m still shaking my head at this . So now it will take 21 RR spells to upgrade my magic workshops, so instead of 1 x 10 chest tournament, it will take 2 x 10 chest tournament. Another awesome show of greed by the devs of this game.

11 RR Spells for completing 10 chests, and 1 RR spell per square to upgrade a building.

Seems I was right in believing that the spell as was promised would never make the game, but never did I imagine that it would make the game in this way .

Words fail me.

m4rt1n

Adept
Thank you very much for the info @Dizzy Lizzie it's greatly appreciated.
I really like that the spell will be spread throughout the tournament chests as being in a 7 chest tourney at least we will get some benefits.
So now I can hold on to my Giant Ice Hagg. :)

DeletedUser3571

I agree with what has been said above, it is nice be told whats going on.
The spell per tile is a great move as it does make it fair on the upgrading of event buildings, which makes it worthwhile to upgrade the smaller event buildings. it also makes it challenging to upgrade the bigger buildings (i have a Spheric Stub that has to go up 5 levels with 16 spells per level = 80 spells) This will mean you have to really give thought to which buildings you upgrade (just like you would if you were going to replace it).
I also like how the spells are available in earlier chests, which makes it available to all (as i remember for a long time being in f/s where 6 or 7 were the best we could do)

However it's the change to magic buildings that i'm against, mainly as i never expected the spell to have any effect on them. My blueprints when converted will not be able to upgrade as many magic buildings as they could before conversion. All magic residence for orcs and above will now be more than a blueprint can obtain (with humans having chapter 4 and 5 being more as well). for workshops it's even worse all chapter 4 above will be more than a blueprint can gain.

To make this work I think that a cap will need to be placed on the magic buildings like mentioned for the diamonds. To keep it fair this cap should be the amount available for the conversion of 1 blueprint (as long as we can still get at least that amount by getting the 10th chest of the tournament ).
If this was done i would be happy with the changes. (the upgrading of my Magic buildings would be unaffected like we all expected them to be, while event buildings would be possible to upgrade if a bit challenging)

Deleted User - 341074

will there be anything left to make the 10th chest of a tournament special? I mean, I know that you get the maximum benefit from the maximum chests, but it was always a buzz that you needed to have the 10th chest specifically to get the blueprint and 9th was nowhere. It made teams really motivated to get all 10 done.... I know that a lot of people will see it as a strong positive that they can open 9 chests and still earn 8 RR spells. Hopefully you know what I am trying to say though.
This is my biggest disappointment. The end-game in Elvenar doesn't have much going on, and getting a group together to work towards that 10 chest common goal was one thing that gave a sense of accomplishment. Trying to convince players that it is worth it to commit 100% more effort to get 30% more prize is going to be a tough sell.

Thagdal

Sorcerer
My blueprints when converted will not be able to upgrade as many magic buildings as they could before conversion. All magic residence for orcs and above will now be more than a blueprint can obtain

who would have thunk it, now they are nerfing the magic buildings in a way too. :rolleyes:

im happy i only have 1 magic residence that was free from INNO. thats all i will probably ever have as this doesnt inspire me to purchase more. good work INNO:D

Timneh

Artisan
The way i see it is this is just another thing that benefits the players that do the least in a tourney. A player could do only 1 encounter in 1 province in a tourney and get all the RR spells earned by the rest of the FS. I know that they already benefit by getting the tourney rewards but i feel that getting RR spells will be even more beneficial to them. Yes those players could be booted i guess. I have never really liked the way tourneys work because the bigger players do more work for the same rewards as the players that do less. Just my opinion and maybe i am wrong, time will tell.

Thagdal

Sorcerer
does a player that gets booted mid tourny still get the rewards at tournament end?
if so that needs to be changed so the archmage can monitor participation and any members that havent done there fair share by the end can be booted and not receive rewards. Unless the FS has pre-arranged exemptions of course.:)

DeletedUser7733

I want to thank you very much for making the spell available to players and fellowships that do the tournament in a relaxed way. :)

I also think that the conversion rate from Blueprint is unfair to players that trusted Inno to release something very valuable and put a very hard effort into tournaments to get more Blueprints. It's only a one off conversion so it doesn't have a long term effect on the game and it should be high enough to match the current value of Blueprints.

Deleted User - 341074

I want to thank you very much for making the spell available to players and fellowships that do the tournament in a relaxed way. :)
While I'm glad that more relaxed FS can get a taste, I think they have made it too easy and removed a lot of the incentive to try and reach the 10th chest.
I also think that the conversion rate from Blueprint is unfair to players that trusted Inno to release something very valuable and put a very hard effort into tournaments to get more Blueprints. It's only a one off conversion so it doesn't have a long term effect on the game and it should be high enough to match the current value of Blueprints.
IMO the simplest fix for this would be to lock magic upgrades at 10 RR per. This way nothing is "lost" for those big spenders who pay for the rest of us.

I think it's a pretty cheap move on inno's part to convert at 10:1 but to also say that 10 chests now is worth 11.
Ripping off players for 1 more RR? Why?

Note: My 3 FS get 4-6, 8-9, and 9-10 chests each week in case anyone want's to know where I'm coming from.

DeletedUser7733

@SoggyShorts, to adjust a regular game play strategy is quite risky and I think that Inno gives it a lot of thought. Every change to regular game play can have unforeseen implications to how people play and can disturb the intended game play. When designing a game, there’s always a certain way that the developers intend you to play. Of course, kept very secret and it’s up to you to decide how to play but they will always nudge you certain way.

If they decide to lock the price of magic residences over the current strategy that they spent months on analysing, they have to analyse it again to make sure that it works the way they intend to. That’s why I suggested a different conversion ratio because it doesn’t affect their future strategy, it’s only one off and doesn’t have to be analysed much.

m4rt1n

Adept
I'm very pleased the Royal Restoration Spell is on it's way finally after a long wait.
I would however love to see another way to get it besides tournament chests.

How about using BOOSTED relics in the MA to be able to forge one, even if it is 2 of each boost and a 24 hour production for a standard level 2 MA.
Also the ability to craft one would be nice say for 3 Catalyst and 500-1000 fragments, and that in my opinion would help address the issues of non-tournament players.

@Dizzy Lizzie am I right to assume that on the release of the RR spell, event buildings will become diamond up-gradable also like Magic buildings are now?
This would generate extra revenue from the wealthy players, hence making the game better in the long run for us regular players, as game companies have wages to pay after all.