• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Where will you be in 5 years?

• Thread starter Deleted User - 341074
  • Start date

Deleted User - 341074

i dont think i will be here in 5 years
Well I certainly hope you aren't still in chapter 7 for 5 more years:D
(an advanced city can make 2B in ~100 days)

Last edited by a moderator:

Thagdal

Sorcerer
I dont know. Fairies is the nicest looking chapter.:p..ive been told orcs onwards it gets boring waiting for portal goods. :D

Deleted User - 341074

I dont know. Fairies is the nicest looking chapter.:p.
That's hard to argue. I've been tempted to place a level 3 fairy portal in my cities just for looks.
Maybe the trick is to fill your city with the tallest event* buildings you can find and hide the orc poo.

*Emphasis on the word event, because this post was almost on topic:eek:

FieryArien

Necromancer
EDIT: this post doesn’t belong here, it’s just a bad result of a mass move from Winter Magic!. ;-)

The next tournament will decide. :-D I’ll reach the 73th quest (gain 5 enchantments) tomorrow morning and I’ll try to pass that one as well as the 90th quest (gain 6 enchantments) during the same tournament. If I fail, I’ll build Magic Academy before the next (big) event. But if I succeed ... I’ll just be very proud of myself. ;-)

Conclusion: meh, Magic Academy is overrated. :p Both enchantment quests are behind me. If I go to sleep late, I’ll be done with the sequential quests today. Just in time to drown all those snowflakes in tomorrow’s Wishing Wells. (Everything is ready for the remaining quests, just waiting for the 9 hour productions.)

PS: I’m not really recomending such approach, though. It indeed required more planning, scheduling and thinking than usual. But if someone likes challenge, they can apparently get by without MA.

Last edited:

FieryArien

Necromancer
EDIT: this post also doesn’t belong here, it’s just a bad result of a mass move from Winter Magic!. ;-)

it's all different for me.

initial conditions: no MA, 2.5-2.6m cost of KP, lots of space after Amuni (key factor for events including FA)
playing mode: casual, no strain, sleeping well, no much planning
result: almost finished in 2 worlds
impression from a process: no challenge, usual routine

The part above marked red by me is the main difference. My baby city (the city without MA*) just entered 5th chapter, it has 36 expansions and not even 10 tournament provinces available. I imagine the situation might be slightly different when you finish Amuni. ;-)

*My main city is in Woodelves, it actually has huge space after getting rid of Orcs and the event was super easy there - already finished and just waiting for selected daily offers to come up. I did use MA for one of the enchantment quests, but it wasn’t needed, because all those tournament provinces 10+ provide more than enough enchantments in the second first round.

EDIT: corrected misleading round info.

Last edited:

Thagdal

Sorcerer
(an advanced city can make 2B in ~100 days)

And therein lies the dilemna. im chapter 7, i have a few months maybe a year till im at the point i can throw gold away.
Sure you can fast track it by feeding AW's and such like but for me personally i like plodding along at my own pace. you get to the endgame too quick then it becomes more of whats the point of waiting around for a new guest race, time to move on to something new coz this is boring.
How many times do you want to beat your tournament score or win the FS adventures that are already boring enough as they are.

Deleted User - 341074

And therein lies the dilemna. im chapter 7, i have a few months maybe a year till im at the point i can throw gold away.
If you have no spare gold, then wholesaler vs KP buying is an irrelevant question. If you do have spare gold then the wholesaler is more "throwing away" than buying KP is.
get to the endgame too quick then it becomes more of whats the point of waiting around for a new guest race, time to move on to something new coz this is boring.
You're right about running out of stuff to do if you hit the end. I've almost quit a couple of times this past year waiting for new content. It was unavoidable for me though since I wanted a challenge, and the only one I could find in the game was to see how quickly I could finish chapters.

Thagdal

Sorcerer
you chose the title of this thread:p:D:D

my original question was why do people buy kp outside of quests :D

but seriously i do enjoy this game as i play it, i dont go in for all the maths side of it, if it looks like it will benefit me i will go for it.:)

Thagdal

Sorcerer
you chose the title of the other thread too which is where this probably should be but i think dizzie lizzie has caused confusion by splitting our original convo into 2 threads..:D

Deleted User - 341074

I didn't choose the title of this one. In fact, I didn't realize our convo had been split in 2 until after I posted.

On the topic of 5 years. I plan to be living beach-side in SE Asia between trips to travel the world.:D

Last edited by a moderator:

Pauly7

Magus
I dont know. Fairies is the nicest looking chapter.:p..ive been told orcs onwards it gets boring waiting for portal goods. :D
I disagree entirely. I didn't like Fairies, Orcs or Woodelves as far as chapters go. I thought there were a lot of grand buildings in chapter 5 and now I am happy again in S&D, but I will linger here as long as possible because I hate the idea of turning my city into farmland in Halflings.

m4rt1n

Adept
I disagree entirely. I didn't like Fairies, Orcs or Woodelves as far as chapters go. I thought there were a lot of grand buildings in chapter 5 and now I am happy again in S&D, but I will linger here as long as possible because I hate the idea of turning my city into farmland in Halflings.

My biggest dislikes were the Orcs and Halflings, the chapters dragged on to long for my liking, I loved the S&D the most but am also really liking the Elementals currently.

To answer the opening title, if the game is still here in 5 years then yes I will still be here, god willing. :)

Dr.nYo

Adventurer
omg orcs :eek: city filled with mud, deleted half of my buildings just to build massive amount of shrooms and finish faster. Even tho they are no.1 for me difficulty wise, i fell like amuni are dumbest of them all. never felt im doing some guest race through it. Fairies- quickest, easiest, best looking chapter :) Halflings felt most relaxing. hopefully they dont screw up game in next few years. If i dont become milionare in 5 years i'll be still here, clicking around city and map:p probly