• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Neighbours Gone

• Thread starter DeletedUser7716
  • Start date

DeletedUser7716

All my neighbours are disappearing like flies, leaving empty cities. At one point I had over a dozen viable neihbours, now there are only three. Therefore, I can no longer get treasure chests for offering help. Will new neighbours be assigned at some point?

DeletedUser5976

A big clean-up of the worlds is long overdue. Please move the inactive cities that cannot be deleted to the edges and move the active ones closer to each other. It would be so nice to get more neighbourly help and more trading partners.

DeletedUser7912

Same thing happened me in another server before. Sometimes they move new cities around yours, sometimes they move you a new location. And here is an SS from support page.

25009k5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5976

Hey Dakua, that image is broken and that's a good thing, because Mod's don't want you to share communications with Support in the forums.

DeletedUser7912

Thanks. But it is not communication, it's just an article. I'll try to upload it again then.

m4rt1n

Adept
Please check in your settings that you are ticked to be moved to a more active place. Cities that are built then left unattended for one month get deleted.
Reaching chapter 3 or spending anything premium prevents that happening.

I suggest also that you look to join an active fellowship as then you get to help your fellows also where ever they are in the world and gain the 3 daily chests.

Lots more benefits to being in a fellowship, tax free trades, a go on the weekly tournaments for prizes including kp, spells, Runes and shards to help build wonders, and relics to boost production of your goods. :)

DeletedUser5976

Ah I was thinking of putting here a screenshot of my neighbourhood, but yours is even better than mine ;)

Thagdal

Sorcerer
yep cant get much worse than that :D
130 provinces cleared, 10 provinces have cities and only 4 are in an FS. but there is only that one pictured that helps or trades. and of course he has the same boosted goods as me so...not real helpful:(:)

DeletedUser5976

I don't know if I should be happy that it can always be worse or unhappy that there will be no solution forthcoming even if the situation deteriorates a lot more.

m4rt1n

Adept
I have several fellows stuck in the middle of a gold mine, they have the move to a better location selected and this is going on for several months.
I ask @Dizzy Lizzie has the move to a better location system broke and the developers have not noticed.
A look at the world map on Arendyll for example suggests to me that the move system has unfortunately stopped working and needs looking at asap please.

DeletedUser3097

I have several fellows stuck in the middle of a gold mine, they have the move to a better location selected and this is going on for several months.
I ask @Dizzy Lizzie has the move to a better location system broke and the developers have not noticed.
A look at the world map on Arendyll for example suggests to me that the move system has unfortunately stopped working and needs looking at asap please.
Active players will be moved into better positions on the map but this depends on a suitable spot being available so often this can take some time.

Lelanya

Mentor
Agreed

m4rt1n

Adept
Active players will be moved into better positions on the map but this depends on a suitable spot being available so often this can take some time.

Thank you for your answer, @Dizzy Lizzie but could you please check the answer with the game developers as players are not getting moved, even when spots open up as inactive players get deleted and turned into goldmines.

DeletedUser3097

Thank you for your answer, @Dizzy Lizzie but could you please check the answer with the game developers as players are not getting moved, even when spots open up as inactive players get deleted and turned into goldmines.
That is the answer.

m4rt1n

Adept
Thank you again.

I see that movement if possible happens once per week.
Elvenar does allow for city movement, but only once per week and through our automated city movement process.

Assuming the developers have stats on the game, @Dizzy Lizzie could you look and see how many players were moved on Arendyll this week? Last week? and the week before please? :)

Pauly7

Magus
Please check in your settings that you are ticked to be moved to a more active place.
I started playing this game in April 2017. In about September 2017 me and most people I knew all got moved into new active positions. It was all very exciting... but then the neighbourhoods all deteriorated more and more as time passed and I have never heard of anyone else getting moved since that time well over a year ago, no matter whether that box is ticked.

I didn't really need to quote this sentence as well, but my point is the same as above - 15 months and neither me or anyone I have met has ever been moved again.

Last edited:

m4rt1n

Adept
Maybe the whole system needs an overhaul,

@Dizzy Lizzie, I suggest that players who are above level 3 or who have premium products that have not logged in for 3 consecutive months move outwards a spot to make places for those players who actually play the game regularly, and think if this does not happen the game will die a very slow and horrible death sadly.
Players who have been regularly playing 6 months+ are not moving inwards because all the spots are taken with players who no longer play but have met the initial criteria. Please pass on my comments, neglected cities NEED TO MOVE OUTWARDS, and I believe this would solve the issue.

cwgiii

Shaman

I think part of the confusion may be related to the key phrase: "suitable spot". If I remember correctly, this is not simply based on your city and it's particular set of boosted goods, but also on the layout of discovered provinces around your particular city. So, if memory serves, as a player continues to play, be active, discover new neighbors, the likelihood that a better "suitable spot" (i.e. puzzle piece of your particular world that equates to that already discovered by you) can be found, drops lower and lower.

I also must agree with many folks on this thread (and others) that the definition of "inactive" could be looked at. The number of cities that have been abandoned above the current threshold (chapter 3, I believe) must be huge, and increasing (for all worlds). Same with cities that had purchased diamonds. In my opinion, the criteria to determine "inactivity" is far to restrictive and ends up punishing those of us that truly are (and remain) active.