• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Winter Magic!

Thagdal

Sorcerer
@Lisica
i agree with you, i suppose coming from FOE i knew that buying kp willy nilly wouldnt benefit me in the long run here. it was increments of 50 gold at FOE, here its 500, that was a reason i dont purchase kp outside of quests.
But inno do have a startup quest to buy kp, so that told me there would be more to come...its going to be interesting to see what happens when you cant generate enough gold or rss to buy 14kp in one go. thats probably why they are giving 50% coin rains in this event:D

m4rt1n

Adept
**Winter Magic**

Today I spun 800 snowflakes on double day aiming mainly and only spinning on time boost chest offers, but unfortunately for me ended up with 6 excess Unicorn. :oops:
No worries there as they have all been disenchanted and I did win a few time boosters also ranging from 1 hour to 14 hours and unlock the second GP. :)

Wondering though if I used up my "win the building" luck but I assume odds reset for every spin. o_O:p

On another note to my surprise a T4 production of 3 hours counted for a T1 production of 3 hours on a quest when I read earlier in the discussion that would also count as a 1 day production, so which is correct?

Deleted User - 106219

It USED to count as a 1-day production, but this was changed in one of the previous events and now it counts as a 3-hour production.

DeletedUser3097

wintermagicbanner (1).png

Winter... snowflakes... snow....Santa...

He knows if you've been good or bad, so be good for goodness sake ... and keep this thread on topic!

m4rt1n

Adept
Managed to reach the 50 snowflakes reward today, ( Yay for me ) not sure what number quest it is but it's called "Hohoho" just hoping the quests don't run out now. Happy Snowflaking all :)

Nice play, I'm around the same point so you will be about 4/5ths of the way through the 100 quests.

No worries about snowflakes though as you can still get 50+ a day from the daily quest and the pickups which run until January 3rd. :)

m4rt1n

Adept
Finally finished the main quests without too much planning. I started with no provinces scouted as I hammered them for expansions to get the elementals settlement going.
1740 snowflakes and the first 2 set buildings, and GP 1 and 2 unlocked, so now to try and not spend them all too quickly, which I have done in previous events. I need more self control. :)

Deleted User - 341074

Finally finished the main quests without too much planning. I started with no provinces scouted as I hammered them for expansions to get the elementals settlement going.
1740 snowflakes and the first 2 set buildings, and GP 1 and 2 unlocked, so now to try and not spend them all too quickly, which I have done in previous events. I need more self control. :)
What's the plan going forwards? You could get 1 or even 2 more set buildings and have enough leftover that if used on double days would get you the GP set as well.
Basic formula:
Delicacies needed for GP 3 * 3.5 = how many snowflakes I need on the final double day to get that GP3
E.G. I have 65/400, so I need 335 more
335*3.5= 1173
So If I spend 1173 snowflakes on the last double day, I should win GP3

m4rt1n

Adept
What's the plan going forwards? You could get 1 or even 2 more set buildings and have enough leftover that if used on double days would get you the GP set as well.
Basic formula:
Delicacies needed for GP 3 * 3.5 = how many snowflakes I need on the final double day to get that GP3
E.G. I have 65/400, so I need 335 more
335*3.5= 1173
So If I spend 1173 snowflakes on the last double day, I should win GP3

I like your example, it's very close to my actual situation except I have 87/400 for GP3.

I'm planning on going for the set and also a couple of spins for the Gingerbread and Winter Star to replace some pop/culture if possible.

Edit: To add I have collected 40 snowflakes since my post 14 hours ago, as I have the Advent Candle, so assume for the remaining 18 days I can get around 75 per day, so another 1350 approximately yet to get, enough to get GP3 if I use all I had the 1740 going for dailies. :)

Last edited:

Luciana

Seeker
Unlocked GP3 today & luckily i got the daily "Ice Lindworm" daily prize , i've been very lucky the last 3 days to also get a "wishing well" & the " Winter ferris wheel". The first ExtraGP that has opened is "Market stalls" from the "Winter market set" , i need to get 250 deli's to unlock it. I also bought the advent candle which has helped greatly to boost my daily collections. I am hoping for 2 more double deli days, (fingers & toes crossed" I'm confident there will be at least 1 but as it's xmas Santa may just have another for us. :Do_O:rolleyes::p.................................................................................................................................................................................................................. OMG !!! don't ya just love the " Disenchantment Crafting" in magic academy , I DO! among things, it's allowed me to replace things , Eg ,,, I had a "frozen green flame" worth 270 culture , i built a new one from "DC" which is the same size 2x2 but is worth 600 culture, i've noticed the same with other culture items ( Unicorns & other frozen flame items ) :)

DeletedUser7930

7 tries to get lindeworm today no way that is a 25 percent chance and 7 tries to get candy booth the other day and still nothing then either what sort of a contest has you spendin 90 snowflakes to return 30 such a dissapointing event

Thagdal

Sorcerer
well ive completed the daily quests, got 7 wishing wells and 4 ferris wheels. not going for the set buildings so will spend the rest of my snowflakes on something other than an expiring building.
(i know the ferris wheel is expiring but i can generate maybe 196 broken shards to get quite a few AW's ready for building)
i mainly used the 80 & 105 options for the 8/14hr time boosters and runes.:D

spendin 90 snowflakes to return 30 such a dissapointing event

i agree, that is a bit unusual as it used to be you could get more snowflakes than you bet with. obviously Inno want more diamond purchases made;)

Deleted User - 341074

i agree, that is a bit unusual as it used to be you could get more snowflakes than you bet with. obviously Inno want more diamond purchases made;)
Actually, your odds in this event for winning buildings was basically the same as in other events. Sure sometimes the old 50 box returned 90, but it only had 7% chance of winning. Compared to a 40 box with 15%? That 40 box kills the old system.
Not relying on hitting that free snowflakes chance in order to win grand prizes is also a very nice improvement for the players.

It's easy to assume that all inno decisions are greedy ones, but sometimes they actually make things better for players.

Thagdal

Sorcerer
@SoggyShorts i dont even care about the odds of winning the buildings, i was mainly going for the time boosters and runes. i just did it on the days where there were buildings i didnt mind winning. the wishing wells and ferris wheels.:D

addendum. i also won 2 of the GP's and they went straight to the disenchantment bin...thats all they are good for :)

It's easy to assume that all inno decisions are greedy ones, but sometimes they actually make things better for players.

i dont see how getting a lower amount of snowflakes in a box helps a player to get the GP's...:confused: i would ask you to explain the maths, but i think we would end up in another thread again.:D:D

Last edited:

DeletedUser7533

I was excited for the winter event. Loved the snow-covered ground art.

But then I saw that each snowflake was worth approx. 0.5% of an average cost of the purchase prices, which themselves are worth 0.5% (or less) of the total price of the Clocktower Owls prize.

In the last Halloween event, I could look forward to about one purchase per day for a small chance to win a building. Not so here.
Here's a little secret. This is not "awesome."

Deleted User - 341074

addendum. i also won 2 of the GP's and they went straight to the disenchantment bin...thats all they are good for :)
Are you for sure not getting GP#3? Because while I agree that 2/3 is worth very little, the 3/3 set is actually quite good.
Compare these two:
https://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/03c98a7be4bd4773b05148986e86f21c/
https://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/efdd958097cd4db3ba0910e7fa7e653a/

Your city with the set would make 2-3,000 more T3 per day, save at least 16 squares of space. consume fewer supplies, and on top of that make 3 KP per day extra. I hope you haven't disenchanted them yet:(
i dont see how getting a lower amount of snowflakes in a box helps a player to get the GP's...:confused: i would ask you to explain the maths, but i think we would end up in another thread again.:D:D
This one is actually on topic! Yay us!
The other system does make it about 11% easier to win grand prizes, but the reason I feel this way is better for players is that it is far less random.
Those 50 chests with a 19% chance to win 90 and a 15% chance to win 50 cause some very wide swings from "normal", and the more deviations from average, the more upset players tend to get.

For Delicacies, The other system has an average cost of about 5.1 per, and this system costs about 6.7 per.
However, this system also comes with 100 quests, not 86 giving 396 more snowflakes and has 32 days, not 26 for 6 more daily quests (210 more snowflakes) and 144 more hours of snowflakes spawning around your city.(~180 more snowflakes)
All told that means this winter event gives us about 5300 snowflakes for 791 delicacies not counting double days
vs
The other system that gives ~4500 for 882 delicacies not counting double days.

Moon splinter calculationsSmallMediumLarge

[TR1][TD]Splinters per chest[/TD][TD]25.4[/TD][TD]57.7[/TD][TD]103[/TD][/TR1]
[TR2][TD]Splinters per sun flare[/TD][TD]5.08[/TD][TD]5.77[/TD][TD]5.15[/TD][/TR2]
[TR2][TD]Splinters per 1% coin[/TD][TD]11.289[/TD][TD]7.693[/TD][TD]12.005[/TD][/TR2]
[TR1][TD]Splinters per 1% supply[/TD][TD]11.289[/TD][TD]7.693[/TD][TD]12.005[/TD][/TR1]
[TR2][TD]Splinters per 1 hour boost[/TD][TD]26.737[/TD][TD]37.961[/TD][TD]24.524[/TD][/TR2]
[TR1][TD]Splinters per daily building[/TD][TD]362.857[/TD][TD]443.856[/TD][TD]412[/TD][/TR1]
[TR2][TD]Splinters per knowledge point[/TD][TD]46.182[/TD][TD]52.455[/TD][TD]37.455[/TD][/TR2]
[/QUOTE]
Credit to @pheryll on Us forums for the above table
chest winter 2018.png

Deleted User - 341074

But then I saw that each snowflake was worth approx. 0.5% of an average cost of the purchase prices, which themselves are worth 0.5% (or less) of the total price of the Clocktower Owls prize.
Could you explain this, please?

Thagdal

Sorcerer
@SoggyShorts
i wont have enough snowflakes for gp3 as i have finished the sequential quests. but as i stated previously i dont want the set, space is more precious atm for building my fairy buildings.